Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this hard to swallow.

BL can 'say' whatever he wants...
Just because he says something... doesn't make it legal.
imo

Right but then as a juror if they set a 'precedence' of using each other's cards then IMO i can't see most people convicting anyone on that.

Can one of the attorneys posting to the board explain why the officers couldn't/didn't respond "Well, Brian is an adult so he's gonna have to tell us to bug off himself."
They tried to cover that I think by saying that SB is the Family lawyer....funny thing is, he specifically stated that he does not represent Cassie. jmo

Since she was murdered in WY and the grand jury would be convened there, would the Laundrie crew go to WY or would it be zoomed?

IDK for sure but I suspect they would have go there. Either that a ZOOM from a federal courthouse in Florida.

Since she was murdered in WY and the grand jury would be convened there, would the Laundrie crew go to WY or would it be zoomed?

IDK for sure but I suspect they would have go there. Either that a ZOOM from a federal courthouse in Florida.

If you want your son to appear 'missing' as opposed to 'fleeing' then 'searching' would be a good choice of action.
4-5 hours of searching, and that’s it, huh? Quite the concerned parents, if you ask me (biggest amount of sarcasm possible). These people couldn’t care less about their son. They aren’t searching at all, nor pleading for his safe return, because they know he’s alive.
Maybe they don’t know where he is, but they know he is just fine. MOO
As a parent myself that is the only reason how I can understand their lack of concern with him “missing”, because if any of my kids were missing, I would never stop searching for them.

Could be but I doubt it. If a parent was on GP's cards I'd think the parents would have looked at card activity when panicking. And maybe they did but they sure talked about lots and lots of stuff to the press and never mentioned that. (And it was pre-FBI) They talked about so much stuff looking for help so why censor that info? Since they didn't seem to spot BL's charges, I don't think they had access. They still could have deposited money and I expect they did.
JMO
I don't ever expect them to tell all they know at these events. It's also possible they caused considerable alarm and LE asked them to refrain from mentioning it.

Imo - B sister said Gabby's name never came up while they were all camping together because of her kids. Please. Kids, even little ones, can be within your sight but out of earshot. Or someone could have pulled B aside and asked him what is going on with Gabby.
Imo.

I find it hard to believe that her children did not ask about Gabby when they saw Brian. Unless they were told not to by their parents/grandparents.

CNN is showing a Gabby special right now.

I just watched it. That FBI expert? I didn't catch his name, whoever he was, made some great comments about the traffic stop. Said the Moab police made a mistake buddying up to BL during the stop. They should have gone over the various 911 calls of the incident in detail, according to him. He also said she showed the signs of Stockholm syndrome, making excuses for her abuser, blaming herself for everything instead. All the while BL was chatting, laughing with the police. and they showed BL even fistbumping one of the cops. Good presentation by CNN but nothing new, that I saw.

Florida has no jurisdiction over Gabby's murder.

And I'm not sure Federal Court does, either - but I don't blame lawyers here for not weighing in.

At any rate, it will be tried in Wy0ming. (sorry, I'm involved in a Montana case IRL),

Last edited:
IANAL, but I think if these tapes are admitted, it would be detrimental to the case against BL. The reason I say this is that it would be the tapes themselves and possibly the police reports as written, that would be considered as evidence. And we all know that both show that the police determined that GP was the aggressor against BL and in fact they nearly arrested her for DV. I don't think prosecutors would admit the tapes and say "but the police conclusions were wrong" - that wouldn't he helpful at all. Even assuming there is a review of the Moab response and it is found to have been handled incorrectly, why would you admit these tapes and then say that the conclusions were wrong? I just don't see how the tapes could be helpful to the prosection. MOO
Except the prosecution could point out that the officers report was not an accurate report of what happened in that Moab stop. That is why it is being investigated and why the held up posting the second body cam recording for a month.

Anyone know what police tape is used for? Does it indicate active crime scene always?
EBM: Quote error. I was referencing the NPPD texting [<another edit] the Laundrei's lawyer.
This^ and LE being absent when BL got away make me think of the so-called "red neck mafia" situation in Phenix City, AL, LaGrange, GA, and B'ham, AL.

Last edited:
Sep 11th
"Brian Laundrie's family stated that the subject <Gabby> was not at the residence and they did not know her whereabouts. They refused to allow Brian to speak with law enforcement and directed the officers on scene to speak with their attorney."

https://www.scribd.com/document/526506380/Search-Warrant-Hard-Drive-Gabby-Petito-Brian-Laudrie
Can I please ask whose Scribd account you are linking and what y’all are seeing there ? All I get is a sign in or create an account screen.
Thanks

For their unique troubles, the lodge gave Beckwith and Brettmann a free night’s stay—in a room with a working lock—and free breakfast. “It was a buffet,” Beckwith said. “We took as much as we could.
This is what I meant about 30 threads ago when I said BL would be unable to hide himself on the AT , because hikers talk, hostel owners, drivers, EVERYONE talks. And hikers have absolutely nothing better to do in the evenings than shoot the breeze.
And BL would never make it on the trail for more than about 2 days unless someone is resupplying him. Notice the recurring theme? FOOD. That's all you can think about.

Instead they went camping together. Must be the parents were not too upset.

Not answering the other parent's phone calls is perplexing though. If not upset why not answer?

It would be interesting to know how the relationship was between the two families. Was GP living there due to stress in her own home or was it only for romantic interests or something else? I can imagine if the parents did not get along or perhaps BL parents were fed some horrible story then perhaps they just refuse to talk. Or. BL intercepted the cells and silenced/blocked them from notifications. Who knows until they speak or he's found. unfortunately I'm beginning to thinnk he won't be found.

However, if he really came back into the restaurant 4x, then that is pretty extreme. I've worked in restaurants and seen many angry customer situations. I've never seen any one return 4 times, angry each time. And then his girlfriend comes in to apologise?

That tells me he was out of control. And given that she was strangled a day or two later, I cannot dismiss it as being no big thing.

If the witness was totally making the story up, I think the restaurant employees would leak out a statement or two saying it never happened. JMO

Is there a link to this about him returning 4x? Lots of talk about him heading back to FL thinking he's got time. Trying to think if I just killed someone and wanted to drive halfway across the country and hope i didn't get caught. Well.....i sure the heck wouldn't leave the victim out in the open in fairly bright clothing to be found. Brush, bury, sink, something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot