Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what he's alluding to. That they think he's dead? That is certainly my theory.

Here's the thing: I just can't get over the colossal level of stupid involved here. (In my opinion...) It looks like Brian Laundrie killed his girlfriend on Aug 27. It appears he ran away and then hitchhiked back on Aug 29. The van is parked in the same spot for some 4 days. He leaves her body across the creek from where the van was parked for 4 days, and decides to simply drive home in her van and pretend like nothing happened. I mean, it should be blindingly obvious to anyone who finds oneself in this situation that you do one of two things:

1. Hide her body where nobody will ever find it.

-or-

2. Contact the authorities and explain it was an "accident" or whatever.

Laundrie did neither of these two things and instead did things that are inexplicable. The only logical conclusion I can reach is that he was not in his right mind. He had a van at his disposal and could transport her body practically anywhere. Instead he leaves her near where the van was parked for 4 days. Then he simply drives home to his parents. He visits with his sister. Then he disappears. It really looks to me like in his mind he was seeing them for one last time.

Then we have the really strange thing that CL said. Regarding Brian's flight home, she said something like, "that is what he does when..." and the cut herself off and said that was for the authorities. Hopefully somebody can provide a citation on this.

Anyway, we are not allowed to discuss mental illnesses but there is clearly something going on here in my view.

Cassie Laundrie "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."

https://web.archive.org/web/2021092...family-speaks-sister-breaks-silence/11025914/

Then we have the really strange thing that CL said. Regarding Brian's flight home, she said something like, "that is what he does when..." and the cut herself off and said that was for the authorities. Hopefully somebody can provide a citation on this.

Here's the link to the full transcript: https://web.archive.org/web/2021092...family-speaks-sister-breaks-silence/11025914/

The quote you refer to is slightly different:

"Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."

I always read this as "that's what he did when he came back on the 17th of August...", but the "is" is in the way, you might be on to something here.

GP and BL had an on again/ off again relationship since high school. And according to Rose even when they were together they would fight and GP would go and stay with her from time to time. I don't think it would take much of a explanation from BL for the parents to buy that they had broke up again and she was off staying with a friend or flew back to NY to be with her mom.
I agree. I don't think that he confessed the truth to them, ever, though. jmo

re your comment in bold
Cassie Transcript here ( It's not a great transcript cause it's an auto transcript & there'll be other transcript links) Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie Laundrie breaks silence on Gabby Petito case | ABC Exclusive

Portion of it here
Question: Did you know the van was back and you are …?

Cassie Laundrie : No.

Question: So you didn’t know he came back without the …?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he was home, because that’s what he did when he was – actually, I don’t mean that.

Questioner: No problem. No problem.

Cassie Laundrie: I think it’s more police stuff.

Question: Okay, uh, but is it like his behavior to go on a trip with her and then leave her somewhere like something like that has never been …?

Cassie Laundrie: No, I mean. No, nothing like this has ever happened before.

Question: But I’m saying he doesn’t really have one. Does he like the personality that he would?

Cassie Laundrie: No he’s very uh … he’s very. He always does the right thing, like in the body cam, he cooperates with the police, and he’s a wonderful uncle. He’s always been there when I need him. He’s, I mean, he’s been there whenever Gabby needed him.

Question: So when you saw the video, did it sound like just spit to you or did it sound like your brother, or, you know what I mean, is that right?

Cassie Laundrie: It sounds typical of the two of them, every time they fight they take a little break and come back and be fine, because that’s what you do as a couple – sit together in mountains.
You beat me to it!

Here's the link to the full transcript: ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."

I always read this as "that's what he did when he came back on the 17th of August...", but the "is" is in the way, you might be on to something here.
I found CL saying that VERY ODD! Was he in a VIOLENT MOOD?

I agree. I don't think that he confessed the truth to them, ever, though. jmo

I would be right there with you except for the glaring lack of help in finding GP when she was missing. I can't get past that. I can't come up with any reason they would not help that doesn't make them look like the worst people on the planet, except that they knew that nothing they could add could save her. I am a pretty imaginative dude, I can usually find scenarios to support either side of a question, but I can't come up with one here for putting up with what they had been putting up with just to keep from talking about a break-up.

Here's the link to the full transcript: https://web.archive.org/web/2021092...family-speaks-sister-breaks-silence/11025914/

...when he is... So did this happen on their last cross country trip?

GP and BL had an on again/ off again relationship since high school. And according to Rose even when they were together they would fight and GP would go and stay with her from time to time. I don't think it would take much of a explanation from BL for the parents to buy that they had broke up again and she was off staying with a friend or flew back to NY to be with her mom.
But would that excuse BL parents for not responding to GP parents phone calls and texts. IMO that was inexcusable.

The previous posts is also my theory, and I also believe he told his parents, but not until the calls starting coming in. Up until then, I think he really was keeping an internal pot lid on all that he had done and keeping it buried until he had to face the music when GP's family started calling. Its quite possible that he finally had to confront it and when he did, he went to the swamp and killed himself.

He might have called on the 31th, and said "I am coming home, something terrible happened"...so then his parents rescheduled the de soto trip to include him. Maybe they thought they would have more privacy there, and if a crime was involved it would be a last family get together, saying good to sister, etc. They might have just told CL that Brian and Gabby broke up again with no details.

For the trouble, the couple was comped a one night stay. Only one night?! For that, they should have gotten a week. What an awful experience for that man!

However, it is interesting to hear about the work behind the scenes in the pursuit of capturing BL.

It would have been awful. But 1) the awful experience would not have been the hotel's fault and 2) the hotel may be fully booked and unable to offer a longer stay, paid or unpaid. Leaves are changing for now so mtn hotels tend to be full.

JMO

It's a better transcript
( Re your point ' what he did when he is..'
I mentioned yesterday the point Rose made. Rose said Gabby used the word ' his episodes' which did hint at something along MHealth lines to me
BUT if you scroll a little further down the transcript, was Cassie about to say wtte .....what he did when he is.... on a break from Gabby?)

Here's the bit further down the transcipt
'Cassie Laundrie: It looks typical of both of them, they whenever they fight, they would take a little break and come back and be fine, because that's what you do in a couple - sit there in the mountains together.'

Last edited:
Not sure I see a connection between the Laundrie family and “the mob”-where’s this coming from, and what have I missed?

Nothing IMO; at least nothing in MSM.

Just random blue-skying based on geography, it seems.

OK....this is bugging me. Gabby's mom says she wishes Gabby had reached out to her, if Gabby did not.....WHO was Gabby talking to when she was sitting in the officers car?? Surely Gabby would have been unable to talk on phone without showing she was upset.
Right! It's been bugging me too, and if it wasn't her mum or dad, who did she talk to?

Parents -> SB -> BL would be a path of communication that could be legally protected, however unlikely that seems.

Indeed. Good call!

If the Laundries were communicating with SB via email or telephone from their home, could LE monitor that?

I assume that there is some kind of law or legislation in place that would allow a conversation with a lawyer to be private and confidential?

If so, maybe they're taking advantage of that?

Additionally, could there ever be a scenario whereby LE monitor SB's communication, or again, would he be protected with him being a lawyer under client/lawyer confidentiality?

Apologies if these are stupid questions, I don't know how the law would work in a scenario like this.

MOO

Last edited:
Right! It's been bugging me too, and if it wasn't her mum or dad, who did she talk to?

I was assuming she talked to Rose; or, at least, the last person she had talked to in her call history.

I think at this point we almost have to decide/accept that the very last thing on Gabby's mind was ratting out Brian to her family on any abusive tendencies; thus they'd probably be the last people she called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288