AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been following this case for a while and hope the romance rebuff is a new clue. I see it’s been redacted in the report so it could be a sign police are investigating the K... situation in particular.
It seems they did in the full report. There is no indications anyone got involved on her behalf. (I originally floated this theory when David indicated an "interest" in a girl in an interview. But it's pretty clear (at least so far) she didn't have others involved.

Kudos to all of you who are digging deep for Daniel. Life is getting in the way for me to do it right now. But can someone chime in — I’m having trouble understanding the line of thinking that he may have been targeted for some reason. If someone went after him in the desert, how would they have found him? How would they know where to look? The coworker didn’t report any other vehicle taking off after him. Sorry if I’m missing something completely and this is a dumb question.
You are not IF you are fully buying into the narrative being pushed by David Robinson and his PI, Jeff McGrath. Please read the entire Buckeye PD file...embedded in this article... Remember everything in the media has been an opinion.
Daniel Robinson was reportedly rebuffed by young woman before his disappearance

Updating from the police report
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

The meeting with KE at the job site on the morning of 23 June 2021.

Page 4 KE advises DR arrived at the site at around 0900 and that it was raining.
Page 13 KE clarifies that they drove out to the job site together in their separate vehicles and they got to the job site at approx. 0930 hrs.
MOO: They both sit in KE’s vehicle waiting for weather? (see page 23 “…waiting for a storm cell to pass…”)
Page 13 DR asks KE if he wants to abandon the job**. While KE checks a weather app on his phone DR goes back to his vehicle, leaves the site and is last seen on the road driving South approx 0945 hrs.

** According to KE, the phrase was either ‘Do you want to go back to Phoenix?’ (Page 13) or
‘Do you want to go to Phoenix to rest?’ (Page 23)
MOO: I interpret this as DR asking KE if he wants to abandon the job. If we could know more about the work each of them was there to do, we might understand more clearly the circumstances of the ending of the meeting.
My rudimentary understanding of hydrologists in the context of wells being drilled for future residential development is various reading throughout the day to start getting water level and flow data of the aquifer. These are then used to determine well drilling diameter, depth, etc. The data is also submitted to the sate to get a Certified Adequate Water Supply certificate for the proposed development.

My rudimentary understanding of hydrologists in the context of wells being drilled for future residential development is various reading throughout the day to start getting water level and flow data of the aquifer. These are then used to determine well drilling diameter, depth, etc. The data is also submitted to the sate to get a Certified Adequate Water Supply certificate for the proposed development.
I haven't been able to read the whole thread -- do we know that the well at this jobsite was part of prep for future residential development?

Do we know what specifically DR and KE were tasked with doing onsite?

I have had the job of taking samples from monitoring wells, but that is not something that requires two people.

Also I noticed that DR's father knew of the jobsite in Buckeye, which suggests this is an ongoing jobsite for DR and not just a onetime or occasional location.

The monitoring wells I took samples from were an occasional task, I don't remember details but something on the order of monthly sampling.
MOO

IMO you are definitely on the right track!

I have known the creator of the podcast for about 3 weeks but not the exact episode. I could not and really can't report it now as it is still rumor.

But the Buckeye PD report does indicate that Daniel relayed to Davisha (his sister) that [paraphrasing] "it changed his life and the whole way of looking at things." and "how to view negative things more positively." I feel comfortable in sharing MO off that language that it does involve transformational thinking and getting away from "ego", "mind", a thinking/reacting self and to a level of "just being". Next layer then is a connectedness to everything, a one with the universe. Lot of TM and Buddhist stuff in a different package.

I wonder if the contents of the podcast promoted resting? That would give meaning to Daniel suggesting driving to Phoenix for a rest.

I am very curious about the “rest in Phoenix” comments too. I mean, why wouldn’t Daniel just rest on site if he was tied? Did he mean go to a rest stop for cars or just generally go hang out and not work?

I haven't been able to read the whole thread -- do we know that the well at this jobsite was part of prep for future residential development?

Do we know what specifically DR and KE were tasked with doing onsite?

I have had the job of taking samples from monitoring wells, but that is not something that requires two people.

Also I noticed that DR's father knew of the jobsite in Buckeye, which suggests this is an ongoing jobsite for DR and not just a onetime or occasional location.

The monitoring wells I took samples from were an occasional task, I don't remember details but something on the order of monthly sampling.
MOO
I would take time to at least go back and read early accounts or follow @mlhenn.
Read the entire Buckeye PD police report now one line at the NEWSNATION Now article on-line.
To your questions....
#1 I would not state an untruth. So yes it is part of a residential development. Why would you question/focus on that if I might ask?
#2 I would not state an untruth. What makes you question that well readings were not the order of the day?
#3 to your point, it WAS intentionally a duplication of efforts as they would both be working the site either separately or together in the future. Ken Elliot represents Weber, the company tasked with the actual drilling. The were to take samples all day as I believe that would start getting them a base line. Monthly monitoring is I know a function of the State Water resources department to measure entire watershed basins.
#4 Mr. Robinson did not know of the well site when he went missing. Mr. Robinson has never been to Arizona prior to his sons missing.

for all, THIS WAS THE FIRSST TIME DANIEL HAD BEEN TO THE SITE AND HAD NEVER MET KEN ELLIOT BEFORE. This focus IMO leads no where. Read upthread for all the reasons it's not.
Cheers!

@Spitfireseven @capitola51
I got to thinking last night and matching up some press stories with when the Vehicle, evidence, and report was given to Mr. Robinson and PI McGrath. I think you guys might have stumbled on something. There might well be an unredacted copy in possession of Mr. Robinson and his PI.

There was a bit of wrangling in early Aug. over who would "head" the investigation and whether it was a "missing person" or as Mr. Robinson keeps pushing something criminal. I can see Buckeye PD turning over the unredacted report for follow up by McGrath. (screwing up in my opinion)

The ONLY place I can find any of the players actually named is in reporting (Daily Beast, Daily Mail, and an AZ Central article that are totally slanted to Mr. Robinson and McGrath's narratives. Ken Elliot (contractor), Roger Prutsman (co-worker), Brandon Skelton (rancher) are all redacted in the copy released to the press. AZ Family True Crime podcast in late Sept. never outs anyone.

I wonder if the contents of the podcast promoted resting? That would give meaning to Daniel suggesting driving to Phoenix for a rest.

I am very curious about the “rest in Phoenix” comments too. I mean, why wouldn’t Daniel just rest on site if he was tied? Did he mean go to a rest stop for cars or just generally go hang out and not work?

I agree. I even found myself saying "do you want to go rest in Phoenix" out loud to see whether I could find some other phrase he might have been saying, that could have misheard. Didn't come up with anything, though.

I would take time to at least go back and read early accounts or follow @mlhenn.
Read the entire Buckeye PD police report now one line at the NEWSNATION Now article on-line.
To your questions....
#1 I would not state an untruth. So yes it is part of a residential development. Why would you question/focus on that if I might ask?
#2 I would not state an untruth. What makes you question that well readings were not the order of the day?
#3 to your point, it WAS intentionally a duplication of efforts as they would both be working the site either separately or together in the future. Ken Elliot represents Weber, the company tasked with the actual drilling. The were to take samples all day as I believe that would start getting them a base line. Monthly monitoring is I know a function of the State Water resources department to measure entire watershed basins.
#4 Mr. Robinson did not know of the well site when he went missing. Mr. Robinson has never been to Arizona prior to his sons missing.

for all, THIS WAS THE FIRSST TIME DANIEL HAD BEEN TO THE SITE AND HAD NEVER MET KEN ELLIOT BEFORE. This focus IMO leads no where. Read upthread for all the reasons it's not.
Cheers!

JJRay, I was not doubting anything, just seeking clarity in my own mind.

I had seen the well mentioned, including the diameter mentioned by you and at least one other poster who was onsite. I had not seen a mention of the specific purpose of this well. The monitoring wells I worked with were, if I recall, 3" diameter and this well is much bigger, so I presumed it had a different purpose, and yes, we all know how fast the Phoenix metropolis is expanding, so a new residential development is the expected purpose, but I hadn't seen it mentioned in any news report and was just seeking confirmation/clarification of whether that was known or was an assumption or speculation.

Likewise with their specific tasks onsite -- I hadn't seen any specific information so wanted to know whether we knew with certainty their tasks. It sounds like perhaps it was a newly drilled well if they were to take samples all day.

There are many kinds and types of wells (water extraction, monitoring quantity, monitoring multitudinous aspects of water quality, as example) as well as many methods or protocols of well sampling (for example my work used a bailer and was sampling for the purpose of detecting leaked hydrocarbons from nearby sources. Obviously that is not what is taking place in an undeveloped area such as in this case). I was just curious what specifics had been made public at this point about their tasks.

As to #4, I made my post immediately after reading the police report where I read that DR's father, in his initial phone call to LE, told them that DR was working at a jobsite in Buckeye. I suppose that if DR and his dad spoke on a daily basis, DR might have mentioned the Buckeye site to him the day or so prior. Or if it was intended to be a site DR was supposed to visit for a longer time period, say a week or a month of sampling there, he might have mentioned it to his dad even earlier. But IMO Dad did know DR was working in Buckeye when he called LE. I can go back and find the page or screenshot the LE report if needed. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it.

Last edited:
I agree. I even found myself saying "do you want to go rest in Phoenix" out loud to see whether I could find some other phrase he might have been saying, that could have misheard. Didn't come up with anything, though.

RSBM
The only thing I could come up with is "do you want to do the rest in Phoenix?" as an alternate to "do you want to go rest in Phoenix?".

Page 10 of the report:
I ASKED DAVID IF DANIEL USES ANY DRUGS SUCH AS MARIJUANA, COCAINE, METHAMPHETAMINE, ETC. DAVID SAID HE WAS ONLY AWARE OF DANIEL USING MARIJUANA.

I just wrote an entire thing about the link between marijuana triggering psychotic episodes, especially within people already struggling with mental health issues, on the Jason Landry thread. I will copy & paste here what is relevant, but if you'd like to read my own story & struggle with the mental illness/weed combo, feel free to check out his thread.

-

So, a lot of people don't know this, but weed itself can for sure cause psychotic episodes, etc. I cannot smoke weed, period, it triggers massive anxiety within me and has caused depressive or anxious episodes that have lasted weeks at a time (absolute hell, for anyone wondering).

Does Cannabis Cause Psychosis?

“Mr Green” is a 39 year-old African-American male with a history of chronic schizophrenia, cannabis use disorder, and alcohol use disorder. He started smoking cannabis almost daily at age 20. When he was 22, he was in a motor vehicle accident while under the influence of substances and suffered a head injury. Several months later, he was hospitalized for a first episode of psychosis (FEP). Thereafter, he participated in a long-term antipsychotic clinical trial.
Over the past 2 decades, there has been extensive research on the association between cannabis and psychosis.

Modulation of the endocannabinoid system by the main psychoactive component in marijuana, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, can induce acute psychosis and cognitive impairment.

Carney and colleagues investigated the prevalence of cannabis use and its association with symptoms in participants at ultra-high risk (UHR) for psychosis. Across 30 studies (n=4205 UHR), there was a 27% current and 53% lifetime prevalence of cannabis use, and a 13% prevalence of cannabis use disorders (CUD). This corresponded to a 2.09-fold and 5.45-fold increased odds of lifetime use and CUD, respectively, in patients at UHR compared to n=667 controls. Furthermore, UHR cannabis users had a higher prevalence of both suspiciousness (ES=0.21) and unusual thought content (ES=0.27).

Johnson and colleagues11 conducted a large genome-wide association study of those who use cannabis (n=20,916) and controls (n=363,116). They identified 2 loci with genome-wide significance: a novel locus on chromosome 7 (FOXP2; OR=1.11, 95% CI 1.07-1.15), and a previously identified locus on chromosome 8 (near CHRNA2 and EPHX2; OR=0.89, 95% CI 0.86-0.93). Importantly, cannabis use and CUD were significantly, positively, and genetically correlated with schizophrenia in this study.

Szoke and colleagues4 meta-analyzed 29 studies of cannabis use and schizotypy (attenuated psychosis). Lifetime cannabis users had significantly greater scores for total (ES=0.42), positive (ES=0.44), negative (ES=0.18), and disorganized (ES=0.33) schizotypy versus never users. Furthermore, current cannabis users had significantly greater scores for total (ES=0.21), positive (ES=0.23), and disorganized (ES=0.27), but not negative schizotypy scores versus subjects that do not currently use cannabis.

For anyone wondering about schizotypal personality disorder (SPD), here is more information. My brother has it, so I feel comfortable speaking to it. It is difficult to witness your loved one go through paranoia and delusions. Here's some of the common symptoms -

• Dress, speak, or act in an odd or unusual way
  • Be suspicious and paranoid
  • Be uncomfortable or anxious in social situations due to their distrust of others
  • Have few friends
  • Be very uncomfortable with intimacy
  • Tend to misinterpret reality or to have distorted perceptions (for example, mistaking noises for voices)
  • Have odd beliefs or magical thinking (for example, being overly superstitious or thinking of themselves as psychic)
  • Be preoccupied with fantasy and daydreaming
  • Tend to be stiff and awkward when relating to others
  • Come across as emotionally distant, aloof, or cold
  • Have limited emotional responses or seem “flat”
No drug works for every person, and weed can indeed be a dangerous substance for those with mental illness issues.

Attachments

• Table.png
    Table.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 3
Page 10 of the report:
SBM
I just wrote an entire thing about the link between marijuana triggering psychotic episodes, especially within people already struggling with mental health issues, on the Jason Landry thread. I will copy & paste here what is relevant, but if you'd like to read my own story & struggle with the mental illness/weed combo, feel free to check out his thread.
No drug works for every person, and weed can indeed be a dangerous substance for those with mental illness issues.
Police report:

What direct evidence do we have that DR was mentally ill? I am asking this because also in the Police report is a friend staying with DR the weekend before and stating that DR seemed to be behaving perfectly normally.
All we have (so far) is the testimony of KE about what happened at the job site that morning, however there have been some speculative media articles that pointed to mental health. KE noted, for example, when re-explaining the events to Officer Hayley, that "Kenneth ultimately reported no behavior or statements from Daniel that suggested he was hallucinating, that he was incoherent, and or was having some kind of mental health issue." see Police report page 14.

Police report:

What direct evidence do we have that DR was mentally ill? I am asking this because also in the Police report is a friend staying with DR the weekend before and stating that DR seemed to be behaving perfectly normally.
All we have (so far) is the testimony of KE about what happened at the job site that morning, however there have been some speculative media articles that pointed to mental health. KE noted, for example, when re-explaining the events to Officer Hayley, that "Kenneth ultimately reported no behavior or statements from Daniel that suggested he was hallucinating, that he was incoherent, and or was having some kind of mental health issue." see Police report page 14.

Well, the text he sent K was *wild* and very intense in my opinion for knowing someone a couple days. And the way he acted startled and confused the guy he was working with that day - enough that the guy was immediately concerned about him and started searching for him right away. Idk, he doesn't seem like he was in his right mind to me (and many others). It's my gut instinct, so I guess it's MOO.

RSBM
The only thing I could come up with is "do you want to do the rest in Phoenix?" as an alternate to "do you want to go rest in Phoenix?".
KE was interviewed three times. From the Police report, page 13, when interviewed by Officer Haley on 6/14:
"...according to Kenneth, he recalls Daniel asking him, "Do you want to go home? Do you want to go back to Phoenix?""
The insertion of the 'rest' phasing appears to originate in the original report from Officer Crews that is then referred to by other Officers.
When KE is interviewed by Detective Biffin on 6/30 the '...wanted to go to Phoenix to rest.." phrase returns. Police report page 23.
MOO
Because of the anomalies, rather than get wrapped up in the semantics I assumed that DR was asking KE if he wanted to abort the job but communicating the question in an awkward way.

JJRay, I was not doubting anything, just seeking clarity in my own mind.

I had seen the well mentioned, including the diameter mentioned by you and at least one other poster who was onsite. I had not seen a mention of the specific purpose of this well. The monitoring wells I worked with were, if I recall, 3" diameter and this well is much bigger, so I presumed it had a different purpose, and yes, we all know how fast the Phoenix metropolis is expanding, so a new residential development is the expected purpose, but I hadn't seen it mentioned in any news report and was just seeking confirmation/clarification of whether that was known or was an assumption or speculation.

Likewise with their specific tasks onsite -- I hadn't seen any specific information so wanted to know whether we knew with certainty their tasks. It sounds like perhaps it was a newly drilled well if they were to take samples all day.

There are many kinds and types of wells (water extraction, monitoring quantity, monitoring multitudinous aspects of water quality, as example) as well as many methods or protocols of well sampling (for example my work used a bailer and was sampling for the purpose of detecting leaked hydrocarbons from nearby sources. Obviously that is not what is taking place in an undeveloped area such as in this case). I was just curious what specifics had been made public at this point about their tasks.

As to #4, I made my post immediately after reading the police report where I read that DR's father, in his initial phone call to LE, told them that DR was working at a jobsite in Buckeye. I suppose that if DR and his dad spoke on a daily basis, DR might have mentioned the Buckeye site to him the day or so prior. Or if it was intended to be a site DR was supposed to visit for a longer time period, say a week or a month of sampling there, he might have mentioned it to his dad even earlier. But IMO Dad did know DR was working in Buckeye when he called LE. I can go back and find the page or screenshot the LE report if needed. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it.
I apologize on # 4; Daniels employer (Matrix New World) had been trying to reach Daniel all day, including going to his residence in person and his sister's place in Phoenix. When he still could not be located they asked Ken Elliot to start looking (roughly 3 IIRC).

When he turned up nothing. Matrix New World called the emergency contact, David Robinson and filled him in on the specifics. He originally contacted Tempe (according to MSM account) and they advised he needed to call Buckeye as that was his last known sighting.

Whether or not Daniel discussed work the previous Sunday (Father's Day) with his dad on that call no one knows. Early in the search before the vehicle was found, I asked David in an email if they had discussed work as that sometimes might be a tip as to something being off or different in demeanor around coworkers, but he did not respond.
Cheers!

Police report:

Not so much as in regards to direct evidence of mental illness, but I believe there’s a handful of evidence (from ppl’s testimony) in the police report that supports odd behavior from Daniel. I’d have to respectfully disagree that KE’s testimony is all we have (so far) to support that. {odd behavior}
•Yes, KE’s testimony at the job site
•Daniel’s sister- his behavior at her home; leaving for CA w/out letting family know; contacting her about an emergency then no response; his feelings towards a woman he barely knew
•his father-his feelings for a woman he barely knew
•K (woman)- their overall encounters & text exchanges
•Roger (friend; carpooled at times)-said he was concerned about Daniel, acting quite odd
•Ruben (friend)- said he seemed down
•Ant (friend)- acting more hyped than normal; going on about some girl

….
LG (friend)- didn’t notice anything odd

Police report:

Please continue reading the rest of the report. The Roger interview and Davisha and the comment the Father makes about being in love but not knowing anything about her...also the whole text string between K and Daniel. Much more at play the last week then KE observed. I term it more of a psychotic episode or break which is not a break from reality or seeing things. Not the proper diagnosis I know but he was definitely wrestling on some level about his place in the world and having some difficulty with what it all means...

Not so much as in regards to direct evidence of mental illness, but I believe there’s a handful of evidence (from ppl’s testimony) in the police report that supports odd behavior from Daniel. I’d have to respectfully disagree that KE’s testimony is all we have (so far) to support that. {odd behavior}
•Yes, KE’s testimony at the job site
•Daniel’s sister- his behavior at her home; leaving for CA w/out letting family know; contacting her about an emergency then no response; his feelings towards a woman he barely knew
•his father-his feelings for a woman he barely knew
•K (woman)- their overall encounters & text exchanges
•Roger (friend; carpooled at times)-said he was concerned about Daniel, acting quite odd
•Ruben (friend)- said he seemed down
•Ant (friend)- acting more hyped than normal; going on about some girl

….
LG (friend)- didn’t notice anything odd

Thanks as always ...should have looked for your reply first!

KE was interviewed three times. From the Police report, page 13, when interviewed by Officer Haley on 6/14:
"...according to Kenneth, he recalls Daniel asking him, "Do you want to go home? Do you want to go back to Phoenix?""
The insertion of the 'rest' phasing appears to originate in the original report from Officer Crews that is then referred to by other Officers.
When KE is interviewed by Detective Biffin on 6/30 the '...wanted to go to Phoenix to rest.." phrase returns. Police report page 23.
MOO
Because of the anomalies, rather than get wrapped up in the semantics I assumed that DR was asking KE if he wanted to abort the job but communicating the question in an awkward way.
Totally agree, "go to phoenix" appears in the second interview with him so either Haley (who I thought did an excellent job the following day, and clearly documented) left it out or KE simply remembered it differently the second interview. All in all he was tired that morning. PI McGrath thinks he was up all night on a gaming binge. But again, immaterial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine