Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of the protesters. However, out of curiosity, what law is NOW being broken that hasn't been with bullhorns in the last couple of weeks? They're not breaking the law. We can't pick and choose when we'd like it to be illegal regardless how obnoxious it may be.

If she's trespassing, she should be charged accordingly. Florida is certainly in the top of a handful of states I wouldn't want to test the owner's Castle Doctrine rights if I'm a protester. She's not from Florida and maybe she's been under a rock for...well...a long time. Obviously, no one has entered the home but it's getting chippy and FL is going to protect the owners

Surely, at some point, it would come down to plain old "disturbing the peace"?

How long is considered 'reasonable' to continue to disturb the peace of all of the residents in the area (including the Laundries)?

I'm not a fan of the protesters. However, out of curiosity, what law is NOW being broken that hasn't been with bullhorns in the last couple of weeks? They're not breaking the law. We can't pick and choose when we'd like it to be illegal regardless how obnoxious it may be.

If she's trespassing, she should be charged accordingly. Florida is certainly in the top of a handful of states I wouldn't want to test the owner's Castle Doctrine rights if I'm a protester. She's not from Florida and maybe she's been under a rock for...well...a long time. Obviously, no one has entered the home but it's getting chippy and FL is going to protect the owners

The bullhorns were told to knock it off by LE a while ago. They are, at a minimum, disturbing the peace and being disorderly. They may also be harassing, trespassing and/or inciting. There is NO excuse for this, imo. The parents aren't even POI's. They are private citizens who are entitled to be left alone in their home. all jmo

Last edited:
I asked a few threads ago why LE had not physically sighted BL on 9/10 during the welfare check and had so hoped this would provide an answer. . To my mind, the L’s could have told LE that BL was NOT going to speak to them till they were blue in the face. Yet I’m left holding firm on the view LE should have SEEN bl at the absolute minimum. The fact that, in the many visits LE made to the L’s house 9/10-11 including taking possession of the van THEY NEVER LAYED EYES ON HIM ONCE, to me at least, he wasn’t there. MOO
You could be right. JP's attorney has said he spoke to North Port police on Sept. 10. LE likely drove by and spotted the van. According to the timeline, on Sept 11, police returned, asked to speak to BL and were handed the attorney's card. I'm not sure who handed LE the attorney's card. But it sure triggered a landslide of suspicion from the U.S. attorney and the FBI. JMO

In case anyone doesn't know,, Disney has underground housing. Utilities and channels... probably cameras galore as well...
Is there a secret city under Walt Disney World?
MOO

And they search for lost children all the time. I read somewhere that they have tools that can change the hair, clothing, etc. on a child's image because that's what kidnappers typically do. I'll see if I can find a link. imo that would be the absolute worst place to hide.

I’d also like to add that the following day almost all calls (3 of them in total) were follow ups/investigation with a Priority Level 4 but then the last call after 8pm stated “agency assist” and this is at level 3, so again something happened there and that is probably around the time (JMOO) Gabby’s parents were officially notified her van was at the residence as was Brian but she was not. :(
EDIT to add link as it got lost in conversation.

https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/10/14/4343_Wabasso_9_1_to_10_8_Redacted.pdf

Obviously, it is redacted so we don't know the specifics. From what I have seen, it sure sounds like the L's love to call the cops when they feel they are aggravated. They even called them on DTBH for simply knocking. Seems they love to use the law when they are annoyed, and have no problem expressing their frustrations, but are zipped when it comes to someone's slain child allegedly by their own son. The hypocrisy is astonishing. JMO

According to BL's parents, he has now been alone in the wilderness for over a month.

Anyone else here watch History Channel's "Alone"? The premise is that survival experts are dropped off alone in a secluded location with only what gear they can carry with them, to see who can last longest at each location without outside assistance.

A few major differences between BL and the "Alone" contestants:
  • Motivation. $500k is a lot of money, but the arrest and trial that BL certainly knows is waiting for him if he's found is probably a greater motivating factor.
  • Food/supplies. While the "Alone" contestants are more restricted in what they can bring, BL may have brought a whole pack full of protein bars, firearms, solar-powered batteries, etc.
  • Outside help. Is BL receiving help from someone? No doubt that would increase the amount of time he'd be able to survive "on his own"
So, on to my observations about how "Alone" contestants handle the first month and beyond and what causes them to "tap out" (and may, at some point, cause BL to slip up or reveal himself as well if he is, indeed, living off the land somewhere on his own)
  • Accidents/injuries - These tend to happen when people are distracted, when they're using their gear improperly, and sometimes just by bad luck. Any sort of cut or burn could easily become infected; even something as small as a twisted ankle could severely hinder your ability to get yourself out of harm's way.
  • Illness - In general, the stress of being in such a survivalist situation would put an incredible strain on your body and its ability to fight off illness, as would the change from your normal diet. Mosquitoes carry all sorts of disease, and in a swampy area, it'd be difficult to remain dry... which brings me to...
  • Fire - Fire is incredibly important to survival -- to stay warm, to stay dry, to cook food, to boil water, to sanitize tools, etc. Twice in various seasons of "Alone," contestants who've lost their fire starter have tapped out, because without fire, wilderness survival is near impossible. And yet keeping a fire would also, in BL's case, be painting a bull's-eye on himself in a place like the Reserve that was closed to the public.
Right around the one-month mark, though, "Alone" becomes less about surviving in the wilderness and more about the mental challenge. Highly motivated contestants start tapping out because they just can't handle the homesickness, the lack of community and social connection in their isolated circumstances, or because the sheer amount of free time with little to do, no one to talk to, and nothing but your own thoughts to ruminate on. Often, contestants experience emotional breakdowns around this time because they just can't handle the solitude. They start examining the deeper questions of why they're there, what they're trying to accomplish, and if it's worth it; they either work through those issues or decide to be done and tap out.

(After that point in the show, for the contestants that can get past that mental hump, it seems a matter of keeping themselves from starvation and exposure, especially as most seasons start in autumn and by the end, they're deep in winter.)

BL, if he is out in the wilderness alone, is now at that one-month mark, and I can't imagine the sort of mental/emotional strain his own thoughts and memories and conscience would be putting him through at this point--24/7, with no one else to talk to or anything else to take his mind off of what he's done--especially if he's struggled with Anxiety in the past.

Because of that, if he is living off the land on his own somewhere, I think he'll slip up, and probably soon, whereas if he's being helped--if he's just sitting in a vacant condo somewhere, living off of DoorDash and escaping into books or movies or video games--I think he'd be able to ward off the stress of isolation significantly better and may not be found yet for some time.

Great post - thank you

How long is considered 'reasonable' to continue to disturb the peace of all of the residents in the area (including the Laundries)?

There are defined laws regarding this. They came and shut down the PA immediately because it violated it.

Look, I'm 100% against the L family and all they stand for or don't stand for , but NO! there was no probable cause to go inside the house without a warrant and wouldn't be able to get a warrant with the current info they had at that time. The L's did not need to explain anything. Declaring "representation" and who declares it is entirely irrelevant. BL did not have to declare anything. Adults are allowed to disappear if they want to. It happens all the time. GP van being there and her not being there doesn't establish probable cause of anything. IMO.
I disagree. If Gabby had already reached the requirements for a welfare check and they discovered she was not there and her vehicle was ~ Then if no logical answers as to why were not provided ~ It should have immediately been escalated to a high enough priority to expedite her as really being endangered or dead. So get the warrant and get it quickly before the only person who can answer the questions (to show she's not in danger) leaves.
How long does it take to expedite a warrant?
I don't see the logic in the lack of immediate concern by LE here. MOOing again.l

From your link ...

During the 2021 Legislative Session, the Florida Legislature passed and Governor DeSantis signed HB 1, an anti-protest law that enhances criminal penalties during certain gatherings and creates new criminal penalties for “mob intimidation”

Okay, I tried the WS timeline but her work dates aren't in that one.

This is the best I can find right now & it isn't that helpful, not specific enough but....

Pre Florida move ( iirc, she graduated high school 2017)
- September 2017 to January 2019 Smoke on the Water
hostess and in the kitchen Gabby Petito once lived in Wilmington; friends share memories - WWAY TV
- Spring 2019 she was working at Nole bar, Patchogue
‘Sweet and angelic’ Gabby Petito glows in 2019 video at work in NOLE Café in Patchogue

Post Florida move
- Sometime 2020 GB worked taco bell ( source is Rose Davis) can't find a link with any specific dates nor any link saying 50 hours.
Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: "He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"
- After Taco Bell, a 'smoothie place' * ( Rose is the source again)
'Gabby, who worked last year at Taco Bell and then took a job at a smoothie place, would sometimes join Rose when she was working her job delivering pizza'
- Publix , North Point. No dates but if somebody here is registered this link might have extra details. Pharmacy tech, he's in grocery department
Community mourns Gabby Petito
Publix, North Point. Another co-worker says they were both working there by Feb 2021 but 'left a few months later' Friends of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito speak publicly about their relationship: 'They seem to be pretty in love'

* BL may have also worked at the same smoothie place but can't find the link for that right now. smoothie place/ juice place

If Gabby was a Pharmacy Tech, that would require a professional license. Florida has an online license lookup/verification (Department of Health) for anyone interested in determining if she held that specific professional license. Ditto, dietician/nutritionist. Inactive and suspended licenses are included.

Obviously, it is redacted so we don't know the specifics. From what I have seen, it sure sounds like the L's love to call the cops when they feel they are aggravated. They even called them on DTBH for simply knocking. Seems they love to use the law when they are annoyed, and have no problem expressing their frustrations, but are zipped when it comes to someone's slain child allegedly by their own son. The hypocrisy is astonishing. JMO

I had seen these reports before but looking through them today I was stunned by just how often they really contact the police, it’s not just phone calls either but emails too. I mean why do they feel the need to call 2, 3, 4 times a day. There are calls most days when the world is silent but there they are calling over the police for what exactly? How can they be so concerned about petty things when there is something much bigger going on in their lives. It’s like they’ve detached from reality.

And they search for lost children all the time. I read somewhere that they have tools that can change the hair, clothing, etc. on a child's image because that's what kidnappers typically do. I'll see if I can find a link. imo that would be the absolute worst place to hide.

I actually gave a traveling Circus a thought…disguised as a clown. I have no idea if they are still a thing.

If she's trespassing, she should be charged accordingly. Florida is certainly in the top of a handful of states I wouldn't want to test the owner's Castle Doctrine rights if I'm a protester. She's not from Florida and maybe she's been under a rock for...well...a long time. Obviously, no one has entered the home but it's getting chippy and FL is going to protect the owners on their own property

I wouldn't blame them a bit for running some electrical bull fence around the inside perimeter of their home, I'd be livid if I lived anywhere near them at this point. People are friggen nuts.

According to BL's parents, he has now been alone in the wilderness for over a month.

Anyone else here watch History Channel's "Alone"? The premise is that survival experts are dropped off alone in a secluded location with only what gear they can carry with them, to see who can last longest at each location without outside assistance.

A few major differences between BL and the "Alone" contestants:
  • Motivation. $500k is a lot of money, but the arrest and trial that BL certainly knows is waiting for him if he's found is probably a greater motivating factor.
  • Food/supplies. While the "Alone" contestants are more restricted in what they can bring, BL may have brought a whole pack full of protein bars, firearms, solar-powered batteries, etc.
  • Outside help. Is BL receiving help from someone? No doubt that would increase the amount of time he'd be able to survive "on his own"
So, on to my observations about how "Alone" contestants handle the first month and beyond and what causes them to "tap out" (and may, at some point, cause BL to slip up or reveal himself as well if he is, indeed, living off the land somewhere on his own)
  • Accidents/injuries - These tend to happen when people are distracted, when they're using their gear improperly, and sometimes just by bad luck. Any sort of cut or burn could easily become infected; even something as small as a twisted ankle could severely hinder your ability to get yourself out of harm's way.
  • Illness - In general, the stress of being in such a survivalist situation would put an incredible strain on your body and its ability to fight off illness, as would the change from your normal diet. Mosquitoes carry all sorts of disease, and in a swampy area, it'd be difficult to remain dry... which brings me to...
  • Fire - Fire is incredibly important to survival -- to stay warm, to stay dry, to cook food, to boil water, to sanitize tools, etc. Twice in various seasons of "Alone," contestants who've lost their fire starter have tapped out, because without fire, wilderness survival is near impossible. And yet keeping a fire would also, in BL's case, be painting a bull's-eye on himself in a place like the Reserve that was closed to the public.
Right around the one-month mark, though, "Alone" becomes less about surviving in the wilderness and more about the mental challenge. Highly motivated contestants start tapping out because they just can't handle the homesickness, the lack of community and social connection in their isolated circumstances, or because the sheer amount of free time with little to do, no one to talk to, and nothing but your own thoughts to ruminate on. Often, contestants experience emotional breakdowns around this time because they just can't handle the solitude. They start examining the deeper questions of why they're there, what they're trying to accomplish, and if it's worth it; they either work through those issues or decide to be done and tap out.

(After that point in the show, for the contestants that can get past that mental hump, it seems a matter of keeping themselves from starvation and exposure, especially as most seasons start in autumn and by the end, they're deep in winter.)

BL, if he is out in the wilderness alone, is now at that one-month mark, and I can't imagine the sort of mental/emotional strain his own thoughts and memories and conscience would be putting him through at this point--24/7, with no one else to talk to or anything else to take his mind off of what he's done--especially if he's struggled with Anxiety in the past.

Because of that, if he is living off the land on his own somewhere, I think he'll slip up, and probably soon, whereas if he's being helped--if he's just sitting in a vacant condo somewhere, living off of DoorDash and escaping into books or movies or video games--I think he'd be able to ward off the stress of isolation significantly better and may not be found yet for some time.
I thought that too. and It is very difficult to navigate, and survive alone. I suspect that is why some believe he either has help, or has died. thanks for that.

I sincerely hope that protestors who are abiding by the law and not trespassing are not charged with disturbing the peace. Protests are meant to be uncomfortable and the First Amendment recognizes that what one may characterize as "unruly" is still protected speech––so long as voice amplification devices like megaphones are being used to get their message across (in this case, to make sure the Laundries can hear what the protestors are saying outside their house) rather than just to cause a disturbance, it is protected speech. While I completely understand how the protestors may be annoying to neighbors, I fully support their right to stand on public property (i.e., the street/sidewalk) and make their views known. Trying to regulate speech solely based on how uncomfortable it makes people is a bad standard, IMO, and is in direct violation of the Supreme Court's interpretation of the First Amendment. MOO.

I actually gave a traveling Circus a thought…disguised as a clown. I have no idea if they are still a thing.

Travelling circus is already in town.
It's at Wabasso every day.

Seriously though, if any FBI or North Point LE had any ambitions to covertly watch the Laundries, from a distance over the last few weeks, to see if they exhibited any further suspicious activity, that's been scuppered seeing as they're basically under siege

Per the other statute, I'm not sure National Forests fall under "territorial jurisdiction." What I"m reading says that it's military bases and national parks and national monuments under the jurisdiction of the Department of the Interior.

Could it be the case that localities defer to the Feds sometimes - and sometimes not? In the Gary Hilton serial murders, those were tried locally, but I did find an example from 2020:

Renton, Washington, man charged federally with murder in Olympic National Forest

National Forest, federal prosecution. I assume the State of Washington had to waive its rights under the code I quoted earlier. I wish I knew for sure!

I wonder what Wyoming will do (given the cross-country nature of all the evidence, my thought is that it would be better tried in Federal Court, District of Wyoming - but I do believe that Teton County has to defer).
I think Teton County has deferred based on cost and expertise. The FBI agent who announced GP's body had been found was nearly in tears. GP has captured America's heart. The entire county has less than 25,000 people and this investigation and trial will be expensive. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname