GUILTY CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000

Many of the 'talking heads' on court tv and Law and Crime, were castigating Lewin, saying he was too obsessed with minute details, was veering off into the weeds, was losing the jury because of that---and I was thinking the opposite.
Since 2015, Lewin has been committed to convicting Robert Durst for murder. He finally succeeded It was a thrill to watch a master at work.

So I guess the only people allowed to give an impact statement, would be Ms. Berman's children? And, I betcha Durst is a no show today.

Not live in court yet. But then the trial never started on time either.

Thought I'd post the tweets & pics

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
8h
#RobertDurst - Media/public were just let in the courtroom. Sentencing should begin soon.

Durst has been brought into the courtroom.

WE ARE LIVE in #RobertDurst sentencing.

Durst1.jpg

At least 3 jurors have shown up for sentencing.

#RobertDurst watches the 3 jury members walk in.

Durst2.jpg

There are NINE jury members that have shown up for sentencing.

Prosecutor John Lewin addressing the defense motion for a new trial.

Lewin1.jpg

#RobertDurst is carefully following along on his tablet as Lewin speaks then he looks up at Lewin.

Durst3.jpg

Defense attorney David Chesnoff as he listens to prosecutor John Lewin.

David.jpg

John Lewin in countering the points the defense had in their motion for new trial. Judge Windham told him it wasn't necessary, but....go ahead... This is what the defense team looks like during this.

Defense.jpg

#RobertDurst might be getting a little sleepy to Lewin going on and on.

Durst4.jpg

Defense attorney Dick DeGuerin in response to Lewin wrapping up - Don't dance in the end zone, people will think you've never been there before.

Dick1.jpg

#RobertDurst has a mustache.

#RobertDurst pulls his mask down and appears to be breathing very heavily.

Durst5.jpg

As Judge Windham delivers his ruling on defense motion for new trial, which he DENIED, everyone around Durst watching him pretty closely right now. He was offered water but didn't take it.

Susan Berman's cousin, Denny Marcus gives a victim impact statement. "I was robbed and my beautiful son was robbed of an absolutely extraordinary, unforgettable brilliant person whose life was savagely taken from her..."

Now Susan's godson, Sareb Kaufman. He calls Susan his mother. He said Susan's murder changed everything for him.

BREAKING: Real Estate Heir Robert Durst, 78, Sentenced to Spend the Rest of His Life in Prison for Murdering Friend to Cover Up Wife’s Death

Susan3.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Thought I'd post the tweets & pics

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
8h
#RobertDurst - Media/public were just let in the courtroom. Sentencing should begin soon.

Durst has been brought into the courtroom.

WE ARE LIVE in #RobertDurst sentencing.

View attachment 317487

At least 3 jurors have shown up for sentencing.

#RobertDurst watches the 3 jury members walk in.

View attachment 317488

There are NINE jury members that have shown up for sentencing.

Prosecutor John Lewin addressing the defense motion for a new trial.

View attachment 317489

#RobertDurst is carefully following along on his tablet as Lewin speaks then he looks up at Lewin.

View attachment 317490

Defense attorney David Chesnoff as he listens to prosecutor John Lewin.

View attachment 317491

John Lewin in countering the points the defense had in their motion for new trial. Judge Windham told him it wasn't necessary, but....go ahead... This is what the defense team looks like during this.

View attachment 317492

#RobertDurst might be getting a little sleepy to Lewin going on and on.

View attachment 317493

Defense attorney Dick DeGuerin in response to Lewin wrapping up - Don't dance in the end zone, people will think you've never been there before.

View attachment 317494

#RobertDurst has a mustache.

#RobertDurst pulls his mask down and appears to be breathing very heavily.

View attachment 317495

As Judge Windham delivers his ruling on defense motion for new trial, which he DENIED, everyone around Durst watching him pretty closely right now. He was offered water but didn't take it.

Susan Berman's cousin, Denny Marcus gives a victim impact statement. "I was robbed and my beautiful son was robbed of an absolutely extraordinary, unforgettable brilliant person whose life was savagely taken from her..."

Now Susan's godson, Sareb Kaufman. He calls Susan his mother. He said Susan's murder changed everything for him.

BREAKING: Real Estate Heir Robert Durst, 78, Sentenced to Spend the Rest of His Life in Prison for Murdering Friend to Cover Up Wife’s Death

View attachment 317496

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson
Special thanks, @Niner for your excellent reporting on the Durst/Berman case for us WSers. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back