GUILTY KY - Fake cop orders strip search, sexual assault of McDonalds employee, 2004

bbmcrae

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Sleuthers-

It's been a long time since I posted, but this really caught my eye. Unbelievable.

bbmcrae

Restaurant Shift Turns Into Nightmare

An Extra Shift at McDonald's Becomes a Terrifying Interrogation

Nov. 10, 2005 — Louise Ogborn was always willing to take on extra shifts at McDonald's in Mount Washington, Ky. Ogborn's mother had health problems and had recently lost her job, so the 18-year-old did whatever she could to help make ends meet...

Ogborn was called into assistant manager Donna Summers' cramped office and told that Summers was on the telephone with a police officer... Summers told Ogborn that the officer on the phone had their store manager on the other line and that he had described her and accused her of stealing a purse from a customer...

Ogborn was told to empty her pockets and surrender her car keys and cell phone, which she did. Then the caller demanded that Summers have Ogborn remove her clothes — even her underwear — leaving her with just a small, dirty apron to cover her naked body.

Summers says she never second-guessed what she was being asked to do, as she firmly believed the person she was talking to was a police officer. Ogborn says she trusted her manager to do what was right.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1297922&page=1

I remember when this story first came out. I am glad they caught up with the guy. He is a sick sadist, IMO. He got off on the remote control of others and inflicting the degradation.
What gets me about the whole story though is the lack of common sense of the employees. An unknown man calls claiming to be a police officer and demands that they strip search an employee, and they just do it? And the manager wasn't a kid! When she was unable to continue, she calls her finance in to do it? Do these people have no common sense?

mysteriew said:
I remember when this story first came out. I am glad they caught up with the guy. He is a sick sadist, IMO. He got off on the remote control of others and inflicting the degradation.
What gets me about the whole story though is the lack of common sense of the employees. An unknown man calls claiming to be a police officer and demands that they strip search an employee, and they just do it? And the manager wasn't a kid! When she was unable to continue, she calls her finance in to do it? Do these people have no common sense?
I don't understand why she complied??? Why didn't the manager say she's not doing anything until a squad car shows up? Wasn't she the least bit suspicious? What an idiot! That poor girl, I feel so bad for her!!!
Gosh even though I have boys they were always instructed by me NOT to answer questions by police or school officials or submit to searches of their person or vehicle unless I was PRESENT! Sad to say, but I don't trust the police. If they are stopped by the police, I'm only a cell phone call away. I did have an incident where police searched my car without his permssion when my son (16 at the time) was stopped and boy were they surprised when I showed up!!! He was cuffed sitting on the curb for a traffic stop!!?? I saw them going through my car and I tore right into them. There wasn't a d*mn thing they could say. They gave some lame excuse for pulling him over, "failure to come to a complete stop". Well it was residential intersection with NO signage. Right after that I went straight to the police station to file a complalint.

That McDonalds is sooooo sued.

As to the brain capacity of managers, I once got reamed out by a manager because a customer in the bookstore I worked at came up and complained to her because I had tld him to leave the store. I tried to tell her my side of the story--the guy was inappropriately fondling himself while looking at the men's magaizines--but she didn;t believe me--until one of the OTHER workers came up and said "What, you mean the guy who was playing with himself?" So much for expecting managers to have any real sense.

How far did it go? I watched the video on cnn.com, but I had the volume turned way down (kids were in the room playing video games).

I, too, don't understand why the girl would comply. Surely even a 16yo would know that your boss doesn't have the power/right to have strip, jump around, etc. Didn't this go on for something like 2 hours? Was she threatened in any way???

Mr. E said:
How far did it go? I watched the video on cnn.com, but I had the volume turned way down (kids were in the room playing video games).

I, too, don't understand why the girl would comply. Surely even a 16yo would know that your boss doesn't have the power/right to have strip, jump around, etc. Didn't this go on for something like 2 hours? Was she threatened in any way???
The girl is the victim here, though. Her boss should have never subjected her to that.

I'm a little confused about the who's who in this scenario.

16yo -- victim; doing what she was told at work
hoax caller on phone -- sick b*st*ard who started it all
male employee (somebody's fiance -- possibly female manager) -- possible accomplice? He was the one, wasn't he, who watched the girl do all kinds of things (naked) in the office?
female manager -- was she in on it? did she leave the male in there unsupervised with a naked teen girl because she's just stupid, or did she know what was going on?

I find it hard to believe anybody could be so stupid (I'm talking about the female manager here). Surely she knew that no police officer would have a civilian strip and search a suspect like that. Surely she knew that there was no reason for this young teen girl to be naked and doing the horrible things she was doing. I think she might have been "in on it."

I recorded Primetime when this story aired and just got around to watching it yesterday. I was horrified!!! That poor girl. :(

SimonSays said:
I recorded Primetime when this story aired and just got around to watching it yesterday. I was horrified!!! That poor girl. :(
I just couldn't get over how smug the female manager acted! It not her fault, a policeman told her to do those things! I wonder if she ever apologized to the girl.

H0NEYWEST said:
I just couldn't get over how smug the female manager acted! It not her fault, a policeman told her to do those things! I would if she ever apologized to the girl.

There are certain things you don't do, even if a policeman asks you too. And how did she even "know" he was a policeman? (he wasn't). Did she ask to see his badge, did she get his badge number? Did she even see his uniform? Of course not, he was on the phone! :doh: McDonald's really hired a winner when they hired her!

Exactly! Common sense just never kicked in!! I was appalled when in the video the poor girl tried to get help from the manager, you could see the desperation in her body language, putting her head on that woman's shoulder... and that stupid b* says the girl never asked for help and she didn't know what was going on. She must think the rest of the world is as stupid as she is... and is if a police officer is going to tell someone to beat & sodomize someone. :furious:

I remember this story BUzz. The whole thing was just unbelievable.

Drats, Buzz, I thought you won something.
YOu have got to read the story it was crazy!

SHEPHERDSVILLE, Ky. - A jury awarded $6.1 million Friday to a woman who was forced to strip for a search in a McDonald's back office after someone called the restaurant posing as a police officer reporting a theft.
Louise Ogborn, who was 18 during the 3 1/2-hour ordeal, was forced to undress and perform sexual acts with the boyfriend of a former assistant manager at the restaurant while the man was on the phone with the bogus caller, according to a surveillance video shown to jurors during the four-week trial

Ugh, this case was/is disturbing. The one guy who should have been punished for starting this is acquitted. I'm glad the fiance is getting jail time, but I think he may have deserved more. Thank god for that maintenance worker, I think it was, who had enough common sense to realize this was wrong.

YOu have got to read the story it was crazy!

SHEPHERDSVILLE, Ky. - A jury awarded $6.1 million Friday to a woman who was forced to strip for a search in a McDonald's back office after someone called the restaurant posing as a police officer reporting a theft.
Louise Ogborn, who was 18 during the 3 1/2-hour ordeal, was forced to undress and perform sexual acts with the boyfriend of a former assistant manager at the restaurant while the man was on the phone with the bogus caller, according to a surveillance video shown to jurors during the four-week trial

ONe article mentions "sex acts", the other in Australia doesn't. That's an awful story and she deserves every bit of several million - and of course the lawyer has to get his half - he he.

Gee, the level of depravity that some people sink to never ceases to amaze me. I have to only hope neither of my children will ever find themselves in such a situation, or worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back