Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly if he left around that 1st week in September

The Bimini (BAHAMAS) Ferry sails from the Port Everglades on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays & Wednesdays most months. Ferry service directly to the resort in North Bimini is available for $8 per person each way.
Can you go to Bimini without a passport? U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document. Unvaccinated travellers ages 12 and older entering The Bahamas and/or those travelling inter-island from Nassau & Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island, Bimini, Exuma, Abaco, and North and South Eleuthera, including Harbour Island, must obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR (swab) test taken no more than 5 days prior to the journey. The Bimini Fast Ferry has a capacity of 600 passengers.

BL could take his bike on the ferry and camp on the beaches perhaps. US citizens can stay 30 days.

Is there any evidence that the couple who originally gave BL a ride to Jackson Hole saw any injuries on his face or hands? Are there any reports of gas station attendants, fast food clerks, toll booth attendants seeing him with obvious injuries?

To my memory of their stories, neither of them mentioned he was scratched up or injured. The 2nd woman who picked him up said he smelled bad.

Last edited:
IMO B could have go on top on Gabby with his legs on her arms so she couldn't move. I have followed several cases recently where this is what the partner of the victim did - no need to render her unconscious first.

BL didn't weigh that much though. He is not a giant of a man. She could have wriggled and rolled and prob. gotten him off her if he was just pinning her with his legs. I have also wondered if he drugged her or hit her on the head first to make her more easy to subdue.

Last edited:
There are tons of places you don't have to show a card. Most places, in fact. You can travel in many states and out of the country without one. I have a trip abroad planned for Christmas and no card is needed.

eta: I should say, a card is not only not needed, it's not accepted.

Otherwise, surely you would need a recent Covid test?

Last edited:
It’s very possible that he did come home with scratches and fight wounds on his face. But it’s also very very clear that they fought—Moab incident showed that clearly. And that frigging tape could be to his advantage. They had a fight, she got physical so he left. Came back and couldn’t find her and he was so done he left. Or found her dead and panicked because of fight before

But MOO, parents did not lawyer up until about the Sept 10 or 11 when GP’s parents’ messages hit and they knew there was a problem.

It could be why he never showed his face to LE though. They never did see BL
RBBM by “lawyering up immediately” I meant the first time LE came to speak with them. Now that you mention that tho…to your point, that time frame you mention would be the first time we knew they had an attorney. As far as we know that attorney could have been retained immediately when he got home, or the lawyer may stay on retainer for them for all we know. What we do know is that they had retained an attorney by the time LE came knocking - we just don’t know when. Hmmm. Interesting….

“The attorney has repeatedly said he is representing the family and he is representing Brian Laundrie. You would not represent someone who is not alive.” -Former FBI Agent Jennifer Coffindaffer still thinks Brian Laundrie is alive.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1448462301900726279

Attorney may not know for certain whether BL is dead or alive. Is presuming he is alive until evidence shows otherwise. It’s not as though attorneys get little buzzers that go off when their client dies.

RBBM by “lawyering up immediately” I meant the first time LE came to speak with them. Now that you mention that tho…to your point, that time frame you mention would be the first time we knew they had an attorney. As far as we know that attorney could have been retained immediately when he got home, or the lawyer may stay on retainer for them for all we know. What we do know is that they had retained an attorney by the time LE came knocking - we just don’t know when. Hmmm. Interesting….

We only know for sure that they had an attorney on Sept 11

Since you asked ... the chopper news footage cut out swiftly right before she can be seen.

But the black tarp is covering her , and part of a red shirt can be seen in the second time stamp.

It was inconclusive to me but that's fine --it's bad enough the poi who may have ended her life didn't show the decency and respect to bury her !

Sorry about the graininess of the video, but the news crew were taking a brief flyover and it has been edited, thankfully.
It's enough to show the utter disregard.
I think the prosecutor will have a strong case !

Post # 628 in thread # 63.
Second video at the 0:07 , and the 1:06 -1:09 timestamps.

Gabby Petito → EXCLUSIVE: News Chopper Footage From When Gabby Was 1st Found→KSL5 TV Salt Lake City - YouTube

She wasn't covered her very well, but left in the elements. :(

Someone said the black blanket may be the tarp that was on top of the van folded up in the drone video ?
I'm not sure so will have to go and check.
Hth.
Imo.

No. That is not her. She is not shown anywhere in this footage.

Have I missed anything interesting or important today?
You can PM me if you don't want to make unneeded posts

Wouldn't there be records of his proof of vaccination or Covid test and a passenger list?

I must say catching a ferry to the Bahamas would be a simple solution if B could get away with it and his parents had given him enough cash to live on.
Yes, but to live there how long? Would it be easy for him to get a job (oh my goodness -- work??!!) somewhere in the Bahamas?
How long do his parents plan to support him -- if they are supporting him?

Uh, yeah. It’s possible. We don’t know exactly how this played out and will never find out. Usually in such cases though, the couple gets into an argument that escalated into a fight that gets physical. The Moab incident made it rather clear that they were not getting along all that well; BL said as much. Things got physical then and there.

When that happens, it’s time for the physically stronger person to get out of there. But that’s not what happened here. He got mad enough to grab her around the throat and not let go until he killed her.

Yes I realise that is the assumption that most people have made due to the Moab incident. But it is possible that BL could have been so angry with GP that he waited (like the coward he has been called) and could not sleep himself, so he waited for her to go to sleep first and then strangled her to avoid her retaliations.

Yes & they could have retained attorney on Aug 28, 29 or 30 if BL phoned them from Spread Creek or en route home. I’d love to know what date & hour they first contacted their attorney. Perhaps SB wasn’t even the first attorney they contacted. We just don’t know.

Yes I realise that is the assumption that most people have made due to the Moab incident. But it is possible that BL could have been so angry with GP that he waited (like the coward he has been called) and could not sleep himself, so he waited for her to go to sleep first and then strangled her to avoid her retaliations.

Yes, it’s possible. I do not know if autopsy can show if she was engaged in an all out altercation before dying or lying there, asleep when suddenly strangled. Just going by likelihood’s

I believe it was on the third day that they reported him missing. Likely agonized, and the word is that they went out there a searched for him. It was understandably difficult for them to report to LE, given that they wouldn’t give them a pinch when they came with Missing Gabby questions, that their son was now missing and requesting help in finding him. It was not unusual for BL to go on these wilderness walkabouts. He was not accused of anything at that time, Gabbys body was not yet found, so we really don’t know what the Laundries knew or didn’t. We can spin the theories but no way to prove or disprove.

Good question about the lawyer. Lawyers are not allowed to lie to clients, courts or third parties according to the tenets of the American Bar Association. “But once you get beyond deliberate false statements, the scope of the obligations to truth and integrity become less clear.” acc to ABA.

A lot of what this attorney is doing is reporting info he got from client. He has no frigging idea what’s happening as he is in NY and the Laundries are in FL . Lawyers do have a lot of privilege in terms of not revealing info unless direct harm can come to someone. They are not allowed to assist fugitive clients either, in terms of escaping the law. MOO, this attorney does not know where BL is or even if he is alive. Nor do BL’s parents. Imo the family , including BL are not that complicated or sophisticated.

Their word that they searched, although no documentation has been forthcoming from anyone searching any media photos of CL’s truck and its movements. So, no, you may believe they searched for him, but I do not, and no one has been able to find any evidence to support that claim although they have tried.
Asserting that the Laundries agonized in any way is really putting your personal spin on things, as well as continuing to promote them as unsophisticated. I personally have no way to know these things, so I do not speculate. I only speculate on the results we have seen which is that by the time the Laundries finally got around to telling SB that he was gone, and then being shamed into fessing up it was even earlier, BL had had plenty of time to get to someplace, any place, that he could not be found when the warrant for his arrest was issued. Interestingly enough such a coincidence that he actually left beforehand, and yet, SB was not alerted until several days later. So many interesting coincidences in BL’s escape..

Last edited:
Why would he have had scratches on his face necessarily? He could have kept his face safely away and still strangled her!
Of course. I was just kinda thinking out loud that with his parents going to what I, personally think, are extreme lengths to shield him from any LE - immediately throwing out an attorney’s phone number when initially approached by LE, LE not being able to lay eyes on BL, then waiting so many days to report him missing, etc. Then the COD being strangulation - which isn’t instantaneous…IMO Gabby would have had time to fight back unless he strangled her while sleeping. You’re 100% right & I agree, that it doesn’t necessarily mean he absolutely 100% had to have any “injuries” - he could have strangled her & walked away not a scratch on him. I was just saying the more that keeps coming out, the more I believe maybe he did & the parents didn’t want LE to see it. Like I said JMO & I do agree with your statement. :)

Yes & they could have retained attorney on Aug 28, 29 or 30 if BL phoned them from Spread Creek or en route home. I’d love to know what date & hour they first contacted their attorney. Perhaps SB wasn’t even the first attorney they contacted. We just don’t know.

IIRC when Brian was still home and the Petito's were getting frantic....didn't LE show up to the house to ask where Gabby was or what he knew and the parents wouldn't let them talk to Brian?

Yes! Agree! That’s one of my big questions. When did they retain that attorney…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81