Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly disagree with much of your opinions. The fact the Laundries waited 4, oh no wait - it was 5 after second thought - days to report that BL had gone hiking and had not returned clearly and definitively proves to me that they were not at all concerned about his state of mind or his well being, and only concerned with allowing him enough time to get away safely before alerting anyone he was gone.
But what I really want to respond to in your reply, is that I have not suggested any “shenanigans” on the part of the family in my original post. I simply asked about a different way the lawyer could invoke privilege to his and his clients benefit.
There was also the matter of the date of the return of the Mustang. Remember that? Luckily Brian Entin had film footage of the correct information.

IIRC when Brian was still home and the Petito's were getting frantic....didn't LE show up to the house to ask where Gabby was or what he knew and the parents wouldn't let them talk to Brian?

Correct. Something like that. BL did not want to talk to LE and refused to do so. He was not required under the law to do so. His parents were not required to let LE into their house, and under no legal obligation to force him to meet the officers. They had an attorney by then and were doing as he instructed.

BBM
Yes, but to live there how long? Would it be easy for him to get a job (oh my goodness -- work??!!) somewhere in the Bahamas?
How long do his parents plan to support him -- if they are supporting him?
This is the golden question (besides, of course, WHERE IS HE). They must have really decided to go all in because their actions are extreme- pretty hard to back down from the path they’ve chosen. Maybe they view it as his early inheritance. I’ve wondered if they’ll try to declare him dead in 5 years- if (hope not) he is still at large.

I think BL is most likely still alive.
Just my opinion.
I want him found alive so he can answer for whatever he's done to Gabby.
Why is what I want to know.
But the fact is he needs to answer to her family most.
Where is he?
Chi

I’m pretty sure August 31 is significant in the cellphone timeline. This is the same day his mom cancelled camping trips for 2 people, the same day that Gabby’s phone may have been turned off (it could’ve been September 1, but I’m inclined to believe it was this day, it said the phone was turned off for 15 days all the way to the date of the warrant which is September 15), the last 4 songs added to their Spotify playlist, and Brian liked a PETA post on Instagram at 9:19PM EST.

So it’s very odd that he bought a new phone on September 4. What happened to his old phone and how did he convince his parents to buy him a new one? Because the FBI said they don’t have his phone from their trip.

I'm going to check this out. I'm almost positive we don't have this option in Alabama, or they're just not telling us about it.
I believe you might be correct. I have not heard of this in Alabama.

No. That is not her. She is not shown anywhere in this footage.

There is partial footage but it's distressing so that's the reason for the timestamps from thread #63 video link.
True crime is rarely pleasant to learn about, but at the end of the day we all want justice for Gabby.
Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Imo.

Yes, but to live there how long? Would it be easy for him to get a job (oh my goodness -- work??!!) somewhere in the Bahamas?
Exactly ... follow the money would be a good place to start.
For obvious reason he won't be able to find work.
Imo.

There was also the matter of the date of the return of the Mustang. Remember that? Luckily Brian Entin had film footage of the correct information.
I'm not sure how much faith I'd put into what they say as being anything close to accurate or truthful.
For all we know, they could have sent BL somewhere else or known he went somewhere else and told LE that he went to the preserve. Why believe that ChL went to search on his own.
MOO

I believe it was on the third day that they reported him missing. Likely agonized, and the word is that they went out there a searched for him. It was understandably difficult for them to report to LE, given that they wouldn’t give them a pinch when they came with Missing Gabby questions, that their son was now missing and requesting help in finding him. It was not unusual for BL to go on these wilderness walkabouts. He was not accused of anything at that time, Gabbys body was not yet found, so we really don’t know what the Laundries knew or didn’t. We can spin the theories but no way to prove or disprove.

Good question about the lawyer. Lawyers are not allowed to lie to clients, courts or third parties according to the tenets of the American Bar Association. “But once you get beyond deliberate false statements, the scope of the obligations to truth and integrity become less clear.” acc to ABA.

A lot of what this attorney is doing is reporting info he got from client. He has no frigging idea what’s happening as he is in NY and the Laundries are in FL . Lawyers do have a lot of privilege in terms of not revealing info unless direct harm can come to someone. They are not allowed to assist fugitive clients either, in terms of escaping the law. MOO, this attorney does not know where BL is or even if he is alive. Nor do BL’s parents. Imo the family , including BL are not that complicated or sophisticated.
They made a report on Friday that he had gone to the reserve on Tuesday. I'd call that 4 days.
Then, ast week they changed the day to Monday as his departure day. Monday to Friday is not three days either.

"I'm curious to see just how many of you think BL is still alive. To see how split this group is on dead/alive"

Dead at this point.
Idk I think he might still be alive. I swap back & forth on it so I’m torn. The only thing I can figure is if he was dead, they would have found him or at least traces of him (clothes, belongings, etc. whatever he took with him in that backpack) by now right? Dead ppl don’t move. Or it’s possible there just aren’t any traces of him. Does anyone know if the US Marshalls are also involved? I would think so, but just haven’t heard a lot about that.

ETA: fixed typo

It appears that some criminals have been able to get employment while on the run at hostels or in hospitality or even on a fishing trawler. His parents could have given him a stash of cash before he departed. They also overstay their allowed time in a country or their visa and/or find a female to live with who supports them.

"I'm curious to see just how many of you think BL is still alive. To see how split this group is on dead/alive"

Dead at this point.

Ha ha. I’m split on dead/alive about BL’s status.
I thought he was alive when FBI asked his father to look for him and allowed him lone access in the Carlton Reserve for several hours. I got the feeling that they asked him to that because during LE searches in there, they were finding signs of someone alive in there that they could not flush out. Makes less sense to let the father in the search area, if they thought BL was dead in there

Since you asked ... the chopper news footage cut out swiftly right before she can be seen.

But the black tarp is covering her , and part of a red shirt can be seen in the second time stamp.

It was inconclusive to me but that's fine --it's bad enough the poi who may have ended her life didn't show the decency and respect to bury her !

Sorry about the graininess of the video, but the news crew were taking a brief flyover and it has been edited, thankfully.
It's enough to show the utter disregard.
I think the prosecutor will have a strong case !

Post # 628 in thread # 63.
Second video at the 0:07 , and the 1:06 -1:09 timestamps.

Gabby Petito → EXCLUSIVE: News Chopper Footage From When Gabby Was 1st Found→KSL5 TV Salt Lake City - YouTube

She wasn't covered her very well, but left in the elements. :(

Someone said the black blanket may be the tarp that was on top of the van folded up in the drone video ?
I'm not sure so will have to go and check.
Hth.
Imo.

I don't see a red shirt, but, I do see blonde hair and it looks like she was on her side in a fetal position.

Idk I think he might still be alive. I swap back & forth on it so I’m torn. The only thing I can figure is if he was dead, they would have found him or at least traces of him (clothes, belongings, etc. whatever he took with him in that backpack) right? Dead ppl don’t move. Or it’s possible there just aren’t any traces of him. Does anyone know if the US Marshalls are also involved? I would think so, but just haven’t heard a lot about that.
I don’t think US Marshalls are involved yet because John Walsh said that was the next step he hopes happens soon. That was on tonights ID Special.

I’m pretty sure August 31 is significant in the cellphone timeline. This is the same day his mom cancelled camping trips for 2 people, the same day that Gabby’s phone may have been turned off (it could’ve been September 1, but I’m inclined to believe it was this day, it said the phone was turned off for 15 days all the way to the date of the warrant which is September 15), the last 4 songs added to their Spotify playlist, and Brian liked a PETA post on Instagram at 9:19PM EST.

So it’s very odd that he bought a new phone on September 4. What happened to his old phone and how did he convince his parents to buy him a new one? Because the FBI said they don’t have his phone from their trip.
IMO BL or somebody could have dumped his phone and Gabby's phone anywhere, trash can, river, swamp etc.
Most likely will never be found, makes me wonder about location of her laptop, ipad and drone

Yes! Agree! That’s one of my big questions. When did they retain that attorney…

Didn't they say GP's dad texted Bl's family and said he was going to call the police? and police were called?

If BL knew GP's dad wasn't going away any time soon, to get him to go away, and LE to go away, BL would need an attorney and/or a restraining order.

So BL probably pinged the lawyer for a TRO and representation around that time?

idk, just guessing.

(edited for clarification)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics