Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who’s just joined recently, there is a side thread https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-topic-side-chat.594359/page-13#post-17200206 which is for us to go and chat about anything off topic, share music etc.
It’s been a great idea and somewhere to de-stress when any upsetting news etc had happened. Just thought I’d share as I notice a few new people had joined.

I was completely unaware of that thread! How was anyone supposed to know it was there?

Could I ask, do you know if it would it be usual for Police to go to the known place of residence in the first instance to carry out the welfare check?
Is that automatically the first place they would check, even if they had been informed the person/s were last known to be elsewhere?
Considering the person's last known abode was the van, and the owner of the van was the missing person and the missing person's van was parked outside a particular address, it doesn't seem unreasonable.
In this case the missing person's travelling companion was not returning calls and neither were his parents, it doesn't seem unreasonable either.

Considering LE may well already have received info on the Moab DV stop report, makes it less unreasonable they should go there.

I was completely unaware of that thread! How was anyone supposed to know it was there?
It’s been announced on thread by OP before. New members have joined the discussion since so it’s a good idea to offer the thread up again at each new thread. I just glad you know about it now. I hope you’ll join us for a sanity breather.

The last two pages here show the two incidents at the Laundries on 9/10. It does show the times the officer arrived. I wonder how these times line up with the 911 calls. That might tell us how serious the 911 call sounded or how serious NPPD took the call.
https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/10/14/4343_Wabasso_9_1_to_10_8_Redacted.pdf

Ok, so looking a little into the reports you shared, they all have a priority level, most of them are priority 5. On a couple of occasions level 4 but nothing extraordinary. On the first report dated 10/09 15:58 it was a public service call from the house with a level 5 priority, however the next call that same day at 18:29 ( also a public service call) is a Priority Level 2… I’m not sure if I’m even reading this right and that means that that call was pretty serious. The only other time we see a Priority Level 2 call is on 09/17 at 18:47 when a call was placed to report Brian missing. Three calls were placed that day to LE BEFORE Brian was reported missing, all pretty regular “no action needed” level 5 calls. So to answer your question JMOO it seems like one of the calls on 09/10 was pretty important. If anyone understands these reports a heck of a lot better than me please correct me as my info is very amateur and based on looking through each report and specific days we know things happened, police visits, disturbance calls etc.

This is my very first post -- please go easy on me.
I keep circling back to:
  • 9/11 NPPD welfare check, Laundries give real estate lawyer SB card/info to PD (so Laundries had lawyer SB filled in prior to 9/11 welfare check?)
  • 9/13 BL run with only his backpack (doubtful) Also SB later claims he spoke with BL this day.
  • Cassie took her kids to Disney Orlando (nothing unusual?). MOO BL sheltered in Orlando while making other plans?
  • 9/23 RL+CL pack huge tote (lunch or asset transfers?) for Orlando trip to see SB (Sarasota+Tampa both much closer. Why Orlando?) MOO L's signed a ghost lawyer this day who's waiting in wings and said bye to BL. Library visit was distraction while BL entered SB office?
  • 10/3 Laundries' backyard garden visit knowing their every move makes the news. (Are L's messaging BL in plain sight? Garden City mean anything/anyone to BL?)
There are other ?s I have <modsnip>

I'm hardwired for fairness -- a fair shake, a fair deal, a fair fight -- I don't believe Gabby got those from BL. Let's hope he is found so he can get a fair trial.
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Marissa Zdazinsky in front of the Laundrie's.

"I'm here for Gabby, not you"

Yeah course you are Molly :rolleyes:.

North Port police pay visit to protestors outside Brian Laundrie's parents' house | Daily Mail Online
What exactly are they "protesting? Does anyone know? Do they know? How about protesting at the police department. As Loathsome as the parents are to people, they have a right to live on their property peacefully and to not be harassed and intimidated by perpetual protesters and all their paraphernalia . They shouldn't have to hide or move. I don't like them, but I recognize their rights. jmo

What I don't understand is that if the L's planned to sell the condo after G&B went off on their trip, why didn't they clear out their stuff at the time? Were they really planning to have BL fly back at his expense to move the stuff mid-van trip? If they had room for it at their house in August, they had room for it in June. Also, if it was just stuff in the storage locker at the condo, I think CL was perfectly capable of moving it or hiring someone to move it at very little expense compared to a round trip air ticket, and a week's stay at the Fairfield in SLC. According to the lawyer, paid for by Gabby and Brian. If it was more than just storage locker stuff, but basically, everything else in the condo, then their charming lawyer lied, once again. It wasn't to save money, unless B&G were actually paying the parents to store their belongings at the condo. Poor planning on everyone's part. Conclusion? It was a handy excuse for Brian to abort his van trip. So after spending all that money saved up for the trip, he proceeds to go back and kill her, and steal the rest of the money and the van. Meanwhile, where are Gabby's belongings? jmo
I know I posted earlier that I think IMO he may have went back to kill her after she broke up with him. However, it seems that she would have told her parents about this. Could LE be keeping this undercover as part of the investigation? Would they need to keep this from out in the open?

I know that. I practiced law for 25 years. It’s still double hearsay as a matter of fact. It’s just words.

Of course this case is, so far, a travesty. In every way. The criminal absconded from justice under LE’s noses. There is a dead girl he was traveling with. He took her car and money and has been on the run for weeks, still not caught. Do you think it’s a successful outcome so far ?

I mean, if we think like BL thinks, sure it's a successful outcome, for him, so far. But I don't think it will last. Also, do not forget that SB can be called as a witness in this trial. Once BL is arrested and charged with murder, and indicted, and is behind bars where he belongs (IMO), he will get a public defender for an attorney. And LE will have lots of questions for his parents and SB. MOO.

Okay, I tried the WS timeline but her work dates aren't in that one.

This is the best I can find right now & it isn't that helpful, not specific enough but....

Pre Florida move ( iirc, she graduated high school 2017)
- September 2017 to January 2019 Smoke on the Water
hostess and in the kitchen Gabby Petito once lived in Wilmington; friends share memories - WWAY TV
- Spring 2019 she was working at Nole bar, Patchogue
‘Sweet and angelic’ Gabby Petito glows in 2019 video at work in NOLE Café in Patchogue

Post Florida move
- Sometime 2020 GB worked taco bell ( source is Rose Davis) can't find a link with any specific dates nor any link saying 50 hours.
Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: "He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"
- After Taco Bell, a 'smoothie place' * ( Rose is the source again)
'Gabby, who worked last year at Taco Bell and then took a job at a smoothie place, would sometimes join Rose when she was working her job delivering pizza'
- Publix , North Point. No dates but if somebody here is registered this link might have extra details. Pharmacy tech, he's in grocery department
Community mourns Gabby Petito
Publix, North Point. Another co-worker says they were both working there by Feb 2021 but 'left a few months later' Friends of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito speak publicly about their relationship: 'They seem to be pretty in love'

* BL may have also worked at the same smoothie place but can't find the link for that right now. smoothie place/ juice place

I appreciate this. Thank you for it!

Ok, so looking a little into the reports you shared, they all have a priority level, most of them are priority 5. On a couple of occasions level 4 but nothing extraordinary. On the first report dated 10/09 15:58 it was a public service call from the house with a level 5 priority, however the next call that same day at 18:29 ( also a public service call) is a Priority Level 2… I’m not sure if I’m even reading this right and that means that that call was pretty serious. The only other time we see a Priority Level 2 call is on 09/17 at 18:47 when a call was placed to report Brian missing. Three calls were placed that day to LE BEFORE Brian was reported missing, all pretty regular “no action needed” level 5 calls. So to answer your question JMOO it seems like one of the calls on 09/10 was pretty important. If anyone understands these reports a heck of a lot better than me please correct me as my info is very amateur and based on looking through each report and specific days we know things happened, police visits, disturbance calls etc.
Much appreciation for looking into that and I have zero doubt you’re right.

Exactly. People keep forgetting that Gabby's family thought both kids were missing, they never suspected that they weren't together. The L's KNEW that Brian wasn't missing and was home. That in itself told me all we need to know about them. All they had to do was say Brian's home but we don't know what happened, he's not communicating with us - they didn't because they do know what happened. Why would they need to hire an attorney along with their son?? They haven't been charged with anything. JMO

Potential text: "Gabby's not answering our calls, can you call me and let me know if you have heard from them?"

Potential response: "Brian is home, after Gabby and he fought (he has got scratch marks all over the place). Gabby took off with some other people, and left Brian behind, and left him to drive the van home. Brian is distraught."

OR

Potential response: "Brian is home. He killed Gabby and drove back here."

OR

Potential response: Let's call our lawyer, we don't/do know what the heck has gone on here. We'll do whatever he says.

imo

Unfortunately, all we can do is speculate until North Port releases those documents. If ever.

I do believe that they are in this up to their necks and that they have helped their son disappear. But right now, they don't have to say anything. Eventually, they will have to face the music, hopefully within the justice system. jmo

This is my very first post -- please go easy on me.
I keep circling back to:
  • 9/11 NPPD welfare check, Laundries give real estate lawyer SB card/info to PD (so Laundries had lawyer SB filled in prior to 9/11 welfare check?)
  • 9/13 BL run with only his backpack (doubtful) Also SB later claims he spoke with BL this day.
  • Cassie took her kids to Disney Orlando (nothing unusual?). MOO BL sheltered in Orlando while making other plans?
  • 9/23 RL+CL pack huge tote (lunch or asset transfers?) for Orlando trip to see SB (Sarasota+Tampa both much closer. Why Orlando?) MOO L's signed a ghost lawyer this day who's waiting in wings and said bye to BL. Library visit was distraction while BL entered SB office?
  • 10/3 Laundries' backyard garden visit knowing their every move makes the news. (Are L's messaging BL in plain sight? Garden City mean anything/anyone to BL?)
There are other ?s I have <modsnip>

I'm hardwired for fairness -- a fair shake, a fair deal, a fair fight -- I don't believe Gabby got those from BL. Let's hope he is found so he can get a fair trial.
MOO

Wonderful first post, @I'm Nobody!

No, I wasn't kidding.

A welfare check is done when there's a reasonable suspicion a person in a particular house needs help or is dead. Not knowing where GP was doesn't lead to the reasonable suspicion she was at the Laundries. Police action was needed but not disguised as a welfare check to get around the need for warrants. Being scared isn't grounds for a warrantless welfare check if there's no reason to think the person is in a particular location.

JMO
Anybody, including LE, dispatchers, family members, can call it whatever they want. What LE did when they went to the L's is sometimes called a "courtesy call". LE has to consider the totality of the circumstances and the fact that adults are allowed to disappear on their own if they want to. There's no warrant needed to go to someone's house, knock on the door and inquire about someone. The people in the house don't have to open the door or say anything. Only if there is probable cause to believe a crime has been committed may LE go in. They would have to get a warrant or be acting under exigent circumstances with the belief that harm is imminent. IMO, the totality of the circumstances DID lead to a reasonable conclusion that the L residence and the people in it were likely to have an answer. LE was not trying to disguise a welfare check for the purpose of a warrantless search. They did get the answer the P family was looking for: GP was not there. MOO.

Much appreciation for looking into that and I have zero doubt you’re right.

I’d also like to add that the following day almost all calls (3 of them in total) were follow ups/investigation with a Priority Level 4 but then the last call after 8pm stated “agency assist” and this is at level 3, so again something happened there and that is probably around the time (JMOO) Gabby’s parents were officially notified her van was at the residence as was Brian but she was not. :(
EDIT to add link as it got lost in conversation.

https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/10/14/4343_Wabasso_9_1_to_10_8_Redacted.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member