Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a lot of YouTube, tiktok, and msm covered interviews with people who possibly saw the van, BL, or certain incidences, but we must remember that not everyone who might have seen something, or who spoke to the FBI, are so outspoken. Imo, there are potentially a lot of witnesses that we know nothing about.
I very much agree and I think there might be some who’ve been afraid or self intimidated to speak out that are now finding their inner conscience. And of there’s always greed that speaks so loudly. What’s the reward up to now?

We have a lot of YouTube, tiktok, and msm covered interviews with people who possibly saw the van, BL, or certain incidences, but we must remember that not everyone who might have seen something, or who spoke to the FBI, are so outspoken. Imo, there are potentially a lot of witnesses that we know nothing about.

ITA. I mentioned many threads ago that I closely followed the Mollie Tibbetts case. At the time, many witnesses made public statements about having seen Mollie jogging the night she disappeared and taken together they painted a sort of confusing picture of her route. But during the trial, the one and only eyewitness called to testify was someone I had never heard of before, but who had apparently gone to the police immediately. She just never spoke publicly. That really drove home to me the fact that we only know what is public, and not everyone goes public. MOO

The sighting you kabele
“I think the real bottom line is, how much more time will they spend in the swamp in the woods, doing these walks?” said Bill Proctor, a private investigator, on Friday’s “NewsNation Prime.”

Dennis Frank, a 22-year veteran of the FBI, said police could have clues they have not discussed publicly.

“I have to think they’re not relying on just information that he might be there,” he said on “NewsNation Prime” on Friday. “There has to be some kind of information that they’re getting … that tends to point them in that direction, because they are expending a lot of resources in that area.”
Brian Laundrie search concludes fourth week with few more clues than when it started

*North Port PD Incident Reports
https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/09/22/4343_Wabasso.pdf

https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/10/14/4343_Wabasso_9_1_to_10_8_Redacted.pdf

North Carolina Laundrie Sightings
https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/10/13/21-054422.pdf
The sighting you labeled as NC is a Sarasota sighting.

From the posted links from kittythehare. Thank You

“The fear of outbursts from the abuser becomes a controlling factor in the victim's life. For survival, the goal becomes to anticipate anything that may result in an outburst for the controlling person and avoiding it at all costs. The abused person becomes preoccupied with the needs, desires, and habits of the abusive controlling person. The outcome of this survival mode or “freeze” reaction versus “fight” or “flight” reaction can result in a captive who experiences a loss of self-esteem, self-confidence, and psychological energy and who is “burned out” and too depressed to leave. Another possible outcome is a return to a childish infantile pattern of bonding with the aggressor.”

I was engaged several years ago to a man just like this. While I’ve know since it ended that it was an unhealthy relationship, I didn’t realize until reading that that it was actually an abusive relationship. I was a strong, independent, “I don’t need no man” woman before I entered that relationship and when it ended, I was a shell of myself that I’m still working on getting back 15 years later.

Nothing I did was right, and even when I reacted to situations that had previously been the “right” responses before, they didn’t seem to be the “right” response in other similar situations. I came to believe that it was me who was flawed. He even moved me to a different state and isolated me from friends and family like Brian did with Gabby. At one point in the relationship he told me that I was at fault for abuse that had happened to me as a child and it destroyed me. Yet still I stayed. I’ve always been ashamed and angry at myself about that, but now I realize I was in “ freeze” mode and literally had no self-esteem left. I think I would have stayed in that relationship forever but thankfully he was the one who ended things.

If Gabby experienced even a little bit of what I went through, my heart hurts for her, almost as much as it hurts for her that her life has ended.

I know that we shouldn’t really provide personal narratives that take the focus away from the case and I really tried hard not to respond to this post, but obviously I failed.

I was engaged several years ago to a man just like this. While I’ve know since it ended that it was an unhealthy relationship, I didn’t realize until reading that that it was actually an abusive relationship. I was a strong, independent, “I don’t need no man” woman before I entered that relationship and when it ended, I was a shell of myself that I’m still working on getting back 15 years later.

Nothing I did was right, and even when I reacted to situations that had previously been the “right” responses before, they didn’t seem to be the “right” response in other similar situations. I came to believe that it was me who was flawed. He even moved me to a different state and isolated me from friends and family like Brian did with Gabby. At one point in the relationship he told me that I was at fault for abuse that had happened to me as a child and it destroyed me. Yet still I stayed. I’ve always been ashamed and angry at myself about that, but now I realize I was in “ freeze” mode and literally had no self-esteem left. I think I would have stayed in that relationship forever but thankfully he was the one who ended things.

If Gabby experienced even a little bit of what I went through, my heart hurts for her, almost as much as it hurts for her that her life has ended.

I know that we shouldn’t really provide personal narratives that take the focus away from the case and I really tried hard not to respond to this post, but obviously I failed.
Ditto

So his friend thinks he might be in South Africa or New Zealand?

Gabby Petito's fiancé has resources to get out of US illegally, friend says
So he might be in NZ... because he liked Lord of the Rings? OK. Maybe we can send Dog the Bounty Hunter down there to check that out.

Despite the title of the article, it doesn't really identify any actual resources BL might use. I think the Sun found someone BL went to high school with and crafted a story from what they remembered about him. MOO

I know nothing about forensics, so maybe somebody can help. According to the linked weather information, it got down nearly to freezing overnight on the 27/28 and 28/29, but the 29/30 was only 37 degrees in the Jackson Hole valley (closest weather station I could find to Spread Creek). If GP was killed on the evening of the 27th or 28th, would there be forensic evidence showing the body had been subjected to freezing (or within a degree or so) temperatures soon after death?

Weather in August 2021 in Jackson, Wyoming, USA

It seems obvious that a forensic autopsy, on a body out in the elements for 3+ weeks, is far from an exact science. Even if she was killed right after the restaurant, would her stomach contents be decomposed so much at that point to make it impossible to link to the restaurant? I would tend to think so, but I'm obviously no expert.

It seems a few people were expecting the autopsy to narrow down the TOD to the minute. Assuming BL did it (safe assumption, imo), we know the TOD was between the 27th and 30th. The autopsy didn't help narrow down that window any. I think the important thing is that (hopefully) nothing in the autopsy contradicts that window.

Personally, I'm a little skeptical of the autopsy window given (22nd to 29th (unofficial dates, I know)). It just seems pretty convenient how well it lines up with what was already known, or assumed.

Like, what if dr. Blue gave a window of the 26th thru the 2nd? There would be endless debates about how BL possibly COULDN'T have done it.

I'm not saying that the fix is in, or that there is something nefarious going on. I just think that the autopsy window would probably have been a little different if the TOD hadn't already been narrowed down (presumably) to a few days before the autopsy was even conducted. We are, after all, all human.

JMO

Thanks. From the article:
“And the attorney has repeatedly said he's representing the Laundrie family and Brian. He would not represent someone that is not alive."

Bertolino has consistently referred to the Laundrie family as his clients and has served them for two decades.

On September 15, the attorney specifically confirmed that he was representing Brian.

The statement read: “In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that 'any statement made will be used against you' is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito's disappearance.

“As such, on the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter.

“This formality has not really changed the circumstances of Mr. Laundrie being the focus and attention of law enforcement and Mr. Laundrie will continue to remain silent on the advice of counsel."

Yes but as recently as the past week the family attorney acknowledges Mr Laundrie” is MIA.

“At this time Brian is still missing and when he is located…..”
Laundrie family attorney releases statement after Gabby Petito’s cause of death revealed

I’ve been mulling over BL’s hike to Colter Bay. If I’m going to consider the theory that he killed GP before his hike, and that his hike/hitchhiking was a plan to set an alibi for himself, then I would think Aug. 28th is just as likely a date of death as the 27th. If anything, the 28th makes more sense because BL saying he had been camping for two nights would have put him being gone the day before she actually died, rather than the same day (if she had died the 27th), which would not cover him as well.

Others have suggested 8/28 as a possibility. For example:

From @Skigirl

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

* Gabby was wearing a sweatshirt when she died, so it may have happened on the evening. In this scenario, that would be the evening of 8/28.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

I posted a hiking route yesterday or the day before that could have gotten him there entirely on foot. 17 miles, 300-400 feet of elevation gain (in other words not much). Just a short section of road, otherwise an old wagon route. Someone fit like him could do it in about 6 hours. The route goes right from the end of the road into Colter Bay Village.

It’s a day hike for BL. He could have even killed GP the morning of the 29th and still made that hike.

Maybe the date of death isn’t important to everyone, but to me, determining if BL went hiking and/or tried to make an alibi for himself after he killed GP is so very different than killing her and immediately fleeing back home. It suggests how he functions, which imo, might hint at what he did when he disappeared from his parents’ house on 9/13. jmo

I also agree with it potentially revealing his mindset at the time.

If he'd tried to create an alibi, then that - to me - shows the mindset of someone more calculating and devious. It could be said that this course of action would indicate he's lacking in remorse, guilt or regret.

If he was absolutely bewildered and panicked, and immediately fled home, it's possible that he did feel remorseful.

MOO

One more thought I had reflecting back on following the Mollie Tibbetts case. I had not heard of Web Sleuths until a few months ago, while the MT trial was ongoing. I knew a lot of the facts of the case because they were getting brought out in trial, but I was going through the WS threads from the beginning so I could see lots of discussions on evidence that turned out to be wrong, misguided, or unimportant.

I think we all know that we don't have all the facts publicly, but what I see as the bigger problem to overcome is the idea that the public facts are necessarily important. We can only discuss what we know, and that can take on outsized importance.

So just as an example in this case... The TikTok witness may be entirely accurate about what happened at Merry Piglets, but it could be that the event has nothing to do ultimately with the murder according to investigators.

(If you followed the MT threads, I'm thinking of the many multiple threads spent speculating about the red shirt!)

JMO

One more thought I had reflecting back on following the Mollie Tibbetts case. I had not heard of Web Sleuths until a few months ago, while the MT trial was ongoing. I knew a lot of the facts of the case because they were getting brought out in trial, but I was going through the WS threads from the beginning so I could see lots of discussions on evidence that turned out to be wrong, misguided, or unimportant.

I think we all know that we don't have all the facts publicly, but what I see as the bigger problem to overcome is the idea that the public facts are necessarily important. We can only discuss what we know, and that can take on outsized importance.

So just as an example in this case... The TikTok witness may be entirely accurate about what happened at Merry Piglets, but it could be that the event has nothing to do ultimately with the murder according to investigators.

(If you followed the MT threads, I'm thinking of the many multiple threads spent speculating about the red shirt!)

JMO
I followed the MT case, as well, and fully agree. And while I highly respect the "experts" who are interviewed by msm, I keep in mind that they, too, only possess the same, public information we do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member