Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he’s tucked away someplace but it is hard to imagine that a friend, even a close friend, would risk being involved. A relative seems more likely but I’m sure they’re all being looked at.

I suppose someone he met online might be helping him, either a male or a female, someone who shares his (supposed) ideology or a woman who thinks he was just misunderstood by Gabby — look at all the women who write to Chris Watts and others. He seems so temperamental that I doubt an online friend would put up with him very long.

I keep going back to the parents. We don’t know what kind of cash they kept at home and they had a good leadtime to acquire more cash (in smallish withdrawals) and buy prepaid cards before anyone knew Gabby was missing. They would have to find a place for him to stay under a different name, but if you aren’t super picky about a rental it wouldn’t be terribly hard to bypass credit checks, especially if paying several months in advance for a less-than-stellar place. It would need to be a location that could accept deliveries (so not way off-grid).

How difficult is it to get a fraudulent driver’s license these days? Probably not nearly as hard as an entirely new identity but I’m not up on what is involved. That would definitely simplify moving about more easily.

Pure speculation, just like everything else here. We won’t know until we know.

No matter whether BL is dead or alive, I hope they find him and that Gabby’s family doesn’t have to wonder where he is.

MOO
I think that when money is involved some people can/will do almost anything, maybe paying an acquaintance perhaps who’s in debt, who might be more inclined to help him hide, especially if he had a story of ‘it was an accident I shouldn’t have to spend my life In prison for an accident etc etc’ obviously it’s a theory but not impossible IMO money can make some people make crazy choices is all I’m saying. JMO

Walsh has no solid evidence of anything. This COULD be that COULD be. Our speculation is better than his and we have no clue. At least we have some facts on our side, which Walsh gets wrong all the time. Maybe Mexico maybe Adirondacks, maybe AT. If he gets tips of sightings in the eastern US why is he hell-bent on Mexico? jmo
I guess I am just jaded against tv personalities like Walsh and DTBH. Not jaded against what they and people like them do, but their personal reasons for doing things after so many years in the TV spotlight. I tend to think like you do that none of them have any idea where BL might be. Dog has already beaten Walsh to the "BL is in Florida or AT area". And so, to not look like just a follower and to be able to get "credit" for being right when BL is found, Walsh had to plant his flag on a different landfall. No big dog TV types are yet pounding their chests that BL is in Mexico so he picks up that playing piece and lays claim to it. Moo imo

CL, to me, looked weak in that interview or at a breaking point. She changed some dates and answered more than the parents did. Maybe Dog thinks he can catch her in a lie or get more concrete dates, since she changed them. Maybe he thinks she'll crack. I think it's smart to try and go over to the one family member's house who IS talking a little and looked at the end of her rope. JMO

That, and of course things have changed now, CaL now knows the cause of homicide, that GP was strangled.

Brian Laundrie's Parents Back Helping FBI Search For Their Fugitive Son As Gabby Petito's Remains Fly Home

By:[URL='https://radaronline.com/a/ryan-naumann/']Ryan Naumann
Oct. 14 2021, Published 10:29 a.m. ET

Brian Laundrie
[/URL]'s parents have decided to continue assisting in the search for their missing son as the remains of his fiancée Gabby Petito are on their way home.

The Laundrie family lawyer, Steven Bertolino, told The Sun Brian's father Christopher will be out with the FBI today to show them more of his son's favorite trails nearby.

Walsh has no solid evidence of anything. This COULD be that COULD be. Our speculation is better than his and we have no clue. At least we have some facts on our side, which Walsh gets wrong all the time. Maybe Mexico maybe Adirondacks, maybe AT. If he gets tips of sightings in the eastern US why is he hell-bent on Mexico? jmo
I guess I am just jaded against tv personalities like Walsh and DTBH. Not jaded against what they and people like them do, but their personal reasons for doing things after so many years in the TV spotlight. I tend to think like you do that none of them have any idea where BL might be. Dog has already beaten Walsh to the "BL is in Florida or AT area". And so, to not look like just a follower and to be able to get "credit" for being right when BL is found, Walsh had to plant his flag on a different landfall. No big dog TV types are yet pounding their chests that BL is in Mexico so he picks up that playing piece and lays claim to it. Moo imo

I guess but when there have been supposed sightings and it’s taken days for anyone to contact the witnesses, it seems to me they have much more evidence he’s in there than the parents word and the car. JMO

The article I just posted indicates they will be searching Carlton reserve today— once more, with father’s help.
@Claire182 Sorry, had to edit as quotes brackets got messed up.

Last edited:
She previously claimed she hadn't seen him since Sept 1st (?) I believe. Or maybe she said she hasn't seen him at all? I'll have to rewatch. Then it came out they all went on the camping trip together. So, she definitely HAD seen him at a later date than she initially said.

Cassie said on GMA she wished she'd been able to talk to BL. That was reported by ABC as she had not seen BL after he returned home on Sept 1 but she didn't say that. Then it came out she'd been at Ft. DeSoto Park one day and the press pounced-- Liar, liar! No, not really. Crappy reporting based on assumptions by the ABC reporter. It was assumed if she didn't talk to BL she hadn't seen him. But as was discussed extensively here on WS, the context of the entire interview makes clear she was not caught in a lie, at least IMO. One can easily imagine a day with the kids was not conducive to a heart to heart talk. And she may not have felt the need for one then anyway. For all we know she assumed it was just a breakup-- plenty of people have said GP & BL had a dramatic volatile relationship. And CL didn't see BL after it came out GP was missing.

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

There's been much mentioned about BL coming home to empty the storage locker. Could it be something as simple as the GP and BL had the key. Not sure how willing the locker people would have been to open it for CL. Unless of course it was in the parents name.
As to why LE is adamant to search the Reserve, while I don't think he's there, LE must have some type of credible evidence he is. I hope. That's a lot of money and destruction looking for someone who may not even be there. I understand it's a small price to pay to get justice for Gabby. JMO
I've always felt that maybe they just needed a break from each other and thought while he was there he may as well empty the locker and visit his nephews.

I've never believed with the search going on for this long that Brian is anywhere other than the reserve.

They are both washed-up braggarts. This search is NOT about them! jmo

I think that when money is involved some people can/will do almost anything, maybe paying an acquaintance perhaps who’s in debt, who might be more inclined to help him hide, especially if he had a story of ‘it was an accident I shouldn’t have to spend my life In prison for an accident etc etc’ obviously it’s a theory but not impossible IMO money can make some people make crazy choices is all I’m saying. JMO

Sounds like you are watching Squid Game! :cool:

Why would he need to go visit their house? That adds hours to the timeline. They got the police involved much quicker than they would have if he took a field trip.
That's hindsight thinking. We know she is dead now so we see it as a normal thing to call police when we think someone is hiding a crime. But on Sept 10, they had only recently begun thinking that it's strange she hasn't contacted them. Would you call the police to go ask the parents of your future son in law if they knew where the kids were or would you take a short drive and ask them yourself first.

Brian Laundrie's Parents Back Helping FBI Search For Their Fugitive Son As Gabby Petito's Remains Fly Home

By:Ryan Naumann
Oct. 14 2021, Published 10:29 a.m. ET

Brian Laundrie
's parents have decided to continue assisting in the search for their missing son as the remains of his fiancée Gabby Petito are on their way home.

The Laundrie family lawyer, Steven Bertolino, told The Sun Brian's father Christopher will be out with the FBI today to show them more of his son's favorite trails nearby.
This is just so unbelievable to me - we know a gun wasn't used in her murder - which I thought was a reason to continue searching - do they really have proof he's in there? are they looking for a body? I'm at a loss now with these continued searches of this place. Maybe the phones are there?
JMO

Why would he need to go visit their house? That adds hours to the timeline. They got the police involved much quicker than they would have if he took a field trip.
You’ve misinterpreted my comment. I’m not addressing the September 2021 activity. I’m referencing the “ever” part of the disassociation.

This is just so unbelievable to me - we know a gun wasn't used in her murder - which I thought was a reason to continue searching - do they really have proof he's in there? are they looking for a body? I'm at a loss now with these continued searches of this place. Maybe the phones are there?
JMO
Where is all Gabby's "stuff" from the storage locker? Still there? At Laundrie house? In the reserve? Returned to her family, and they aren't saying? WHERE? jmo

JMO

We don't know what type of evidence the FBI has, but it is IMO very compelling since this is where they keep searching. I speculate that they could have digital pings, trail cam footage, sightings that have not been made public, drone footage.

so just a thought. The Laundries own a business, buy and sell real estate... is it possible SB represented the Laundries in the past for some of their work dealings and they knew, as a friend, he would help? My thought is the lawyer was 'hired' when LE knocked on the door and were told to talk to their lawyer. Didn't sound like there was even enough time for LE to explain why they were there before they were handed the lawyer's number. MOO
I do think I remember it being said that they had known him and he had represented them for some time, but moo because I don't have a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769