Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this.
Wow!
They are seeking pretrial detention for
1) being a flight risk
2) "Safety of any other person and the community"

BBM

So Brian is considered a danger to others.
That's the first time I have seen LE express that.
They certainly aren't warning the public about him!
Agreed.

The "Obstruction of Justice" charge is interesting as well, and might point to Brian having outside help ?

Re. your bolded : I think it's high time LE start warning the public that their lives could be in danger if they encounter Brian.
LE seem to know he is capable of hurting anyone he comes across, or worse.
Imo.

Why? Her dad lives in Florida he could have said I thought she went to stay with her dad we’re broken up I have no idea what happened after that. This is based on him thinking she won’t be found for a long time or ever, it’s how I thought he might think, I also said In another post that he could be caught in a lie so that’s probably why the lawyer said don’t say anything. If he’s just murdered someone is he going to be thinking very rationally.
Ahhh I am so sorry. I didn't spell check. I actually wanted to write: This does make a lot of sense.

Why? Her dad lives in Florida he could have said I thought she went to stay with her dad we’re broken up I have no idea what happened after that. This is based on him thinking she won’t be found for a long time or ever, it’s how I thought he might think, I also said In another post that he could be caught in a lie so that’s probably why the lawyer said don’t say anything. If he’s just murdered someone is he going to be thinking very rationally.
I don’t believe that was what he was thinking in the moment, otherwise he would not have used her phone to text her mom that there was “No service in Yosemite.” on August 30.

I think that BL is going to be arrested when we least expect it. Kind of like a pregnant woman waiting for labor to start, but it feels like it’s never going to happen…..then all of a sudden….. BOOM!!!

I wish I could be as optimistic as you are and agree with you.

A pregnant woman knows that in fact she WILL give birth. Early, late, stillborn or healthy, that baby is coming.

I just don’t believe we have an indubitable guarantee that Brian will be arrested because I don’t know if he will be found.

I hope your analogy becomes true!!!!

Some want to argue a defence for him, I'm going for Murder 1, fully pre-meditated and pre-planned.
Pretty much.
IMO- They went to the hotel for her to work on her vlog. An argument ensued and she threatened to end the relationship.
Unbeknownst to her, he left to return to Florida "to show her she needed him".
I believe he took her van and parked it at the airport while he was gone.
I don't believe that she would have reported this to her dad or LE.
When BL decided he had given her enough time and probabl, she was begging him to come back and return with the van, he shows back up.
The incident at Merry Piglets happens and because she became upset and crying in public with witnesses, he fears that LE will track them down again.
He is irate. Because she allegedly can't control her emotions or obey his orders, then everything goes goes south.
She threatens to tell "everyone" what he did, leaving her and flying back to Florida...
He knows he can't deny the fact that he was on a flight.
He has to shut her up for good, to protect his reputation.
(Rolls eyes)
I wonder how that's working for him now!
All my opinion-
* I also believe she had no problem driving the van. She just told the authorities that in the hopes it would cause them to forget the entire thing and let them go on their way.
I do not see her purchasing ANY VEHICLE she was uncomfortable driving.
MOO

Who here would risk getting locked up for helping their son escape justice if they did not know he was guilty?
Jmoose, this was a really good question. Thank you. If I knew for a fact that my child was not guilty I would move heaven and earth to protect him or her. If I did not know if he or she was guilty ~ if I had doubts ~ I would morally need to admit that and let the cards play out. And yes, that is in my history not an assumption of what I would do. This is what helps keep us civilized and safe from one another's abuse and worse.

actually, the indictment lists the debit card (with its last 4 digits) and PIN for 2 capital one accounts (with each of their last 4 digits)...the debit card is not an account of its own, it and the PIN are "access devices" attached to the 2 bank accounts...moo

Actually, I am not sure if this is the case with BL, but generally speaking, someone doesn't need to know the 4 PIN # to pay for gas. Just by "paying as credit" on a debit card they only need your signature and sometimes not even that!

It is....it just seems odd. Why do you believe they weren't there continuously.

I just did that trip, and even though those three appear close-ish, in real life, it doesn't make much sense to go back and forth logistically, none are right around the corner from each other. Not saying they cared about that...when on NO timeline or calendar, they may not have cared at all. BUT if they stayed at Arches since sometime in July through August 12/13, it's a pretty good span of time. If they stayed that long, I wonder why and who they may have met and interacted with that we may not be aware of. MOO

They could have been - but they. should have had the NP pass on their windshield, which I don't see. Gabby should not have been confused about how far to go.

They were in Zion, Bryce and Canyonlands (which looks a lot like Arches) before.

I'm sorry, but they had to care about their calendar if they exputected to stay in the park. Hundreds of visitors during that same period were jonesing for ANY kind of camping spot, ALL the dispersed camping was taken according to locals. Same with Zion and Bryce - and probably even Canyonlands. They clearlly did not have reservations for GTNP or they would have used them (or the BTNF, either). They camped illegally - perhaps they had done that before.

But NP LE check your pass/receipt upon admission and there's little chance anyone can steal a campsite inside the NP. I haven't watched the webcam in a while, but it seems clear to me from the police report that LE believes Gabby when she says she has a campsite in the park.

Was it their first night there? That I don't know. There's a lot of time unaccounted for.

Same here. Baez did not say "no," or "never." I am assuming Baez can be in charge of a Federal trial.
I wonder how much money he would ask for rep'ing BL. I also wonder what the going rate would be for any good defense atty in a case like this. Flat fee or per hour -- either, imo, would be pretty steep, IMHO. Lotsa bucks.

Does anyone out there have a feel for what a defense fee for a trial such as this would cost? I'd really like to know...

Well into 6 figures, but I’m sure he’ll get the tax payers to pay for it.

I don’t believe that was what he was thinking in the moment, otherwise he would not have used her phone to text her mom that there was “No service in Yosemite.” on August 30.
Maybe part of that text though was hoping her parents thought they were there ‘Yosemite’ with no signal so they didn’t alert the police but it backfired with the Stan text. I just don’t see what any of what he’s done is rational and I’m not saying my theory is rational, I just think he made some choices in the moment and then realised it would look even worse or wouldn’t make sense. JMO

Well, as someone who has interviewed people at various points after they committed a violent crime, I can say that a long car drive does give people some time to "think rationally." By that I mean, using average amounts of rationality. For example, driving the car properly and stopping for gas and not peeing by the side of the highway. Knowing enough about the route to get back to FL.

A person who can do that is bound to think about what's going to happen when their fiancée is found and wonder what people will think when he didn't report her missing - but too late for that. He has fled. He couldn't have known how many times he was caught on camera, but I bet it was quite a bit and that the footage isn't completely collected, even now.

Agreed.

The "Obstruction of Justice" charge is interesting as well, and might point to Brian having outside help ?

Re. your bolded : I think it's high time LE start warning the public that their lives could be in danger if they encounter Brian.
Imo.

I'm not sure if I recall correctly from where I heard this but I think it was a FBI agent who said that obstruction of justice IS penal by law in FL, but I don't think (and you can correct me) if "instrument after the fact" is actually punishable in FL.

So theorically, if BL parents helped him escape, not sure if that would indict them.

Again, MOO and I could be wrong.

I find it curious that Gabby and Brian's Dyrt account submitted a review for a BLM campsite in Arches Utah, in JULY, saying they visited in July. How long were they at Arches in Utah? The body cam incident was August 12th. That is quite a long visit, right? Or something isn't quite accurate, which is also possible. I find it, again, quite curious. MOO.
Check out Gabby & Brian V.'s reviews on The Dyrt

I have never seen The Dyrt before, thanks for link. Gabby & Brian V.? Where does the V come from? Also it says they’re from CO?

Maybe part of that text though was hoping her parents thought they were there ‘Yosemite’ with no signal so they didn’t alert the police but it backfired with the Stan text. I just don’t see what any of what he’s done is rational and I’m not saying my theory is rational, I just think he made some choices in the moment and then realised it would look even worse or wouldn’t make sense. JMO
His biggest mistake was using her cards on the same day that he sent that text.

Then he was too dumb about their route to realize that, instead, it set off Gabby's mom's spidey sense - since she knew they were no where near Yosemite and had no plans to go there. And iPhones don't substitute "Yosemite" for Yellowstone" unless you start out typing Yo. I think Gabby would have noticed...but Brian, like many, got the two parks confused. My opinion.

I agree he made dumb choices (many) and had plenty of time to think about it on the way home.

For those of you looking into Dyrt: some of the reviews (which, in my opinion, are in Gabby's prose) are from their previous trip.

Well, as someone who has interviewed people at various points after they committed a violent crime, I can say that a long car drive does give people some time to "think rationally." By that I mean, using average amounts of rationality. For example, driving the car properly and stopping for gas and not peeing by the side of the highway. Knowing enough about the route to get back to FL.

A person who can do that is bound to think about what's going to happen when their fiancée is found and wonder what people will think when he didn't report her missing - but too late for that. He has fled. He couldn't have known how many times he was caught on camera, but I bet it was quite a bit and that the footage isn't completely collected, even now.
I just said to someone else that a lot of what he did doesn’t make sense, the texts, taking the van, hitchhiking and offering £200, maybe further down the road of driving the van he might become more rational but when he came up with a ‘plan’ it had only just all started, maybe he realised half way this won’t work but he was already half way there.

Agreed.

Imo.

okay, there is no obstruction of justice charge against him currently..."serious risk of obstruction of justice" is listed as one of the criteria for the request for a detention order, not as a separate charge against him...

Thanks for this.
Wow!
They are seeking pretrial detention for
1) being a flight risk
2) "Safety of any other person and the community"

BBM

So Brian is considered a danger to others.
That's the first time I have seen LE express that.
They certainly aren't warning the public about him!
I agree.

I'm not sure if I recall correctly from where I heard this but I think it was a FBI agent who said that obstruction of justice IS penal by law in FL, but I don't think (and you can correct me) if "instrument after the fact" is actually punishable in FL.

So theorically, if BL parents helped him escape, not sure if that would indict them.

Again, MOO and I could be wrong.
I certainly don't know the answers to your questions but I wonder if LE has any real interest in charging the Laundries.
It's BL that they want, badly.
jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members