Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I like sparkly things, I'd like to know if her ring is missing, too. Chances are very good the diamond had a serial number and chances are good it was insured, which would mean an independent valuation and pictures, measurements, detailed description. I find it very interesting that BM was speculating with silver and gold investments, as revealed by the AA.

I think if he lost the ring, he'd be scrambling to find it and in a panic, because that diamond is going to show it belonged to Suzanne.

Of course, this is my speculation based on BM buying the ring in a normal manner, like going to a jeweler, not trading it in some kind of deal, or through a sketchy transaction. Also assuming it is a real diamond. I'm also guessing, that ring is not with Suzanne. She may not have even been wearing it at time she went missing, considering the "I'm done" text.

If she wasn't regularly wearing it, where is it?

all MOO

Because I like sparkly things, I'd like to know if her ring is missing, too. Chances are very good the diamond had a serial number and chances are good it was insured, which would mean an independent valuation and pictures, measurements, detailed description. I find it very interesting that BM was speculating with silver and gold investments, as revealed by the AA.

I think if he lost the ring, he'd be scrambling to find it and in a panic, because that diamond is going to show it belonged to Suzanne.

Of course, this is my speculation based on BM buying the ring in a normal manner, like going to a jeweler, not trading it in some kind of deal, or through a sketchy transaction. Also assuming it is a real diamond. I'm also guessing, that ring is not with Suzanne. She may not have even been wearing it at time she went missing, considering the "I'm done" text.

If she wasn't regularly wearing it, where is it?

all MOO

I just did a stupid amount of reading about diamond grading. Holy crap what a mine field! Only GIA graded diamonds have serial numbers. There is another big firm that grades diamonds and they don't track theirs. Apparently there are even more shady diamonds getting into retail than you would think as it's common for the shady types to sell "house graded" diamonds. I live in the only state in the union that grows diamonds, so I know a little about the stones themselves, but I am SO glad that Crater of Diamonds is a state park because the whole industry is just shady.

Back from my ramble, GIA graded diamonds are more expensive and Barry is a self-described cheapskate. As long as it's big enough and sparkly enough, that's all he would care about.

I think she was probably still wearing the ring. A ring is hard to take off when you've been wearing it for a long time and hers had been there 30+ years. Occasionally I still 'miss' my engagement ring and it hasn't been on the right in a few years. Turning my ring is one of my fidgets, though.

Although, if she took off her wedding set on Friday and didn't put it back on, that might have been Barry's last straw.

Note to any future fiancées of BM, before you show it to your friends, you might want to bring your new ring right to LE. IT MIGHT BE EVIDENCE. New ring, old diamond. It's not impossible.

JMO

I just did a stupid amount of reading about diamond grading. Holy crap what a mine field! Only GIA graded diamonds have serial numbers. There is another big firm that grades diamonds and they don't track theirs. Apparently there are even more shady diamonds getting into retail than you would think as it's common for the shady types to sell "house graded" diamonds. I live in the only state in the union that grows diamonds, so I know a little about the stones themselves, but I am SO glad that Crater of Diamonds is a state park because the whole industry is just shady.

Back from my ramble, GIA graded diamonds are more expensive and Barry is a self-described cheapskate. As long as it's big enough and sparkly enough, that's all he would care about.

I think she was probably still wearing the ring. A ring is hard to take off when you've been wearing it for a long time and hers had been there 30+ years. Occasionally I still 'miss' my engagement ring and it hasn't been on the right in a few years. Turning my ring is one of my fidgets, though.

Although, if she took off her wedding set on Friday and didn't put it back on, that might have been Barry's last straw.

I don't think that was her original engagement ring. I think that was a milestone present type of ring. But that's only MOO. I do think, cheapskate he is, BM would have insured a ring that size because he could always claim the loss down the road. He might see it as an investment, since we know he was speculating in precious metals. Also a very dodgy area, imo.

Who knows, we're discussing that ring and given what we've learned about BM it's probably a very nice fake anyway and all our speculation is for naught! :rolleyes:

Just struck me --

The two vehicle tipsters --

Hmmmm.

Are we looking at it wrong?

Try this: if one or both of them were in the area that day, and aware they may have been seen in the area, called the tip in as a preemptive move? Presplain and diversion. An attempt to get LE focused on a car and not on the fat coincidence that the two of them happened to be in the area. "Don't look here, look there." I'm not challenging the credibility of one reporter, but I think we can fairly challenge the other, as she hasn't been forthright regarding her involvement with BM.

Why was she in the area? Did BM need her to retrieve something from PP that day too?

JMO

Just struck me --

Hmmmm.

Try this: if one or both of them were in the area that day, and aware they may have been seen in the area, called the tip in as a preemptive move? Presplain and diversion. An attempt to get LE focused on a car and not on the fat coincidence that the two of them happened to be in the area. "Don't look here, look there." I'm not challenging the credibility of one reporter, but I think we can fairly challenge the other, as she hasn't been forthright regarding her involvement with BM.

Why was she in the area? Did BM need her to retrieve something from PP that day too?

JMO

Or spying on SM or maybe leaving a dart handy?

speculation

It's like deja vulnerable.

Where have we heard of a mystery miss, nurse turned cleaning lady? Ah, yes, KK.

Except KK had to drive all the way from another state.

If I could ask SD just one question, I'd ask just which house she was cleaning, and on Mother's Day. It seems there are only 3.5 from which to choose.

It's a fair question.

Anybody who was in the general area of PP on MDW should expect a fair audit --

JMO

I don't think that was her original engagement ring. I think that was a milestone present type of ring. But that's only MOO. I do think, cheapskate he is, BM would have insured a ring that size because he could always claim the loss down the road. He might see it as an investment, since we know he was speculating in precious metals. Also a very dodgy area, imo.

Who knows, we're discussing that ring and given what we've learned about BM it's probably a very nice fake anyway and all our speculation is for naught! :rolleyes:

Knowing what we know about Barry, he put a down payment on the real deal...took it and had it insured, had a knockoff made and returned the original and presented the knockoff to his wife with crocodile tears in his eyes, while professing his undying love...because you know, everybody does it :)

Chances are, he did not buy it at Tiffany’s, but Suzanne was an advertisement, too. A beautiful, polished woman. Like their FB photos. So even if he bought it secondhand, it is probably natural, and GIA-graded. Jewellery insurance can be in the house, or insured with Jewellery Mutual.

It's like deja vulnerable.

Where have we heard of a mystery miss, nurse turned cleaning lady? Ah, yes, KK.

Except KK had to drive all the way from another state.

If I could ask SD just one question, I'd ask just which house she was cleaning, and on Mother's Day. It seems there are only 3.5 from which to choose.

It's a fair question.

Anybody who was in the general area of PP on MDW should expect a fair audit --

JMO

As it was Mother's Day, I would hope she had the day off. :p

The FBI doesn't think she was involved in the disappearing of Suzanne and Barry had plenty of motive without a girlfriend. Suzanne was going and she was taking her money. I don't know why she called in a suspicious vehicle if she didn't know Barry. Maybe they only talked online for the first months?

Just struck me --

Hmmmm.

JMO
I'll share your aha moment, makes a ton of sense in regards to SD. Not so much in terms of her ex though and he was the one I remember saying it? I just can't shake my dislike for her, and I do suspect she at least make have helped him after the fact in some form or fashion. Will she come to her senses before trial? The way he blathers, I'm sure he's said something incriminating to her.

Just struck me --

Hmmmm.

JMO

Good and interesting thought. I was thinking not to long ago that it may not be a bad idea to search SD's house. Still don't understand why someone would pay her rent and not live there, he does not seem like the overly generous type. It doesn't appear she is living there either. When did he start paying rent for her place, has she moved much?

I've been thinking about Jeff Lindsey's abrupt departure from Linda Stanley's office after only 9 months. He's the real deal as a prosecutor, and this has to be a blow to the Morphew case whatever she says.

IMO, there's a sign that he lost confidence in her judgment. Her comment on his departure was, "We wish we had the opportunity to resolve any issues he may have had," This, and the brevity of his stay, suggests to me that he decided to leave for very serious reasons that he felt Stanley could not remedy.

I have never had confidence in Stanley as a top prosecutor. It appears from her history that she has never tried a felony case, let alone a no-body murder. If she has been interfering in Lindsey's management of the case, it does not bode well for the prosecution. MOO.

I've been thinking about Jeff Lindsey's abrupt departure from Linda Stanley's office after only 9 months. He's the real deal as a prosecutor, and this has to be a blow to the Morphew case whatever she says.

IMO, there's a sign that he lost confidence in her judgment. Her comment on his departure was, "We wish we had the opportunity to resolve any issues he may have had," This, and the brevity of his stay, suggests to me that he decided to leave for very serious reasons that he felt Stanley could not remedy.

I have never had confidence in Stanley as a top prosecutor. It appears from her history that she has never tried a felony case, let alone a no-body murder. If she has been interfering in Lindsey's management of the case, it does not bode well for the prosecution. MOO.

It may be that Jeff L. was just not a good fit with the new DA. He was fired in January by Michael Allen in the 4th District.

One of Allen’s first moves as DA was to fire longtime prosecutor Jeff Lindsey, who in 2017 received the Colorado District Attorney’s Council with the Outstanding Faculty Award and was named Trainer of the Year. “When I’m evaluating who’s going to be really good for a leadership position in my administration,” says Allen, “especially a high-level leadership position like a chief deputy district attorney — which is what Jeff had — it’s going to be somebody that I know I can trust, is going to be doing the right things for the community, and have their eyes firmly affixed on what our mission is in the office. They’ve got to have merit, they’ve got to have the right experience, they’ve got to have leadership qualities, and they’ve got to want to do what is required of leadership.”

Michael Allen takes the reins in the 4th Judicial District

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member