Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a father, This is a scenario that I can not believe. Maybe he never knocked on their door but there is no way that after driving across the state that I wouldn't at least drive by the house to see what I can see. So he could be telling a factual truth while also not telling the whole truth.

The only way I can see this not happening is if he and the Laundries already had a rocky relationship and didn't want to stir things up ahead of the cops. But that would mean he would already have had a reason to suspect there was something to be concerned about other than someone not returning phone calls. That would be much easily be accomplished by just knocking on the door instead of going to the police
JP didn't drive across the state. He called the North Port police.

Rick Stafford, the Petito family’s attorney, said that the records shouldn’t be read to indicate some kind of exchange between Laundrie and Joseph Petito that day.“From what I understand, on September 10 is when Joe Petito called the North Port, [Florida] police department to report his daughter missing,” Mr Stafford told The Independent. “That whole day he was in Vero Beach, which was on the other side of the state. ““He’s never even been to Brian Laundrie’s house, and he’s never been on the block,” Mr Stafford added. “If there is a report, when that report comes out, it’s going to be the missing persons report that was taken over the phone from Joe to the North Port police department.”
Gabby Petito: Family’s lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home before missing report

Dog's probably right because CL stated that the FBI told her not to talk about some aspects.

But thinking she's going to blurt them out to him is just silly, in my opinion.
Maybe silly. Otoh, she caved to the protestors. And he’s inspired quite a few folks to talk & made many captures over the years. Lots of vitriol on the Dog & John Walsh lately. Seeking publicity, yada yada. I don’t get it. Capture is what they do, and publicity is what it will take to find BL & bring him in. Personally, I don’t give a hoot who gets the job done as long as this murderer is yarded away from his freedom & housed in his concrete cell. Imo

No. JP never went to the Laundrie home. On Sept 10th there were two calls to the Laundrie home in connection with JP. The media immediately spun a story that JP had gone to the Laundrie home. The North Port police corrected the record, but for some reason once the story was put out there, it took off and it's been rehashed over an over here.
The long and the short is that all North Port LE would say was that they did a public service call, but that JP never at any time went anywhere near or on the Laundrie property. Never. Ever. At any time.
What the service call was and why JP was involved is speculation at this point. Some of us are of the opinion that because the Laundries weren't responding to calls and texts from Gabby's parents, JP may have asked that the North Port police do a wellness check on the Laundrie home.
For this comment, I'm limiting my interest to exclusively whether, or not, Mr. Petito had *ever* been to the subject Laundrie house. Hmmmm. Interesting. That's how I took the 'never been there' comment, too. Interesting/insightful behavior, indeed.

If B is still alive and hiding out somewhere some one needs to be helping him. There is no way he is living off the land for this long. My question would be, who else could be helping him? A grandparent, godparent, an aunt or uncle, or a cousin? Sounds like he really didn't have many or any friends, so it would have to be family of some type. Not asking anyone to start investigating his extended family, I would think LE has already been investigating this. Other then extended family, maybe a close friend of B's parents. Just don't know why anyone would be helping him now knowing what he did. Maybe in the beginning since they didn't know what B did and now they feel they are in too deep and have to keep up with it. IDK, All MOO.

Got it... so he had, in fact, been to the now-infamous Laundrie house on prior occasion(s), correct?
Gabby Petito's dad linked to incident at Laundrie home evening before she was reported missing
Eta:incident report

• Fox New Digital has obtained files that detail the police calls placed to the home of Brian Laundrie and his parents between September 10 and September 27. (Obtained by Fox News Digital)
There were at least two calls placed on Sept. 10, one just before 4 p.m. and one just before 6:30 p.m. Fox News Digital previously reported that the later incident that Petito's father was linked to the later incident on Sept. 10.

And three more were calls placed on Sept. 11, the day Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, filed a missing persons’ report with the Suffolk County Police Department in New York. Police returned on Sept. 14, 15 and 16 and twice on Sept. 17, records show.

The records do not go into detail about who placed the calls and all summaries have been redacted – only providing brief descriptions, such as "Problem Settled," "No Police Action Needed" or "Report Submitted."

The most recent records provided by police were from about 5:10 p.m. on Monday, with calls earlier in the day at 8:06 a.m., 8:28 a.m., 1:29 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 4:13 p.m., records show. Apparent reasons for the 46 calls include "Disturbance," "Follow Up/Investigation," "Patrol Check" and "Public Service."

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1448462301900726279

“The attorney has repeatedly said he is representing the family and he is representing Brian Laundrie. You would not represent someone who is not alive.” - Former FBI Agent Jennifer Coffindaffer still thinks Brian Laundrie is alive.

Brian Entin @BrianEntin · 11h

Our full report tonight.

Coroner Dr. Brent Blue's interview. He told me: “There are indications that Gabby was in a domestic relationship which could play a part in this case.”

Also state attorney @aronberg and former FBI agent @CoffindafferFBI break down the day's developments.

Video

I, also, am curious about GP's texts and calls to her mom during and after the Moab police incident. I keep wondering what she told her mom in the call from the police car, and what her mom said to her. It would be interesting to know if GP told her the truth about what all had been occurring in regard to partner abuse and DV, or if she even minimized it and covered for BL during a tearful call to her mom. I wonder what her mother said to her, if GP was forthcoming with accurate information about how toxic and violent the relationship had become. Furthermore, I wonder about all those calls and texts from Grandfather "Stan" that were "missed," per the text sent on 8/27 to NS. Did NS share information about GP's and BL's distressing situation with Stan? Maybe Stan was calling to ask if he could help GP, such as fly out and drive her back to New York? I just keep thinking that if GP truthfully divulged all the details to at least one close family member that someone would have done more than order her a pizza. I am NOT victim-blaming GP or any of her family members! So much information is still unknown! I'm simply speculating about all of the information that has not yet come out, and when it does, how it can potentially be used to educate everybody--police officers, current and potential DV victims, current and potential DV perpetrators, and the family and friends of victims and perpetrators. In other words, all of us! What strikes me about this case is the number of people who either knew, must have known, witnessed, or must have witnessed the various forms of manipulation, abuse, violence, dysfunction and toxicity between GP and BL on numerous occasions, yet nothing or no one was successful in preventing GP's murder. So many lessons to be learned from this high-profile, well-documented case. I really hope that it will be used to educate all of us so that fewer people will suffer GP's fate. All speculation; all MOO.

Now you have me thinking about the Stan call. Maybe Gabby did reach out to her grand and it was Stan that was trying to reach Gabby. But, Brian deleted the calls and turned it into something else. Sending message from Gabby's phone to her mom...make the calls stop?

I don't know, as this is grizzly bear country. I personally wouldn't even sleep in my tent there. And then it was quite cold, not sure if they sat outside that much (knowing bears could come as well). MOO of course.

I think he either killer her while she was sleeping (in the tent or van) or completely somewhere else.
When I was 22, I hiked around and camped all the time in bear country, alone, no bear spray, no nothing. I think their inexperienced young age played a role in a lot of what GP and BL did. But either way, I thought I had heard that they usually set up a camp, and in the few glimpses we get from the packed back of the van, I'm not convinced they could have slept in there, anyway. Jmo.

Their whole trip was to camp along these parks, putting them in the mountainous northwest late-summer into fall. I'm betting they planned for cold nights. It's all the more reason I can see GP sitting in front of the fire wrapped in a blanket.

It isn't impossible that the body was moved there, honestly. None of us know for sure. But if BL was going to move her somewhere, I just don't think he would have picked that location, but that's totally moo.

Last edited:
Phew, actually some news about the search continuing, I got a little worried when we didn’t hear much for a few days. Let’s hope they find him.

Agreed - this is great news. I had noticed that the Carlton Reserve website continued to indicate it was closed to the public, but who knows if websites are up to date. MOO

As a father, This is a scenario that I can not believe. Maybe he never knocked on their door but there is no way that after driving across the state that I wouldn't at least drive by the house to see what I can see. So he could be telling a factual truth while also not telling the whole truth.

The only way I can see this not happening is if he and the Laundries already had a rocky relationship and didn't want to stir things up ahead of the cops. But that would mean he would already have had a reason to suspect there was something to be concerned about other than someone not returning phone calls. That would be much easily be accomplished by just knocking on the door instead of going to the police
See, that's what is interesting to me. A father that ostensibly moves to another state to be near his daughter (possibly, coupled with other reasons), does not *ever* see where she's living. The characterization that Vero Beach is on the other side of the state rings hollow to me... after all, Florida is not that wide... it's what maybe three hours (tops)? Could be. Just peaked my interest. Could mean nothing, I suppose.

For this comment, I'm limiting my interest to exclusively whether, or not, Mr. Petito had *ever* been to the subject Laundrie house. Hmmmm. Interesting. That's how I took the 'never been there' comment, too. Interesting/insightful behavior, indeed.
So you mean ever in his life? I would imagine at one time or another, given that Brian and Gabby were in a long term relationship and Gabby had resided at the Laundrie home for over a year, it would be reasonable to assume there were visits to the Laundrie home. I don't think we have any dates or situations where JP or NS may have visited with Gabby and Brian or the Laundries in their home, but it would be reasonable to expect there would have been times that would have happened. Most parents of engaged couples who live together in a family home do interact.

IMO, the mysterious trip that BL took in mid August is a big key in who, what, where, when and why BL did what he did to Gabby. The Laundrie family, their attorney and the FBI are keeping that information a big secret. Why?
Sister CL stated earlier when questioned about this trip ( No link...but it's out there )..." That's what he did when he..." Then she stopped talking, even stating " I'm not supposed to talk about this"

DTBH wants to talk to CL. I wonder why?

IMO, it doesn't or shouldn't take 4 days to 'empty out a storage LOCKER'. ( I'm giving two days for air travel)
WHAT exactly was BL doing for those 4 days?

I need to make a correction of information that I previously posted.

Watching Banfield last night one of her guests is the Palm Beach County Prosecutor's.

He stated without the physical phones, the phone carrier can (with a warrant) get the physical locations of cellphones. He stated that carriers no longer provide text data. He stated this has changed in recent years.

My post previously stated by me said that the carriers can provide data from phones and I didn't know these changes have happened. My apologies.

I don't know, as this is grizzly bear country. I personally wouldn't even sleep in my tent there. And then it was quite cold, not sure if they sat outside that much (knowing bears could come as well). MOO of course.

I think he either killer her while she was sleeping (in the tent or van) or completely somewhere else.

It did not seem to be the ideal place to set up camp so I have wondered whether she died while sleeping in the van there or they camped somewhere else and he pulled up there to take her body out.

While we *do not* know if his parents are assisting him, on the surface, they seem fairly unconcerned. Of course that could be deceiving, and since we don't know them, hard to judge. Yet, they aren't displaying the characteristics of someone gravely concerned for their child. Why, I wonder?

Amateur opinion and speculation
That’s a point to consider, certainly. On the other hand, if they have assisted him or know of his whereabouts and are concealing it, they’re in huge criminal/legal trouble, and they don’t seem distraught about that, either.

As I said in my last post, BL has been missing for 32 days now, and extensive searches by LE, FBI, and DTBH have turned up nothing. The situation is very bad indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn