Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's define "friends".
Not virtual FB, IG Vlog "add friend" folks.
Physical real humans who you can physically touch and sit with for hours.
There is a huge difference if you are in a DV relationship.
MOO
Yes, this! While these folks have not come forward and most have gone private, to me it was evidence that she did have real life friends. (Not in followers, but the context of the individual posts, photos, and comments themselves.) MOO.

In hoping that BL is alive & this case makes it to trial...
I'm just putting this out there for reference later on.

When we think/voice that we don't have a lot of facts yet... we're 100% correct.

Have faith.

There is a slew of schit that LE / FBI holds very close to their vest.
ie: For those who've followed the Jennifer Dulos case...

Recall how shocked we all were to read about... school bus cameras.
The means of recording Fotis's employee's Tacoma parked at Waveny Park in New Canaan.

Recall how shocked we all were to learn about... the bike.
Fotis's means of traveling from the employee's Tacoma to Jennifer's house... in a dark hoodie.

These facts only came to light upon Fotis's Arrest, contained in the Arrest Warrant for Murder.

And we all know LE only puts the bare necessities in a warrant for arrest...
just enough for a Judge to sign off.

School busses & a bike.

*Some are assuming BL is in hiding because he refuses to go to prison...
I can see why.

Recall how shocked we all were to witness, on National TV, Fotis Dulos's suicide - live - in real time.
And this was after he had been arrested for Murder.
He refused to spend another day... another hour... in prison.

No one had a clue.

THE Blue Point Fire Department and 89 North in Patchogue will launch the first fundraising event for the Gabby Petito Foundation on October 17.

The all-ages event starts at 1pm EST, and will feature live music from The Christian Cabrera Band, Afterburn, Justice, and Half Breeds.

Attendees will also be able to enjoy food, a cash bar, a 50/50 raffle, and a silent auction.

The foundation, formed in September, is geared towards helping families of other missing people.

Speaking at a press conference, Gabby’s stepfather Jim Schmidt said: “We’re just hoping that through our tragedy of losing Gabby that in the future that some good can come out of it.”
TV host John Walsh reveals where he believes Brian Laundrie is currently hiding

I really don’t think they lived at that condo that his parents owned. Condo associations don’t let you work on your vehicle especially to the level their van was modified. They may have stayed there on occasion like when friends visited.

The condo was sold mid July per the public records. The photos of it make me think it was an investment used to attract seasonal visitors. In this area, a condo like that would rent for $1,000/month from May-Sept. However, seasonal prices would be $2,500 from Oct-April. There’s a ton of money to be made here. JMO

This is probably covered somewhere and is off-topic at the moment....but I can't really find the answer and it's been bothering me for ages. Did the van have a sleeping surface so that Gabby could spend the night locked inside when they were separated at Arches? Or was the van strictly a means of transporting themselves and their things, so they were required to tent camp every night? I'm getting at Gabby's fear of being left alone that night (as well as the reason for a hotel during week he went to Florida.)

Did this information just come out? Did BL's parent's say it? It does seem very....."time convenient" if they did. Don't they own a lot of properties? Are they be saying BL and GP "stayed there" but it was actually the parent's? Can someone send me a link, apologies in advance I just want to see what was said about this. Did GP's parents ever mention this condo?
I find it highly unlikely GP's parents did not know where Gabby lived. The missing person report filed by Gabby's mom lists the Laundries home as her address. Gabby's father also sent LE to that same address, not the address of some condo. We also heard from CaL that she, her husband, GP and BL lived together at the Laundrie house until CaL and her husband moved into their own home at which time the parents moved back into the house with GP and BL.

I don't think The Sun is a reliable source and I'm not sure Rose is a reliable narrator. When I hear from Gabby's parents or LE that BL and GP lived in a condo, I'll believe it. jmo

Yes, this! While these folks have not come forward and most have gone private, to me it was evidence that she did have real life friends. (Not in followers, but the context of the individual posts, photos, and comments themselves.) MOO.
Oh I believe she had real physical friends.
And there is a reason they were physically absent in her recent life.
BL would not allow it for fear that one of them would open her eyes and she'd see the truth about her relationship with BL.
I'm sure we will hear from them in time
MOO

Yes, I still think they should have responded to the Petitos, of course, because that's what any decent human being would do when someone is asking if you know the whereabouts of their child! But it does shift Gabby from their housemate/renter to their son's SO, and I think the relationship (again, not their obligation to respond to the Petito) changes when people live together vs. live across town from one another.
Yes, I totally agree. It definitely changes a relationship. It changes the dynamic, imho.
I have felt that BL wanted Gabby all to himself and to isolate her. As they traveled on with time and the isolation of the places they visited, he became unwilling or unable to control his violent tendencies with her. The more he chipped away at her self esteem and made her more dependent on him, the more empowered and abusive he became, IMHO.
If at this point she stood up for herself in any way, he would become very enraged because he thought he had her under his control. I think the police getting involved changed the entire narrative. IT may have also been the loss of the condo.
But he felt, imo, somehow he was losing control over her.
The most dangerous time is when you try to leave. Jmo

The reach of Gabby Petito’s case goes far beyond her communities in New York and Florida. In fact, the case has attracted the attention of criminal justice professionals, media, and internet sleuths alike. In this digital age and with Gabby’s dreams of becoming a top “van life” vlogger, onlookers continue combing through her public profiles in the hopes that they may contain a sliver of information leading to the discovery of Brian Laundrie’s whereabouts.

While some are quick to discredit the entirety of the “internet sleuth” community, it’s worth noting what they’ve done for the case so far. In the days following the filing of Gabby Petito’s Official Missing Persons report, a YouTuber family recognized her van in the background of their footage during their routine editing session. This tip ultimately led officials to find her body near the exact scene from the video lead.

Now, a newly surfaced video from a tourist at Zion National Park seems to capture the couple holding hands weeks before her homicide.
Gabby Petito Case: Internet Sleuths Claim Tourist's Video Showed Her 'Holding Hands' With Brian Laundrie at Zion National Park
eta:

Brian Laundrie posted this photo of himself and Gabby Petito at Emerald Pool Hike Zion National Park on Instagram July 16.
Brian Laundrie (@bizarre_design_)/Instagram
New details emerge about Brian Laundrie's behavior in the days after Petito went missing

Last edited:
Justice yes. Vengeance absolutely not.

The protesters don't even personally know Gabby's family. How is it their right to exact vengeance?

I'm appalled that people still think this way, in this day and age.
The irony of a bunch of uncivilized people protesting the perceived uncivilized behavior of other people does not escape me. Oy.

Agree, It's not IMO a home anyone in their 20's, would decorate like that. It's very overdecorated, like someone who had to downsize to become a snowbird, and brought as much as they could stuff in a condo with them. It's too much stuff for minimalists, a heavy dark look to everything, a bajilliion knick knacks, so I'm with you. The only thing missing is the crotched doll that covers the extra toilet paper roll! I didn't spend but a minute looking at the pics and felt overwhelmed with the decor. JMO.

It's possible that GP and BL lived there temporarily until June when they left for GP's brother's graduation in NY and then onto their van life trip. The condo might have been furnished for the next seller to rent it out, and GP and BL may have just brought a few personal things while living there, as they were rarely there due to fixing up van, etc. I have had to rent condos on a short term basos in other cities related to work, and usually if a furnished place then I just put the decor that I find really doesn't suit my taste in a closet or other place until I move out, and then put it all back together for the owner for her next renter. I've never taken down the curtains, that would be too much for short term, just learned to live with some things, as long as they were clean. I've done this on a few occasions over the years. And brought with me some personal items to make it feel like home for that short time. So I can see GP and BL doing something like this, and then when they left, the Laundries returning the furnishings and decor to their earlier state and taking the pictures.

This is probably covered somewhere and is off-topic at the moment....but I can't really find the answer and it's been bothering me for ages. Did the van have a sleeping surface so that Gabby could spend the night locked inside when they were separated at Arches? Or was the van strictly a means of transporting themselves and their things, so they were required to tent camp every night? I'm getting at Gabby's fear of being left alone that night (as well as the reason for a hotel during week he went to Florida.)

Seemed to have a bed. Look at their Van Life Beginning Our Journey on YT. About 7:35 min in.

IIRC, one of the photos of the inside of the van when it was all neatened up for social media appeared to show some sort of bed or similar area that one could sleep on if it wasn't covered with other stuff. I don't have a link right now but maybe someone else does.

JMO

Sometimes. This last year and a half challenged that notion in ways society never expected.
I think I know what you mean, but that's why I said "true", just because if you learn that someone you thought of as a friend has a totally opposing take on what is important in life than you do, then you likely never knew each other to begin with. You were acquaintances, not friends. Or, relatives, but not friends. jmo

IIRC, one of the photos of the inside of the van when it was all neatened up for social media appeared to show some sort of bed or similar area that one could sleep on if it wasn't covered with other stuff. I don't have a link right now but maybe someone else does.

JMO

Can anyone provide a link to BL's social media page that shows the process of the van being outfitted for vanlife? I've seen reference to it but haven't found it.

Those photos may show whether or not there was room to sleep, and they might show where the modifications were being done (Venice vs North Port vs Long Island...or a little of each.)

I think I know what you mean, but that's why I said "true", just because if you learn that someone you thought of as a friend has a totally opposing take on what is important in life than you do, then you likely never knew each other to begin with. You were acquaintances, not friends. Or, relatives, but not friends. jmo
True, not to mention families that have been torn apart. It has been a very stressful time, these past few years. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53