Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree with all of this. I can only really make sense of it all by remembering that we don't know what we don't know. What I DO know is that we know very very little and that seems quite intentional from all sides, and it can assumed that it is for a good reason. What that reason is? I sure don't know but very much hope to find out some day. MOO!

I am going on HUGE limb.....Gabby called Stan, whoever that is/was. And Stan was the voice mails. But, I realize this explanation is more like material for a mystery novel, but who was she calling when she was so upset and crying???

Can someone post again the exact the Stan text please? "Please tell Stan I am getting his voice mails"?? And the date?
Stan is Gabby's grandfather, but she never called him by his first name. So the text asking for "help with Stan" set off an alarm bell with GP's mother, who didn't think the text was actually written her daughter. Implying that BL wrote it instead.

Edit to add link:
‘Odd text’ from Gabby Petito’s phone was first sign something was wrong, mother told investigators

Last edited:
In the event she didn't pay cash for it, I'm wondering who is currently making the payments. Perhaps that's all suspended when a crime takes place.
This is what I thought too, we pay payments each month for our car and it got me wondering about the payments. I have heard before that GP’s dad helped towards it but that could have been for a deposit. IMO

Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls
I actually thought maybe she had called him too. I speculated about it threads ago. I know pretty much nothing about her relationship with her grandpa, but wondered if it’s possible he has a background in law/law enforcement and she was calling him for help for that reason? MOO

ETA: if she left a message and sounded upset, maybe that was why he was calling her and leaving what I assume is multiple messages

I'd noticed this the first time I watched it but never really circled back to it.

At 44:32, the female officer (standing outside the vehicle, with the door shut) says that GP is calling her parents.

At 48:54, (about 4 minutes later) the police officer opens the door to the vehicle, and immediately -- without saying "goodbye" or "hold on" or "give me a minute," GP moves the phone from her ear, sets it in her lap, and starts talking to the officers.

At 49:50, when the officer tells her he'll "let you get back to your parents," he then shuts the door before she can pick up the phone again.

Was there anywhere else in the video that actually shows her talking on the phone? Because there's no indication that I saw on the body cam that she actually got a hold of anyone during the stop.

ETA: It was a Thursday afternoon, so maybe her mom was at work/busy and didn't pick up?

(Including screen shots of those seconds when the officer opens the door)

Good observation! IF she did call her mom, when mom called back she did not mention the fight. By that time she was camping by herself somewhere. But, in hindsight mom would have looked at date of that missed call.

Curious about something. If the parents refused to let LE speak to BL (or said he wasn't at home), why would they (supposedly) provide samples of his clothing for DNA purposes a week or more later? He's an adult, not a minor. Wouldn't that be a violation of his "rights" in some manner? Or perhaps by then they felt he must be deceased and they were trying to help LE locate his body?

In the Casey Anthony case, even though the Pontiac Sunfire allegedly contained evidence, it was eventually returned to George and Cindy Anthony and, although the Anthony's had many offers to buy the Pontiac Sunfire, the Anthony's decided to have it crushed at a salvage yard. So, eventually Gabby's van, regardless of if it contained evidence or not, will be returned to the owner(s) who would be Gabby's parents in this case, unless Gabby had a will that stated otherwise. Casey Anthony's murder trial concluded with her Acquittal on all felony charges and conviction on all misdemeanor charges on July 15, 2011 and she was released on July 17, 2011. The Pontiac Sunfire was returned to the Anthony's and was destroyed on Aug. 19, 2011.
Thank you I wasn’t aware of much of that case I’ve looked into after hearing about it on WS, do you know when it was returned to them? I know you said it was destroyed on the 19th I’m just curious if they received it back before the court case. I also assumed it would go to GP’s family, generally at that age your next of kin is your parents. Would/could it go to BL if he was down as her next of kin? Because they lived together I wonder if he actually was next of kin. All MOO

I'm not sure what he's alluding to. That they think he's dead? That is certainly my theory.

Here's the thing: I just can't get over the colossal level of stupid involved here. (In my opinion...) It looks like Brian Laundrie killed his girlfriend on Aug 27. It appears he ran away and then hitchhiked back on Aug 29. The van is parked in the same spot for some 4 days. He leaves her body across the creek from where the van was parked for 4 days, and decides to simply drive home in her van and pretend like nothing happened. I mean, it should be blindingly obvious to anyone who finds oneself in this situation that you do one of two things:

1. Hide her body where nobody will ever find it.

-or-

2. Contact the authorities and explain it was an "accident" or whatever.

Laundrie did neither of these two things and instead did things that are inexplicable. The only logical conclusion I can reach is that he was not in his right mind. He had a van at his disposal and could transport her body practically anywhere. Instead he leaves her near where the van was parked for 4 days. Then he simply drives home to his parents. He visits with his sister. Then he disappears. It really looks to me like in his mind he was seeing them for one last time.

Then we have the really strange thing that CL said. Regarding Brian's flight home, she said something like, "that is what he does when..." and the cut herself off and said that was for the authorities. Hopefully somebody can provide a citation on this.

Anyway, we are not allowed to discuss mental illnesses but there is clearly something going on here in my view.

I think he left Gabby's body where it was because he didn't anticipate somebody driving by the van, taking a video of it and then remembering it weeks later in order to tip police. That's one of the most stunning aspects of this case.

JMO

This is what I thought too, we pay payments each month for our car and it got me wondering about the payments. I have heard before that GP’s dad helped towards it but that could have been for a deposit. IMO
Things like that are settled at probate. The property will be added as an asset to the estate. If there is a lien holder on the property, the estate can either pay off the lien and retain the property or arrange with the lien holder to turn the property over to them.

I'd noticed this the first time I watched it but never really circled back to it.

At 44:32, the female officer (standing outside the vehicle, with the door shut) says that GP is calling her parents.

At 48:54, (about 4 minutes later) the police officer opens the door to the vehicle, and immediately -- without saying "goodbye" or "hold on" or "give me a minute," GP moves the phone from her ear, sets it in her lap, and starts talking to the officers.

At 49:50, when the officer tells her he'll "let you get back to your parents," he then shuts the door before she can pick up the phone again.

Was there anywhere else in the video that actually shows her talking on the phone? Because there's no indication that I saw on the body cam that she actually got a hold of anyone during the stop.

ETA: It was a Thursday afternoon, so maybe her mom was at work/busy and didn't pick up?

(Including screen shots of those seconds when the officer opens the door)

Those first two were 4 minutes apart. The second one looked like she might have been waiting for an answer and then when LE opened the door she lowered the phone and looked at it and possibly hung up. Its hard to tell if she actually touched it with her left thumb or not. She may not have actually got in contact with anyone and didn't want to just leave a very emotion filled message. Its possible she was trying numbers until someone answered. Which could mean everyone is right. She had her phone and called her mom. Mom didn't answer so people who say her mom didn't know about the stop could be right as well.

Curious about something. If the parents refused to let LE speak to BL (or said he wasn't at home), why would they (supposedly) provide samples of his clothing for DNA purposes a week or more later? He's an adult, not a minor. Wouldn't that be a violation of his "rights" in some manner? Or perhaps by then they felt he must be deceased and they were trying to help LE locate his body?
They were gathering scent samples for his search in the parents reported missing person case. DNA also could have been retrieved by a warrant we haven't seen yet.

Gabby may be listening to voice messages.

She could even have soothing messages that she's sent to herself or are from someone dear to her.

Why would the message sender ask Gabby's mother for help with Stan if Stan was not the grandfather? I am lost. The mother would know who Stan was, right? No other Stans have been mentioned anywhere. JMOO

All speculation, but it would be, to stop whoever was calling.

If Brian sent the text, he wanted the calls to stop, especially on the 27th. I am implying that the Stan using that name, and was not "Stan" Gabby's grandfather.

Maybe only using that name so Brian did not realize Gabby was communicating with someone else.

I am wondering if Gabby had another friend she was in contact with...on the Moab stop and that was who was trying to reach her on the 27th.

OK...I'll stop now. Too complicated. Missing evidence.

Last edited:
What I was getting at was that Stan whoever that was, was not Stan the grandfather. Was someone else Gabby was in touch with. Maybe that was the person Gabby called when sitting in the LE car in Moab. Someone Brian was unaware of.

But if is was Gabby's grandfather, maybe that is who she called during the Moab stop. Still trying to figure out who she called.

And if calls were FROM Stan, why not call him back??
I don't know who Gabby called during the MOAB stop. Maybe I'm missing something here and don't understand the question. If Brian had Gabby's phone and received numerous calls from her grandfather after he knew she was dead, BL would not want to call him back, but might have wanted the calls to stop.

JMO

Brian told Moab police that their goal was to become WWOOFers. I wonder if that is what he is actually doing now?

"It is your responsibility to contact hosts and make arrangements for a WWOOF visit. Please be prepared to contribute four to six hours of organic farming and gardening a day, while receiving meals, accommodations, and a rewarding and educational experience."

There are plenty of the people who live on farms and don't spend much time, if any, watching the news.

There are 1560 host farms in the USA. Look at all the farm with immediate opportunities:
Find a Host | WWOOF USA

He was going to do it in Washington and Oregon, but there are tons of farms all over the US where they would provide accommodations and food in exchange for work and typically the young people that do this move from farm to farm. What better way to stay off the radar and have all your needs met? I certainly hope the FBI is checking WWOOFing Farms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member