Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I'm relieved he didn't bury her, even if it would’ve been more “respectful,” though clearly he didn’t respect her.
Even though he left her open to the elements, if she were buried she’d have been less likely to be spotted by the helicopter. IMO
He instinctively knew that the least evidence preserved, the better. IMO Graves tell tales.

Oh, sorry...I have read a lot about the people involved in this case, but missed all those details on Brian's character prior to the trip. Thanks for filling me in on those details--I'm not keeping up, I guess. Given what a slacker he was, I wonder what purpose he served in Gabby's life?
I think he sunk his hooks into her when she was very young. She was reportedly a very caring person, so I expect he relied on pity, but it eventually turned into fear. MOO

There's been a niggling at the base of my brain for the past few days and now seems as good a time as any to put it out there...

It's been a mystery as to why the Laundrie's reached out to SB for help, but it occurs to me the answer may be glaring-- his specialty, REAL ESTATE.

Here's my scenario: During the first week of September, CL/RL reach out to old contact in NY for a remote location tied up in an estate dispute or some such. BL returns home to Florida in order to grab a substantial amount of cash (not uncommon to have a safe with several thousand dollars available) and procure a fake ID. They arrange to stock the place with months and months of supplies so he doesn't need to surface at all. He goes camping with the family and leaves right after that (Sept. 7?), gets situated in his new life before Gabby is even reported missing, law enforcement and the public are not looking for him at all.

I tend to believe the location is north and remote, mostly because SB's professional life and contacts are in NY.

After the news breaks and he has come under the scrutiny of all, they concoct the "out for a hike" and scared for his safety story. The swamp becomes the focus until Gabby is found, then the FBI begins their work.

I think it's possible this new "person" is situated on some remote acreage, in a comfortable and functional home that is being supported through a lawyer's office (not SB's) handling it as an ongoing estate issue. He's probably on the payroll as a caretaker.

It's even possible SB doesn't know exactly where he is...

Deluxe.

No wonder Mom and Dad's biggest concern are the protesters in the front yard.

JMO... today.

The arrest warrant states Brian used her debit card & bank account from Aug 30-Sept 1.

The search warrant dated Sept 15, stated Gabby’s phone was turned off for 15 days (starting Aug 31 or Sept 1)

I wonder if Brian accessed her bank on her phone during that time. I’d assume there’d be login info somewhere in the database. I’d also even bet that there would be a location stated, too. Maybe not exact coordinates, but a general area at least. Also, I wonder if there’s a database on iCloud somewhere that says which apps you were last active on. I want to say that there is? Jmo.

Couples informally share bank accounts, email passwords, pin numbers, phones and phone codes, Amazon Prime memberships, library cards, etc... They also payoff each other's car notes, mortgages and even child support. If they've lived together long enough then their entire lives may be intertwined. It's a good thing too, because those connections are not easily broken and they allowed the FBI to track and charge BL.

This is scary to me because it works in the opposite as well. Best example, using her credit card. Nope! I see where it can help if you end up dead, but if you are not, there are too many horrible things that can happen to finances in the name of "love". MOO, MOO

We can debate all day long why the Laundries didn't answer phone calls from Gabby Petito's parents. People have suggested reasons such as wrong numbers, lack of phone expertise, no voicemail set-up, bad feelings over the break-up, they didn't like each other, and on and on.

But this does not address the white elephant sitting out in their driveway - the VAN. You can go ahead and believe the Laundries had no experience with phones, or they were just introverts who didn't want to talk to the Petitos. Even if BL's family had no clue where Gabby was, or didn't believe Gabby was missing, they surely had to know that Brian did NOT own that Van, and that might be what Gabby's parents were calling about, right? Every time they looked out the window, that van was sitting there. Really they should have been calling the Petitos asking what to do with the van, not the other way around.

Also, wouldn't you be mildly curious enough to ask why LE is banging on your door? jmo

If there was no communication between the Laudries’s and LE on Sept 10th, I’d be curious how “the problem” was settled.

“The records showed that police officers responded to the North Port, Florida, home two separate times on September 10 for "public service" calls. Both reports were marked by officers as "problem settled," according to the news site.”
Police visited Brian Laundrie's home day before Gabby Petito was reported missing

IIRC the "son", an adult, has to make that decision for himself.
Yes, I am talking about his parents, they could tell LE whatever Brian told them when he arrived home on the 1st. They could have let LE in the house on the 11th to talk to Brian, assuming he was at home. They could have called Gabby’s family on the 11th.

Couples informally share bank accounts, email passwords, pin numbers, phones and phone codes, Amazon Prime memberships, library cards, etc... They also payoff each other's car notes, mortgages and even child support. If they've lived together long enough then their entire lives may be intertwined. It's a good thing too, because those connections are not easily broken and they allowed the FBI to track and charge BL.

This is true, but it doesn't sound like BL HAD a bank account to share. The only account that has been mentioned is in Gabby's name only. If BL had substantial money of his own, a "normal" bank account for an engaged couple would have both their names on it so both could deposit or withdraw with their own valid cards. If they wanted to keep their money separate, they should have set up separate bank accounts.

Considering that their relationship was somewhat volatile before this trip, I'm surprised that they didn't separate their funds and have separate bank accounts. I suspect, but don't know for a fact, that BL was pretty much the leech in the relationship, and convinced her that 'her' money was 'our' money, while putting only small amounts of money in 'their' account. MOO.

Last edited:
it is an interesting counter-intuitive that a guy who seemed intent on keeping his actions a secret took no measure to conceal his cross country travels. using her credit card (not to mention driving her car) do not suggest someone covering tracks. Hanging out with his family for more than a week may have turned from waiting for the inevitable to formulating a plan (either for escape or suicide).

That said, the complete lack of effort to disguise himself or his movements upon the return trip to Florida seems to suggest either 1) he thought he would get away with it, 2) he knew he wouldn't, or 3) he didn't do it. It definitely doesn't suggest a likelihood of huge conspiracies, long term planning or a network of friends and confidants helping him hide across the country.
This. This guy has made a hundred mistakes from the getgo. Slapping Gabby in public. Getting his *advertiser censored** snagged by the Moab cops. Acting like a complete idiot in at least two businesses with witnesses in each. Losing control and killing a girl LAST PROVABLY SEEN WITH HIM ON POLICE BODY CAM. Leaving her body out in the open near a family camping area. Hitchhiking within scant miles of the murder scene. Returning to the murder scene. Stealing her life, her money, her bank cards, identification, purse, van. Using the victim's money to facilitate flight. Going home to his last known address instead of heading in the opposite direction. Selecting the worst lawyer I've seen in years. Doing a runner, though lawyered up.
I'm convinced these kinds of stellar choices will continue as the case moves forward and eventually get him snagged doing something stupid.As far as survival skills goes...those tall tales begin with Brian who, by the ridiculously long line of screwups he's hatched has repeatedly proven he's a legend in his own lunchbox.

What the internet thinks Brian Laundrie may look like now

brian-laundrie-transformation-17.jpg

The hairy iterations of what people think Laundrie now looks like come after famed forensic artist Lois Gibson showed the Sun sketches showing the effects his time on the lam could have had on him.

“I have my opinions. He’s trying to make it a survival thing, which is likely to involve camping,” the 39-year-old artist, who holds a Guinness World Record for the most ever identifications by a forensic artist, told the outlet.

brian-laundrie-transformation-18.jpg

brian-laundrie-transformation-16.jpg

Brian Laundrie attorney Bertolino slams John Walsh after ID special on Gabby Petito case | Fox News

Fun war of words:

"I absolutely believe that his family is helping him stay on the run," said Walsh, who also hosts "In Pursuit with John Walsh" on ID.

Bertolino snapped back at such speculation.

"Dusty relics like that Dog and John Walsh need a tragic situation like this so they can clear the cobwebs off their names and give their publicity-hungry egos some food," Bertolino told Fox News Digital, also taking aim at Duane "Dog" Chapman, the reality TV star and real-life bounty hunter who entered the search for Laundrie late last month.

Through a spokesperson, Walsh said he had no comment on the lawyer’s attack, while Chapman issued a sharp response of his own.

"It’s ironic that Mr. Bertolino would criticize the people trying to find Brian Laundrie, unless perhaps he doesn’t want him to be found," he said
Thank God and bless America for people like Dog and John Walsh. <modsnip: Name variations or derogatory name changes are not allowed> can disparage them all he wants; we can discern the truth sayers.

amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I don't think the Laundries are that flush with funds to keep supporting B.L indefinitely. If they did give him money to disappear with that would be it. From now on their finances would be scrutinized. He will eventually have to surface. A few thousand dollars doesn't go far these days. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley