Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here on the West Coast, CNN is showing "Gabby Petito and the Hunt for Justice." I don't know if it's a new special program or one from a couple of days ago. In any event, though I don't think it has much that's new, it seems like a good summary of the case with interesting commentary by various experts.

JMO

Last edited:
I question if ANYBODY outside of parents saw BL after that "camping trip" to Desoto.
Won't be surprised if BL went "missing" earlier than we are led to believe right now.
As I’ve mentioned before I believe his timeline is 9/7-8 and the preserve was and is a misdirection but possibly her phone and other evidence is in there else why the resources for searching and the danger to the searchers and dogs?
JMO

My opinion only, but I fully expect someone like Jose Baez to represent BL if this goes to trial.
Baez seems to want nothing to do with this.

"Attorney Jose Baez tells TMZ ... he has not spoken to the Laundrie family or Brian himself. He says, "Therefore, I do not represent him or anyone else related to the case" and tells us his current caseload makes it very unlikely he'd be available for this case "given its current complexities."

Brian Laundrie Family Will Not Be Repped by Casey Anthony Lawyer, Jose Baez

But he used her card that’s the issue, if he came across it, it doesn’t give him the right to use it and also then he’d know she didn’t have her card so wouldn’t you the worry she had no means to buy even the basics as in food and water. JMO.
If she was with a friend, then no, I don't expect him to worry. Using her card is a gray area. If it's a shared account, then fine.

If she was with a friend, then no, I don't expect him to worry. Using her card is a gray area. If it's a shared account, then fine.
But doesn't he talk to her? Keep in close contact? How long does he not hear from her until he realizes something is wrong?

But he used her card that’s the issue, if he came across it, it doesn’t give him the right to use it and also then he’d know she didn’t have her card so wouldn’t you the worry she had no means to buy even the basics as in food and water. JMO.
One other thought... I wonder if they had multiple cards? I certainly do.

I agree about the parents it’s a difficult choice for them if they knew and it would be a horrendous position to be in, but if BL has abused gabby then IMO he is a monster, I lived through it and it’s torture. Also respectively we don’t know if she was raped or not, abusers can rape their partners sometimes. Heat of the moment is pushing someone not holding on to their throat for up to 5 mins, he could have stopped. All MOO

IF he abused her. See what I am saying? We don't know anything.

As I’ve mentioned before I believe his timeline is 9/7-8 and the preserve was and is a misdirection but possibly her phone and other evidence is in there else why the resources for searching and the danger to the searchers and dogs?
JMO
I agree about misdirection. As for Gabby's phone or his for that matter, being that they're so small, they could be easily missed by everybody looking for them. I am curious as to where the last pings from the phones were located.

I'm not really sure of this attorney's legal status here. It's been more than 3 weeks since the indictment was filed against his "client" and he (SB) has still not filed a Notice of Attorney Appearance to represent BL. There is no record at all that BL has any attorney period.

Docket for United States v. Laundrie, 0:21-cr-00113 - CourtListener.com
I am not sure of the process - put does the arrest warrant (or whatever its called) not have to be served on B personally? So does the clock start ticking when its issued or does it need to be served first? Can the case proceed without him ? The process is quite different in the UK to the US. For example in the UK - there would be a warrant out for a suspects arrest - but he would not be charged until arrested physically.

I'm not really sure of this attorney's legal status here. It's been more than 3 weeks since the indictment was filed against his "client" and he (SB) has still not filed a Notice of Attorney Appearance to represent BL. There is no record at all that BL has any attorney period.

Docket for United States v. Laundrie, 0:21-cr-00113 - CourtListener.com
Oooh well done @CharlestonGal it’s the very first thing our lawyers do when they are engaged and a retainer is received…
JMO and my experience …

My opinion is, he left because there wasn’t any further need for control. She was dead. If she was still alive, he’d still be there to control her and the narrative.

She wasn't dead when he flew to FL. Pretty sure that can be proven by witnesses at the SLC hotel and later on at various places including the Merry Piglets.

JMO

Last edited:
Thank you! I wonder what 'the other two places' were?

I am still stuck on two camping trips! If they were gone on weekend after the 6th & 7th camping trip, there would have been no one home to give out the lawyers card! Then, BL would have left Monday after that camping trip. If this is all true, im sure he never returned home! And I was just beginning to think he did commit suicide, no other reason for police to be searching that area. IM0

We don't know how many cards or how much cash she had. We also don't know whether he came across the cards, or regularly kept them in his wallet or somewhere locked up in the van for safe keeping. I also think there's a very good chance, if not a certainty, that they commingled funds and jointly used the bank accounts during the trip. Doesn't mean his use after her death wasn't illegal, but most people don't think like that when they're in a committed couple. If he knew she was dead, that changes everything, but the hypothetical in the OP assumes that he did not. jmo

Thank you! I wonder what 'the other two places' were?

I am still stuck on two camping trips! If they were gone on weekend after the 6th & 7th camping trip, there would have been no one home to give out the lawyers card! Then, BL would have left Monday after that camping trip. If this is all true, im sure he never returned home! And I was just beginning to think he did commit suicide, no other reason for police to be searching that area. IM0

I'm not sure about "grey area" If BL isn't on the accounts he was using, then it was illegal for him to use even if Gabby was alive to give him permission.
Legally wrong, yes. But as it's been pointed out, many people do this. It's very common. I didn't even know it was illegal until I read it here. But I'm still going to share my card.

She wasn't dead when he flew to FL. Pretty sure that can be proven by witnesses at the SLC hotel and layer on at various places including the Merry Piglets.

JMO
I interpreted the original post as after he had returned but you may be correct. They could have been referring to the week he traveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname