Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they say GP's dad went to BL's house? and 911 was called?

If BL knew GP's dad wasn't going away any time soon, to get him to go away, BL would need a restraining order.

So BL probably pinged the lawyer for a TRO around that time?

idk, just guessing.
I've heard both ?

Gabby's family had to have been frantic with worry.
The silence from the Laundrie household was ominous --even though at that time Gabby was just 'missing'.
MOO.

I don’t think US Marshalls are involved yet because John Walsh said that was the next step he hopes happens soon. That was on tonights ID Special.
My goodness what are they waiting on? I would have thought they would have certainly had them involved. Like if you’ve got a federal fugitive on your hands, I feel like those ppl would be the first phone call! That’s kinda their thing lol.

I cannot imagine being a low level general practice lawyer wanting to be the leading representative for a set of clients facing down the FBI for a federal criminal warrant, and another potentially soon to come federal warrant for 1st degree murder. Add to that, his set of clients have very different liabilities which may end up in conflict. This is such a clusterF I can only SMH and wonder why this continues.
How is he even representing BL when he cannot say whether he is alive or dead? Who is instructing him? What documentation does he have that enables him to do this?
You know, I'd imagined he had something up his sleeve, like a high powered criminal lawyer for his clients on tap. I'd imagined they had retained him and been introduced and signed all necessary papers on the day they visited Orlando. That's a castle made of sand.

I believe it was on the third day that they reported him missing. Likely agonized, and the word is that they went out there a searched for him. It was understandably difficult for them to report to LE, given that they wouldn’t give them a pinch when they came with Missing Gabby questions, that their son was now missing and requesting help in finding him. It was not unusual for BL to go on these wilderness walkabouts. He was not accused of anything at that time, Gabbys body was not yet found, so we really don’t know what the Laundries knew or didn’t. We can spin the theories but no way to prove or disprove.

Good question about the lawyer. Lawyers are not allowed to lie to clients, courts or third parties according to the tenets of the American Bar Association. “But once you get beyond deliberate false statements, the scope of the obligations to truth and integrity become less clear.” acc to ABA.

A lot of what this attorney is doing is reporting info he got from client. He has no frigging idea what’s happening as he is in NY and the Laundries are in FL . Lawyers do have a lot of privilege in terms of not revealing info unless direct harm can come to someone. They are not allowed to assist fugitive clients either, in terms of escaping the law. MOO, this attorney does not know where BL is or even if he is alive. Nor do BL’s parents. Imo the family , including BL are not that complicated or sophisticated.
The problem is he is trying to represent essentially 2 clients with different interests equally and it isn't working out so well. Here's the best example I can give, I'm sitting in the couch with my wonderful blanket that's the perfect size for me (this isn't a hypothetical either), but Child 1 decides she wants to sit beside me and cover up too. Well, I can make it work for two people. No big deal. Then Child 2 decides he needs to sit on the other side and share said blanket. Child 2 gets covered up, but now we've got an issue because Child 1's feet are uncovered. So we pull and turn and tug and get Child 1 covered up only to find that Child 2's elbow is out (kids). So we try again, but it doesn't matter how many times we adjust this blanket, it isn't going to work. So what do I say? Go get your own!

Same thing with the lawyer. No matter how he phrases his statements, he's only partially covering one of his clients. If he was really doing what was in the best interest of his clients, he would say, go get your own lawyer so you can be fully covered. It's not personal, but I can't adequately represent you. The fact that he's not gives me great concern about where his ethical needle points and makes me doubt how cooperative he really is.

If you look back, a lot of things that he has said the FBI knows, they have literally found out the day he confirms it to the media. I've said it before, I'll say it again: They're not volunteering information, but if confronted with it, they're not withholding it. It's just up to the FBI to find the info first.

Eta: Ironically, I have 3 kids and I realized after the fact that I could have extended my analogy even further to include CaL.

Child 3 comes in and wants to share said blanket and there's just absolutely positively no way that works. So they're just kind of left to fend for themselves... just like CaL. SB can't defend her because he's stretched too thin, therefore she is left in the dark.

Not my Child 3, though, we have plenty of blankets in this house, and I bought a few XXL ones. Eeeeeevvvvverybody is covered.

Last edited:
I've heard both ?

Gabby's family had to have been frantic with worry.
The silence from the Laundrie household was ominous --even though at that time Gabby was just 'missing'.
MOO.

They just lack any integrity, compassion, refusal to cooperate, the list goes on and on. I don't blame GP's dad one bit. His kid's van is at the house and BL was there and GP wasn't and wasn't heard from for over a week. I wouldn't have been one bit surprised if he busted through their door at full running speed or kicked it right down. He saw the signs, he's not stupid. JMO

I think he's alive and comfortable. The parents don't seem worried. The attorney's words also give me the feeling he's very much alive.
SB did use the word “when” in a statement saying “…when BL is found…” I think he def knows way more than he claims about BL’s location. Speaking of which…
I’ve heard a bunch of attorneys say that if SB knows where BL is, he is not required to tell LE. However, if SB is asked by LE where BL is & SB does in fact know that info, SB cannot lie to the police. Is there some truth to that? If so, surely LE would have straight up asked. Surely…

ETA: fixed typo.

Wondering why the change in days ?
A simple error, but in this case nothing was quite normal as the young lady who had lived with them was missing.
So everything was not right in the household; as in a significant change in their routine.
When something unfortunate happens, people tend to remember the day's events and some following days with more intensity.
MOO.
Well it seems they didn't remember this particular day until the FBI remembered it first. They sorta had- ta 'fess up IMO.
They met LE in their home, summoned them, if you like, to report B missing initially accompanied by their lawyer on speakerphone. They refused to discuss Gabby on that occasion. Tuesday to Friday. Is not Monday to Friday so they lied.

Nah. He can't claim that having driven the van back to florida. Remember the van was videoed near the murder scene. IMO i'm really beginning to lean towards he killed her elsewhere and brought her there. Some of what we already now know is that there were No signs of struggle at the scene, a pair of boots left at the scene, and it was more of a quick dump and scoot vs. sitting there going WTF did I just do?
Perhaps he was dumping her and Alas he hears that car drive by that caught him on video (remember the couple left because they said it was desolate out there....no one was out there camping in that particular part). He panics and splits. Perhaps he forgot to put her shoes on her. They havent stated who's boots, but i can only assume hers unless he left his wanting to get caught.

Even a small frail person can leave some marks and take skin.
Can you give me more info on couple
Nah. He can't claim that having driven the van back to florida. Remember the van was videoed near the murder scene. IMO i'm really beginning to lean towards he killed her elsewhere and brought her there. Some of what we already now know is that there were No signs of struggle at the scene, a pair of boots left at the scene, and it was more of a quick dump and scoot vs. sitting there going WTF did I just do?
Perhaps he was dumping her and Alas he hears that car drive by that caught him on video (remember the couple left because they said it was desolate out there....no one was out there camping in that particular part). He panics and splits. Perhaps he forgot to put her shoes on her. They havent stated who's boots, but i can only assume hers unless he left his wanting to get caught.

Even a small frail person can leave some marks and take skin.
Can you point me in the direction of the couple catching BL on video, pls? Is this different from the video of the van?

I don't see a red shirt, but, I do see blonde hair and it looks like she was on her side in a fetal position.

I see what you’re thinking but I’ve seen that all along and thought that was a gear bag of sorts.

This is the first time I’ve heard her described in the video as being covered by the black tarp/blanket. (But I’ve had to scan fast and skip pages a few times, when I’m chasing kids and the threads are moving fast.)

I know there are posters who have the footage or a screen shot they have DM’d to people. <modsnip> I’m not positive I want to see it but my curiosity is ridiculously high at the moment. I would like to think BL covered her…

Also, MOO is he’s alive and running. If he were so distraught over what he’d done, he would have ended himself sooner—not run again. Not that he won’t. I could see his capture being tricky, especially if he’s armed and cornered. But I think he’s alive and very much too much of a coward to just quietly end it.

(Edited for typos)

Last edited by a moderator:
They just lack any integrity, compassion, refusal to cooperate, the list goes on and on. I don't blame GP's dad one bit. His kid's van is at the house and BL was there and GP wasn't and wasn't heard from for over a week. I wouldn't have been one bit surprised if he busted through their door at full running speed or kicked it right down. He saw the signs, he's not stupid. JMO
I'm a bit surprised that JP held himself back from going over there and kicking in the door. What's a B&E charge when your daughter is missing and nobody is talking.

SB did use the word “when” in a statement saying “…when BL is found…” I think he def knows way more than he claims about BL’s location. Speaking of which…
I’ve heard a bunch of attorneys say that if SB knows where BL is, he is not required to tell LE. However, if SB is asked by LE where BL is & SB does in fact know that info, SB cannot lie to the police. Is there some truth to that? If so, surely LE would have straight up asked. Surely…

ETA: fixed typo.
Yes I posted a video about this earlier. Would you like me to send you the link privately as to not clog up the thread?

I see what you’re thinking but I’ve seen that all along and thought that was a gear bag of sorts.

This is the first time I’ve heard her described in the video as being covered by the black tarp/blanket. (But I’ve had to scan fast and skip pages a few times, when I’m chasing kids and the threads are moving fast.)

I know there are posters who have the footage or a screen shot they have DM’d to people. Can someone send it to me? I’m not positive I want to see it but my curiosity is ridiculously high at the moment. I would like to think BL covered her…

Also, MOO is he’s alive and running. If he were so distraught over what he’d done, he would have ended himself sooner—not run again. Not that he won’t. I could see his capture being tricky, especially if he’s armed and cornered. But I think he’s alive and very much too much of a coward to just quietly end it.

(Edited for typos)

I asked a while back if they alway put the tent over the body. I think they do. Which led me to conclude that anything not under the tent was gear.

Federal case. US attorneys will be involved. If she was murdered in Utah it will be state was she moved? From Utah to WY. Innocent til proven guilty. Feds are charging on bank fraud. Can’t get into the head of CL wanting to go to swamp. WHY? That’s what people are looking at. Attention and focus for all missing . People magazine liked Gabbys dad saying looking for all missing people. Alert news need to cover every race. ID special report

And age, class, sex, etc.

Can you give me more info on couple

Can you point me in the direction of the couple catching BL on video, pls? Is this different from the video of the van?
edited it for intended message. i meant to say the van on video, not him, though i'm nearly convinced he was there and dumping her that very moment. Just doesnt sound like she passed there.

I'm a bit surprised that JP held himself back from going over there and kicking in the door. What's a B&E charge when your daughter is missing and nobody is talking.

I am too! And exactly, I wouldn't care what my charge was, where the heck is my kid? I applaud him for having restraint. I can't say the same for myself ;) It's such a shame they couldn't even face him and had to call the police. I would've been seeing red.

Strangulation victims often have skin under their nails. There's really no great innocent explanation if they did find skin under her nails. And epidermis can last for a long time, as do nails. My hope is that they were able to get some skin and that they will be able to run DNA on that.

OMG, I am slow. After I typed that, I just realized something: Maybe the scratches he had at the scene during the Moab stop were from an actual strangulation that was not seen in public, and he lied about the source of the scratches. His explanation that she somehow scratched him when she hit him with her phone has never made any sense to me.

Hmmm. Follow up question…
Would the fact that she had scratched him 2 weeks prior to death, mean that any DNA found under her nails once they did the autopsy, be void?
Horrible sentence structure…sorry. I’m tired :oops:

I am interested in a particular issue that BL spoke about in the body cam footage released by the Moab PD. While Brian was being questioned by an officer (19:19 and 20:15 minute mark) he spoke about Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms and his goal (at the time) of going to Washington, Oregon etc to take part in WWOOF'ing.

I am curious to know if anyone has come across any MSM of BL having work experience with these Organic Farms in the past?
They're called WOOFERS. You can google search them and find any information you need.

I asked a while back if they alway put the tent over the body. I think they do. Which led me to conclude that anything not under the tent was gear.

I would think though that putting the tent up over the victim would contaminate the crime scene. Since it takes multiple people and they kind of walked it open. But they certainly could have opened the tent then walked it over to where it needed to be. I didn’t feel like they did that, but I could be wrong. Maybe I watch too much CSI.

I don't 'hate on' the Laundries but I'm pretty annoyed with their nonsense, particularly
-not helping with Gabby's disappearance when her frantic parents had tried to contact them, why the hell not?
-misrepresenting the date of the Mustang's return until it became impossible to continue because evidence was produced that showed they'd been lying/mistaken about all of that.
- the most egregious act though is to be the instigators of a massive search of the reserve, a search that received worldwide media attention, to watch it unfold on every TV channel and to remain silent for several weeks in the full knowledge that the search had been conducted on incorrect information.
And then to casually 'drop' the information as if it meant nothing at all is a mega sized attempted gaslight of very many people.

The wee text dropped by the wee lawyer while the presser about Gabby's cause of death was unfolding is shocking and insulting. What does he think he is doing? Competing? For what? A Circus?

I wonder if SB's changing story could be a direct result of a call from the FBI saying "Could you please ask your clients if they could be mistaken, because we now have (CCTV) evidence of the Mustang going to the reserve on the 13th, not the 14th."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member