Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does this mean? Are their parts of the case file we haven't heard about or is this additional evidence/back up to the PH discussions? In other words what makes up a "case file" before the trial has happened?

“I'm shocked, shocked, to find that gambling is going on in here;);)

I'm wondering if it's the full interviews and not just the highlight reel we had the the AA.

Bonus points for the Casablanca quote.

Dirty” - IMO such an odd word to use by BM’s lawyer. And an interesting take about a consensual adult relationship between her client snd his presumed girlfriend. Is that how she would view the relationship if she actually acknowledged what it IMO truly is ?

I suppose they could have used the word tawdry or any other word that implies something cheap and trashy insinuating the prosecution had an ulterior motive. Prosecution never connected SD to Suzanne's murder in the AA or in the preliminary despite interviewing her so she's currently as we know not part of the case so I can understand why defense said what they said.

So what does this mean? Are their parts of the case file we haven't heard about or is this additional evidence/back up to the PH discussions? In other words what makes up a "case file" before the trial has happened? “I'm shocked, shocked, to find that gambling is going on in here;);)
We've definitely "heard" about them (i.e., defense motions and response by the state) but haven't been able to view the motions. I expect redacted motions will be hitting the "cases of interest" public site soon.

This should prove interesting.

Motions filed by the defense are typically numbered beginning with the prefix of "D" followed by a numeric value. Accordingly, motions filed by the Prosecutor with "P," and Orders by the Court with "O." As of this date, there are no motions filed by the defense published on the public or "cases of interest" county court site:

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

By comparison, in the El Paso County "cases of interest" public court site, the People vs LS case lists not less than 27 motions filed by the Defense including the benign motion by LS defense and/or "D-27 MOTION TO WITHDRAW."

Colorado Judicial Branch - El Paso - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Letecia Stauch

E & N are certainly earning their keep in their effort to shield their client's case from public view. To be clear, this is NOT Judge Murphy's doing.

Carol McKinley[URL='https://twitter.com/CarolAMcKinley']@CarolAMcKinley[/URL]

Morphew was in court yesterday for a ruling regarding his bond. Judge Patrick Murphy will let him stay where he is even though it's so remote investigators can't track his ankle monitor. He'll have to check in for a download every day. #SuzanneMorphew

8:58 AM · Oct 14, 2021

Carol McKinley[URL='https://twitter.com/CarolAMcKinley']@CarolAMcKinley[/URL]

NEW: Judge in Morphew case is releasing the entire case file. Court clerk says both sides are going through their motions before the release will happen. #BarryMorphew has been out on bond for three weeks.
@DenverGazette

8:56 AM · Oct 14, 2021

Last edited:
Didn't he have a white pickup truck the day he was arrested? I wonder when this picture was taken.

Here we go! An MSM link with the video of Barry's arrest: Video: See the moment Barry Morphew was arrested | FOX31 Denver

There is a white pickup in the video. It is the first vehicle in this recording, and it appears to have a mattress in the pickup's bed. (From what I can tell, all black vehicles stopped behind the white pickup appear to be LE.)

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Here we go! An MSM link with the video of Barry's arrest: Video: See the moment Barry Morphew was arrested | FOX31 Denver

There is a white pickup in the video. It is the first vehicle in this recording, and it appears to have a mattress in the pickup's bed.

JMVHO.
Thank you!
I wonder when the video of him was taken while he was loading up the pickup truck with SD in today's Daily Mail video. Or, could he have been using his sister's truck I wonder. The day he bailed himself out, I believe it was his sister that picked him up.

Wonder what was in the FedEx package that SD picked up off the porch at the PP house. Steroids? He sure does look bulked up in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe