Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I agree with you, I don't know that we can definitively use the 29th as the end date for her death. That's just the date BL was seen without her. True, its the most likely date, but it isn't factual. The 27th date we can use if the Merry Piglets sighting is confirmed (which I personally believe to be true).
The 29th is the last day in the time of death window provided by the coroner. So with witness accounts and coroner report, we get Aug 27-29.

I don't know who Gabby called during the MOAB stop. Maybe I'm missing something here and don't understand the question. If Brian had Gabby's phone and received numerous calls from her grandfather after he knew she was dead, BL would not want to call him back, but might have wanted the calls to stop.

JMO
I think if Brian had written that text, he would have/should have known better. And I may be completely wrong.

I remain unconvinced she/they were alone at all times over the course of this trip.

<modsnip>

Or a even just the more humane death sentence or life in prison.

IMO, the weirdness of the Stan text goes in Brian's favor of someone else being involved. After being in a relationship with someone for two years, if Stan called a lot, he would know exactly how to fake a response to her mom about him, he just would. Someone else wouldn't though. My two cents. MOO!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spread Creek is a huge area and the FBI asked for tips. A video is far more credible than someone who thinks they saw the van. The blogger tipped the FBI Saturday night and her body was found on Sunday.

FBI seeks Grand Teton campers who stayed in Spread Creek area, may have seen Gabby Petito, boyfriend | Gephardt Daily

Travel blogger Jenn Bethune's footage of Gabby Petito's van helped cops find her body

Did you miss the part where I said LE was already searching the Spread Creek area. They knew where the van was parked because they were told by more than one witness and they were searching the area for at least 2 days before they found the body. The video was just confirmation of what they already knew. But we can both believe what we want. Its a big world.

What about this:

GP's mom gets text.

GP's mom then might have called Stan and said: "Hey Stan, GP is getting your voicemails, what's up? What do you need help with?"

To which Stan might reply:"What voicemails? I don't need help. That makes no sense. I haven't called her."

Then alarm bells go off.

This right here all day long IMO!!

Brian told Moab police that their goal was to become WWOOFers. I wonder if that is what he is actually doing now?

"It is your responsibility to contact hosts and make arrangements for a WWOOF visit. Please be prepared to contribute four to six hours of organic farming and gardening a day, while receiving meals, accommodations, and a rewarding and educational experience."

There are plenty of the people who live on farms and don't spend much time, if any, watching the news.

There are 1560 host farms in the USA. Look at all the farm with immediate opportunities:
Find a Host | WWOOF USA

He was going to do it in Washington and Oregon, but there are tons of farms all over the US where they would provide accommodations and food in exchange for work and typically the young people that do this move from farm to farm. What better way to stay off the radar and have all your needs met? I certainly hope the FBI is checking WWOOFing Farms!
Credit to the Wwoofers, they have alerts about Brian on nearly every website they have that is public. He would have a hard time hiding there, imo.

I try to steer clear of twitter, but I peek once in while. Yesterday I saw the twitter mob completely tear down someone who supposedly worked with BLs mom and defended RL as a sweet person and saying negative things about GP. She could have been a complete troll and made it all up. I don't know, I didn't want to go to deep into that SS. Its not wise right now to take that sort of position.
I saw that as well and I went to her FB page where the drama continues.

One of the weirdest aspects of this case is the almost complete lack of friends coming forward to speak for or against either GP or BL. Rose is pretty outspoken and I read an article from someone who worked with her in NC who said they had a shared interest in art (I think). But she didn't come across as someone really close to her. And there have been a few statements from people who new them in high school.

But where are the accounts from her ex-boyfriends? Did she ever date anyone else but BL? Or teachers, "GP was a such a treasure to have in the classroom" or "BL was kind of quiet, but he never caused any trouble".
A former boyfriend did offer a tribute to Gabby.
Gabby's ex-boyfriend reveals his heartbreaking last memory of her

The 29th is the last day in the time of death window provided by the coroner. So with witness accounts and coroner report, we get Aug 27-29.

Ahh I see, 3 weeks before the 19th. I would think that date could easily be questioned by defense though when the time frame is so loose that it says 3-4 weeks. Especially if you could get the coroner to say it could be possible that the death could have come after BL had been seen leaving the area. It would be a significant point to fight for. Heck it could even be the reason the corner used that 3 week date in the first place. To put it inside the timeline when BL was still in wyoming.

What about this:

GP's mom gets text.

GP's mom then might have called Stan and said: "Hey Stan, GP is getting your voicemails, what's up? What do you need help with?"

To which Stan might reply:"What voicemails? I don't need help. That makes no sense. I haven't called her."

Then alarm bells go off.

Another reason, I dont think Grandfather Stan is the Stan in the voice mails. Just weird makes no sense.

Gabby’s mother received the text on 8/27. It’s one of the text messages they feel was actually from BL since GB did not call her grandfather “Stan.”

“Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls,”

Cryptic last texts sent from Gabby Petito's phone to her mom, as cops search her hard drive | Daily Mail Online
Jmo

(I’m not a huge fan of daily mail but many of the other articles about the same thing seem to be on more random, smaller websites. They are all pretty much the same as the DM since the text is listed on the warrant.)

edited for better clarity
I dont remember that she thought it was from Brian, but instead that it may not have been from Gabby.....MOO!

All phone calls, text, email, and all other forms of communication between client and attorney is privileged. LE would not be able to access even with a warrant.
Moo..
I think if the conversation is about aiding and abetting a fugitive, it won't be considered privileged by the judge who signed the wiretap order. JMO

Another reason, I dont think Grandfather Stan is the Stan in the voice mails. Just weird makes no sense.

I think whichever way, whether GP was trying to send a message, or BL sent it, this text is key.

Do we have a timestamp on this text? Was it before or after the restaurant?

Really? I heard it as meaning 3-4 weeks. That is, 21-28 days, with the highest probability being in the middle. Because that's how death dates are estimated and there are particular things that can happen around 21 days that give that end date. It's all too morbid to discuss here.

(Edited to add proper facts from the report - you are all correct but the point still stands). At about 3 weeks, there are certain types of evidence that become a kind of clock. There's actually more than one type of evidence that can help provide these windows.

IOW, these are not guesses, but estimates (some things take 3 weeks to happen - perhaps a little longer in a cooler, drier place, so some additional time added).
Agreed.
And in 3-4 weeks a lot of evidence could have been lost.

Her family and LE can be grateful she was found soon enough to still determine the manner of death.
Imo the killer was hoping she'd never be found.

Especially since Gabby referred to herself as "Aunt Gabby" in the postcards to CaL's children.

Could she have called CL? JMO. She seems open and would probably know Brian pretty well despite the age gap and would seem a more appealing option over RL or perhaps even her own family. Someone related to Brian, an adult, someone she could trust without it being someone who wanted to protect either Brian or Gabby (parents). Sorry if it has already been mentioned, trying to read through the whole thread.
MOO.

BINGO. Since Gabby is alive as she leaves Merry Piglets (around 1:30 pm IIRC) and it's probably 45 minutes to Spread Creek, more or less, traffic dependent. They also could have stopped for supplies, we don't know. Gabby was wearing her sweatshirt - I figure it was after 6 pm. Both dads think there was a good spot for a tent right next to where Gabby was found (and IIRC, remnants of a campfire).

BL is the only person known to be with Gabby on that trip, in that place, and for those dates. And he took her phone and/or credit cards.

(edited for focus)

One question - has the ME pinpointed specific dates beyond saying "two to three weeks"? I really heard that as a very loose timeframe, rather than pointing to a precise week.
There are many opinions related to stated time span related to the time of death (TOD) without solid facts to support any of the assumptions, mine included.

I think it gives a lot of room for possibilities that span through September 4th. Again, not AT ALL popular, but in my opinion, cannot be ruled out. Wish it could be.

Again, many thoughts about this, and typical use of terms, but again, who knows? We sure don't just yet. MOO.

There's also a very good theory put forth by a WSer (whose name I am sorry I do not remember) about a very specific WWOOF place - called Cacophony. Home to BL's favorite author. It's a farm, anyway, not sure it's registered as a WWOOF. North of Portland.

I too would hope the FBI is looking in that region...

Cacophony society has nothing to do with WWOOF. I believe original poster was suggesting that BL may be in Portland area due to proximity to wwoof and chuck p ( the author has ties to cacophony society). Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong