Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be curious to see the actual financial transaction (who paid for it and with what funds) for the flight from SLC to Tampa. I would also be curious to find out if the flight was booked as a one-way or roundtrip. I'm guessing LE has this information.

All MOO/idle speculation, etc.

-

Edited to tidy things up a bit

2nd edit: I don't necessarily believe SB knows who paid and he's just guessing with his "to my knowledge" statement.

Last edited:
I certainly don't know the answers to your questions but I wonder if LE has any real interest in charging the Laundries.
It's BL that they want, badly.
jmho
They may well face charges for obstruction of justice, providing incorrect information to LE regarding his date of departure, misrepresenting the day they collected the Mustang...

They may well face charges for obstruction of justice, providing incorrect information to LE regarding his date of departure, misrepresenting the day they collected the Mustang...

Making false statements to the FBI is usually a crime. It will be very hard to explain why they gave the wrong dates when this is like the most important thing going on in their lives, they are basically stuck at home, etc. It doesn’t make sense that they would have the date wrong.

Also, I can’t remember why but we were at one point looking for some gear that was orange and black. I know dragon’s tooth was a prior trip, but for what it’s worth there’s something next to the backpack in one of the photos that’s orange and black.

Probably nothing but this is the first new information I have seen in a while so I got excited lol.

This is how it is worded. I will readily admit, I am not an expert, or even a novice, on bank cards!

DocumentCloud
ONE debit card
ONE PIN
TWO accounts ( probably a checking account and a savings account )
The card and PIN would access both accounts.
Every bank and credit union I’ve ever used , I’ve had it set it up like that.
When you use an ATM the first screen asks you to choose either checking or savings upon sliding your card in.
JMO

Nothing less. He started planning it at the little restaurant when she went in there and apologized for him.
She was smarter than he was; much better looking than he was; she was well-liked by many; she had a "normal" family; she was much more talented and creative than he was; she was beginning a vlog and he had no idea how she did it, and it was taking time away from him; he was jealous and beginning to lose control over her.
He could not allow or tolerate any of that. It was time to set things straight with her...
He could have planned it for months for all we know. He could even have filmed it.
It's possible.

Her middle name and his mother’s maiden name both start with V.

Yes, but that is not either of their last initials, so it’s not accurate info. People using that app value their privacy and usually don’t put their real information on there. They will use a random initial, put a wrong state for home, put the wrong dates for their visit.

I am still baffled that she wasn't found earlier by anyone, campers or rangers. I have read that it wasn't in an easy location to spot or discover. MOO.
I’m shocked that he left her near their van!!! Also, it wasn’t THAT far away, I’m surprised a dog from the campground didn’t pick up on her scent??!!

Yes they may.
I was certain that CA would be charged with perjury but it never happened.
I suppose it will depend on just how deep and harmful the Ls actions were to the investigation or how well they cooperate with LE from this point on.

I hope BL is captured or recovered tomorrow!
jmho

Well, as someone who has interviewed people at various points after they committed a violent crime, I can say that a long car drive does give people some time to "think rationally." By that I mean, using average amounts of rationality. For example, driving the car properly and stopping for gas and not peeing by the side of the highway. Knowing enough about the route to get back to FL.

A person who can do that is bound to think about what's going to happen when their fiancée is found and wonder what people will think when he didn't report her missing - but too late for that. He has fled. He couldn't have known how many times he was caught on camera, but I bet it was quite a bit and that the footage isn't completely collected, even now.
I’ll bet he went along I80, I’m thinking south from Jackson, and not Moran (which is a pain in the butt IMO). I-80 would go all the way to where they caught him using GP’s credit cards.
I did I-80 kinda recently. There are Walmarts right at some exits—great place to take a little snooze. From LE’s point of view, Walmart would be very helpful, since they have cameras everywhere. They also prolly have sophisticated search functions that can automate a search for a white van. Maybe even facial recognition software. They get date parameters and boom!

Actually, I am not sure if this is the case with BL, but generally speaking, someone doesn't need to know the 4 PIN # to pay for gas. Just by "paying as credit" on a debit card they only need your signature and sometimes not even that!
If you use the card at the actual pump and don't even go inside, you can forgo the pin but need to punch in the zipcode of your home address. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288