AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly O/T, but this childs' case Brittany-Lynn-Locklear.aspx popped into my head immediately upon hearing about Summer. I see it is back in the news right now. Obviously there are differences, but there are also similarities.

I hate thinking that the perpetrators of these types of crimes are still out there, free to harm again. :(

My heart just broke. We must find Summer, we must. These 'people' are out there harming the little ones, we cannot let this go without an outrage. Every child matters and no one has the right to "harm them". For a start, the system must stop releasing certain criminals from prison.

Slightly O/T, but this childs' case Brittany-Lynn-Locklear.aspx popped into my head immediately upon hearing about Summer. I see it is back in the news right now. Obviously there are differences, but there are also similarities.

I hate thinking that the perpetrators of these types of crimes are still out there, free to harm again. :(

My heart just broke. We must find Summer, we must. These 'people' are out there harming the little ones, we cannot let this go without an outrage. Every child matters and no one has the right to "harm them". For a start, the system must stop releasing certain criminals from prison.

I am gutted.

My heart breaks for the innocents.

JMO

"The family of Summer Wells, 5 years old, created a YouTube channel on Oct. 11 where they posted five videos about the ongoing search for her."

[...]

"In a video posted Thursday, the family said that they are "under a contractual agreement" that says they can't speak about a trip they took. The video also says they will be able to make a statement within two weeks, and clarifies that the statement would be about finding Summer Wells."

Parents of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells create YouTube channel | wbir.com
I suppose that “contractual agreement” would be the trip to see Dr. Phil but why wait two weeks to put out a statement about finding Summer?

The Don Wells Family Official YouTube channel is approved:
https://youtube.com/channel/UCAjie1lQ-99-VVsM7PhyCIw

Description:
This is the official Youtube channel of the Don Wells Family. Thank You for helping us to find our Daughter, Summer Moon-Utah Wells.
I don't understand the point of the family's new YT channel; their videos are between 6 and 50 seconds long and don't seem to be very informative. The videos are more like FB posts or Tweets.

Am I missing something?

I suppose that “contractual agreement” would be the trip to see Dr. Phil but why wait two weeks to put out a statement about finding Summer?

Just a guess, I would think the Dr Phil show would want complete control over the announcement or advertising of the upcoming show. Complete control.

I don't think the Wells would have to wait two weeks to put out a statement they want to find Summer, the Wells were probably asked if this was about finding Summer. MOO

I'm glad their youtube channel is approved. The yt channel may be an indication that the Wells are getting advice on the best avenue to keep Summer's name out there.

Who knows, but maybe where "we" are confused about the timelines and such, the Wells will be able to clarify.

I don't understand the point of the family's new YT channel; their videos are between 6 and 50 seconds long and don't seem to be very informative. The videos are more like FB posts or Tweets.

Am I missing something?
You are not missing a thing @MsMarple . I doubt anyone understands the point of anything this family has done. It's just The W's being The W's. MOO.

My question is if Candus declines to participate on the Dr. Phil show will Phil only interview Don? If so then I don't see how the timeline can be tightened up or any information confirmed since Don wasn't even there.

And of course question number 2 is will grandmother Candus appear on the show?

My question is if Candus declines to participate on the Dr. Phil show will Phil only interview Don? If so then I don't see how the timeline can be tightened up or any information confirmed since Don wasn't even there.

And of course question number 2 is will grandmother Candus appear on the show?

What makes you think CW might have/had declined to participate on the Dr. Phil episode/show?

Also, does anyone know if those tapings are always aired? or are there specific circumstances that might prevent a TV show like that from being aired due to LE-related issues and/or active or change-in-case status? I don't know much about how that end of TV/media works.....

Am I missing something?

This is what I think is going on, possibly. Maybe someone is working with them how to better present themselves to the public. The short videos are possibly the Wells becoming familiar with how the yt channels work. This also would give them some control in keeping the focus on finding Summer on this channel, dedicated to finding Summer.

I would not be surprised as time goes by, the videos become longer and more information is added. I hope that is the path their YT channel takes. Other issues the family is having can be explored elsewhere.

What makes you think CW might have/had declined to participate on the Dr. Phil episode/show?

Also, does anyone know if those tapings are always aired? or are there specific circumstances that might prevent a TV show like that from being aired due to LE-related issues and/or active or change-in-case status? I don't know much about how that end of TV/media works.....

Pretty sure that’s a First Amendment (freedom of the press) issue - LE can’t just order a person/company to be quiet absent a court order. JMO.

Last edited:

I was wondering if Candus will/did participate in the Dr. Phil show since she has declined to be interviewed by anyone else (that I know of) after the two Interview Room channel interviews with Chris Mc. - assuming anyone has asked. All I know is that she's been silent since then while DW continued to be very vocal.

Maybe she feels safer with someone like Dr. Phil - I don't know, I just get the feeling she's not eager to be in front of a camera any more.

Am I missing something?
The purpose is fairly evident. All videos, regardless of length, help keep the case in the public eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member