Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE BL's fingerprints.

I'd think the phone they confiscated would have good examples of BL's fingerprints on it. Much better than a steering wheel, skateboard, guitar, or misc surfaces in the van. Art supplies would be a good one, though, as another WSer pointed out.

Just amateur speculation and MOO....

The first article I red on the matter mention that LE had to use the couple’s WiFi to run the prints. JMO
I’ll go look for the article
Thank you someone did post it a few pages back. I saw BE reporting it but 2 article I found Fox, and Daily Mail I think did not mention it. I was wondering if BE was mistaken. Clearly he is not. Thank you!

You can see the holes in the logs. And I've seen people do it near there - and when I read the rules, I realized. it meets all the rules.

The NF webpage says, "TARGET PRACTICE IS WELCOME" and then tells how to do it in just such a spot, Arrows too.

I've already posted the instructions on how to do it - and you can see bullet holes in the downed trees...it's legal and people do it.

If you've camped in the region these types of holes are common on logs, they're caused by bugs like the Mountain Pine Beetle and other boring insects.

A backpack would be a good container for him to fill it with rocks to weigh his body down in the murky, gator-infested waters. With a waist/hip strap and a sternum strap it wouldn't come off for a LONG time. Just MOO.
IMO, him running back to Mommy and Daddy for help with his problem and them, naturally helping him, wouldn’t imply to me that he was going to kill himself and they certainly weren’t going to let that happen. The last thing he would do is load a backpack with rocks to drown himself and get eaten by alligators. If he owned a gun, he’d have shot himself when he got home. IMO

Just saw this from the Patchogue Patch, the local newspaper covering much of LI, NY.

Laundrie: Marshals Ambush Look-Alike On Trail; Dad Sued For $40
U.S. marshals drew their guns on a Laundrie look-alike along the Appalachian Trail. Laundrie's dad is being taken to small claims court.

Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff
Posted Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 3:00 pm ET|Updated Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 8:34 pm ET
NORTH PORT, FL — A hiker along the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina was ambushed by U.S. marshals while he and his girlfriend napped at a resort because he bears an uncanny resemblance to Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the homicide of his fiancée, Gabby Petito, who was strangled to death.
[...]
Now, a protester is taking Laundrie's father, Chris Laundrie, to small claims court. According to court records, Andra Griffin of Bradenton is seeking damages less than $100. They'll appear in court Dec. 1.
According to OK!, Griffin is seeking $40 for a stolen protest sign that read "What if it was Cassie." This is a reference to the Laundrie's sister, Cassie Laundrie.

-----------------------------------
More here:
Marshals Ambush Laundrie Look-Alike On Appalachian Trail; Dad Taken To Small Claims Court
this is moo, but I feel that pressure needs to be increased on the parents. This is getting very expensive, and perhaps they could be held accountable for reimbursement.

Yes. For some reason, nobody seems interested in the Aug. 26th sighting and how JS describes BL alone in the van, parking it in the same spot, etc. And how she saw it in the same spot on the 27th, but it looked like the van had been backed in then. I've linked it several times because I found it significant, myself. Jmo.

I agree. I wonder why he was alone and where GP was. MOO

I just wanted to pass along a link relating to what you are saying here.

In this SF Chronicle story, a woman relates that she called the FBI on Sept 16 to report that she remembered having spotted the van LE was looking for in the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping area. She first noticed the van on Aug 26 when she had to pull off the road to get around it as the male driver awkwardly maneuvered the van into a spot that was NOT designated for camping. She says she remembers it still being there on Aug 27 and 28, but cannot remember seeing it on Aug 29.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Yep, lots of people notice rule breakers - because we're ticked off that others are doing what they're doing, and we can't. I take pictures. I have tons of license plate pictures from NF's and NP's.

Rocks are uncommon in a Florida swamp.

Didn't know that. That gets a "wow" from someone who lives west of the Mississippi.

If you've camped in the region these types of holes are common on logs, they're caused by bugs like the Mountain Pine Beetle and other boring insects.

When I see a downed log with so many holes of the same size, in a place that's used for target practice, I have other thoughts. It's not a big issue - but Mountain Pine Beetles typically eat the bark and do not bore all the way through. And usually, LE doesn't put markers next to beetle holes.

Sure, could be insects - but I'll bet a bunch of donuts that the creekside is good target practice area - meets all the requirements.

I have camped in the region many times.

He just reconfirmed this on Dan Abrams. Fingerprint machine on the spot. I'm very interested to know how they know the prints they have in their file are in fact his. Does he have a record? Lifted from the van with others ruled out? But still this doesn't definitely tell them the prints are his. They never saw him. Never had him in custody. MOO Curious.

Do parents still have their kids fingerprinted as children, in case they get snatched? My parents did that to me

BBM
I’m glad to hear US Marshalls are now hunting Brian. He’s a fugitive and needs to be brought in to face whatever charges are thrown at him.

I’m very torn about the protesters at the Laundrie house. On one hand IMO, the Laundries should be reminded every day that Gabby, who was engaged to their son and lived with them at some point, is dead and their son is wanted for questioning (at the very least) in that matter and to answer the charges that he used her bank account. On the other hand, the neighbors are no doubt getting fed up with the noise, commotion and traffic. The protesters need to tone it down a notch or three and give the neighborhood some peace. They can make their point standing quietly in front of the house, holding signs, if they wish. Unfortunately, some of them are just looking for their 15 minutes.
US Marshals are not usually called in to hunt a fugitive for spending $1000 on someone else's debit card.
Jus saying.
They hunt the 15 most wanted, and high-profile offenders who are the country’s most dangerous individuals, they provide task force assistance and expertise to other federal, state, and local LE in support of their investigations of the most dangerous, search for international fugitives including US fugitives who have fled the country, they search for non compliant sex offenders, do gang enforcement, assist with technical operations including advanced electronic surveillance and investigative intelligence throughout the US and Mexico and provide criminal intelligence, research and analysis.

U.S. Marshals Service, Fugitive Investigations, Index

Yep, lots of people notice rule breakers - because we're ticked off that others are doing what they're doing, and we can't. I take pictures. I have tons of license plate pictures from NF's and NP's.

Didn't know that. That gets a "wow" from someone who lives west of the Mississippi.

When I see a downed log with so many holes of the same size, in a place that's used for target practice, I have other thoughts. It's not a big issue - but Mountain Pine Beetles typically eat the bark and do not bore all the way through. And usually, LE doesn't put markers next to beetle holes.

Sure, could be insects - but I'll bet a bunch of donuts that the creekside is good target practice area - meets all the requirements.

I have camped in the region many times.
Don't you also have many species of woodpeckers? I've seen acorn woodpeckers that bury acorns in old wood, telephone poles, and some trees.

IMO, him running back to Mommy and Daddy for help with his problem and them, naturally helping him, wouldn’t imply to me that he was going to kill himself and they certainly weren’t going to let that happen. The last thing he would do is load a backpack with rocks to drown himself and get eaten by alligators. If he owned a gun, he’d have shot himself when he got home. IMO

These are interesting points. I too have pondered what he did in the two days where he apparently used Gabby's CC/DC to get cash and prepared himself...for a journey home.

If a person was going to kill themselves right after they murdered their beloved (by strangulation, no less), one would think they wouldn't go home, thousands of miles away.

I hadn't thought of the rocks and alligators - I just assumed he would find something else heavy (like a cinder block), but seriously, his parents would notice that?

If there was a gun at home (in the trunk of the Mustang), maybe he did take it though - but the Feds clearly think he did not use it to kill himself, at this point, because they busted a young couple who had credit cards and ID (stating they were NOT BL), and did so at gun point.

Don't you also have many species of woodpeckers? I've seen acorn woodpeckers that bury acorns in old wood, telephone poles, and some trees.

Kinda hard to believe we are going down the rabbit hole over woodpecker holes... I wonder why the CSIs spray painted so many of those holes.

Do we have a hole expert who can weigh in on this matter?

From the Cooper Anderson interview with Dr. Blue:

CNN.com - Transcripts
RANDI KAYE, CNN NATIONAL
CORRESPONDENT: Anderson, thanks. Dr. Blue, I wanted to ask you about a text that Gabby's mother received from her daughter's phone on August 30th, and if you look at your timeline, her death would have occurred between August 22nd and August 29th.

So if this text on August 30th that said there was no service in Yosemite came from Gabby's phone, can you say definitively that Gabby Petito could not have sent that text on August 30th?

BLUE: No, I can't. When we talk about timeline of death this far out from a death, that timeline can be plus or minus a week at a minimum. And that is because of different weather conditions and different locations. So it's really very, very rough.

It's not like TV, where they say, oh, they died on this date. It's a very rough estimate, and I know that law enforcement is using other methods to try to determine a most -- a more exact date, but from an autopsy point of view, it is a very rough estimate. COOPER: So -- and Randi, just -- can you explain to our viewers why you asked that question, because I mean, if she was not obviously alive on that day, when they received that text, then it would indicate that Brian Laundrie or somebody else theoretically sent that text to them.

KAYE: Right. I mean, it's key because if she didn't send it and the text said that there was -- it no read, "No service in Yosemite," whoever did send it, the question is, were they trying to make her parents or her family or investigators even believe that Gabby Petito, at some point had been in Yosemite and perhaps, they would have started looking for her there.

[20:05:03]

COOPER: Dr. Blue, can you tell us if Gabby Petito was killed in the location where authorities found her or if she was possibly moved there?

BLUE: That's not for us to determine, that's for law enforcement to determine. But I just want to point out, it's Yellowstone, not Yosemite.
Thank you for this. Though, it doesn't at all help rule out that her death may have actuly occurred after August 30th.

As I read this, it seems like it could very well go through September 4th which really could throw a wrench into things. MOO.

Nope - nearest woodpeckers to us are up in the Sierra and endangered, actually.

When I see a pattern of holes that seem to have occurred once the tree was down, I don't think woodpeckers - but perhaps? At any rate, that area is exactly what I would choose for target practice and the holes in the downed logs are consistent with what I see when people put things on top of logs...for target practice.

At any rate, it's a place that people are supposed to use for many purposes and do use for that - it's not a camping place at this point in time. Prohibited to camp there, target practice allowed.

Odd though, that LE marked so many of those woodpecker/beetle holes.

Someone should send the pictures to the B-T rangers and see what they say...

Thank you for this. Though, it doesn't at all help rule out that her death may have actuly occurred after August 30th.

As I read this, it seems like it could very well go through September 4th which really could throw a wrench into things. MOO.

Autopsies can't do that - they don't use context in that way. Which is why Dr Blue defers to the Coroner.

I do hope that the Feds spring for further entomology study - which as far as we know, as not been done. I think they're waiting until they find BL to spring for it.

You can only close the gates, its a lot harder to go through the reserve and force people out. I mean just look how much trouble LE had finding anyone in there.

Well, then, though - it's another example of BL being transgressive, if he was still there after it closed. Just like occupying (for 4 verified days), a place that wasn't a campsite.

I wasn't thinking about forcing people out - I'm thinking about how BL must have stayed, despite the rules, and...was perhaps used to doing so? Breaking rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin