UK UK - Saima Ahmed, 36, Edinburgh-Scotland, 30 Aug 2015

Craggus

Reaction score
Gogar Mount House grounds body identity confirmed

Saima Ahmed: Golf course death mystery 'doesn't make sense'

A thread had initially been made on this case back in 2015 when she went missing. She was found 4 months later. The first thread outlines the known case and a timeline and the second thread highlights a visit to Edinburgh from her brother appealing for information to help explain the mystery.

In short, Saima left her home in Wembley, London, visited an ATM and then boarded a train heading north. 4 months later her body was found on Gogarburn Golf Course in Edinburgh. Police have tried to plug gaps in her movements, have so far found no reason for her journey north and no idea as to whether she met anyone or what her movements were on arriving in Edinburgh.

Do you think she may have gone there thinking she was going to meet relatives or family friends, but it was some sort of an honour killing?
They are a thing among that community and I always think it has to be brought into the equation when a young Muslim woman goes missing.
MOO.

Do you think she may have gone there thinking she was going to meet relatives or family friends, but it was some sort of an honour killing?
They are a thing among that community and I always think it has to be brought into the equation when a young Muslim woman goes missing.
MOO.
Possibly but no known family or friends in Edinburgh. The indirect route is strange too when direct trains are available. Ticketing can be complex so may have split tickets to save money but less likely. Also no overnight bag. She would have arrived in the city around 10pm.

I do remember taking a train from Euston to Edinburgh myself a few years ago. A direct, quick, linited-stop train that took just under 4 hours was £90, and the slower one that took nearly 6 hours and called into lots of stations was about £26.
A huge saving. Taking the indirect route could only have been about saving the money.

What was the situation regarding her mobile phone records, like Google Search or text message search data? Was that ever performed by police?

Last edited:
I do remember taking a train from Euston to Edinburgh myself a few years ago. A direct, quick, linited-stop train that took just under 4 hours was £90, and the slower one that took nearly 6 hours and called into lots of stations was about £26.
A huge saving. Taking the indirect route could only have been about saving the money.

What was the situation regarding her mobile phone records, like Google Search or text message search data? Was that ever performed by police?

It may well have been to save costs - it seems unclear as to whether she went to hemel hempstead and then northampton and then birmingham or northampton and back to hemel hempstead and then birmingham which would be doubling back a fair bit- will have to get some clarity on that. If she had taken money from the ATM it may well be as you say to save money.

I haven't seen any public info around the amount withdrawn from ATM or mobile records etc.

There had been some speculation that to get to where she ended up someone would have to have helped her get there but whilst still odd, its relatively easy for somebody to hop on a tram, paying in cash, and getting off in Gogarburn and walking to the golf course. It would still beg the question why but its feasible.

Incidentally, if she was on a tram there would be two further stops after Gogarburn- the next stop would be Ingliston Park and Ride where commuters to Edinburgh often park and train/tram it to the city centre and the final stop after that is Edinburgh Airport. The previous stop to Gogarburn is now Edinburgh Gateway which connects with train services but this was opened until the year after her disappearance.

Incidentally, if she was on a tram there would be two further stops after Gogarburn- the next stop would be Ingliston Park and Ride where commuters to Edinburgh often park and train/tram it to the city centre and the final stop after that is Edinburgh Airport. The previous stop to Gogarburn is now Edinburgh Gateway which connects with train services but this was opened until the year after her disappearance.
Would the train have stopped at Milton Keynes where Leah Croucher is missing from. I was just wondering if someone could have boarded the train from there and met up with Saima Ahmed.
What was the coroners report ruling on Saima's death and any inquest findings.

Gogar Mount House grounds body identity confirmed

Saima Ahmed: Golf course death mystery 'doesn't make sense'

A thread had initially been made on this case back in 2015 when she went missing. She was found 4 months later. The first thread outlines the known case and a timeline and the second thread highlights a visit to Edinburgh from her brother appealing for information to help explain the mystery.

In short, Saima left her home in Wembley, London, visited an ATM and then boarded a train heading north. 4 months later her body was found on Gogarburn Golf Course in Edinburgh. Police have tried to plug gaps in her movements, have so far found no reason for her journey north and no idea as to whether she met anyone or what her movements were on arriving in Edinburgh.
Craggus, do you have a link to the first thread please.

did the police launch a murder enquiry? could be suicide
The coroners report was inconclusive apparently.
It sounds from newspaper reports that different parts of her body were found in places on the golf course so they became separated. Could be that animals sadly moved her remains so they got scattered though.

Identified! - UK - Edinburgh, Fem Skeletal, on Gogar Mount estate, Sep'15 - Saima Ahmed

It is understood the skull was found within the grounds of 23-acre Gogar Mount House by a caretaker who alerted the police.

Other human remains were found a few metres away within the grounds of Gogarburn Golf Club.

• Both the missing persons Leah Croucher and Saima Ahmed were living at home with parents at the time of missing.
  • In both cases it appears from newspaper articles that both women were open to new relationships with men.
  • The train to Scotland was via Hemel Hempstead and Birmingham so could have passed through Milton Keynes and an unknown person may have met Saima from that location on a train.

Are we allowed to mention podcasts on here with links as I am listening to Murder she spoke podcast Episode 12: Saima Ahmed and wondered if this is allowed discussion.

Are we allowed to mention podcasts on here with links as I am listening to Murder she spoke podcast Episode 12: Saima Ahmed and wondered if this is allowed discussion.

Best bet would be to message a moderator and ask if it is an approved podcast.

I wouldn’t write that off as no crime taking place. False reports of rape are rare, and getting away with rape is extremely common. I think it’s statistically far more likely that she just wasn’t believed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back