Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he did use other sources, he really missed it, didn't he? No way it could be two to three weeks based on info released via SM and MNS. JMO

Passing on info passed to me. It was 3-4 weeks with a most likely date around Aug 27th. The 3 weeks would put the latest date as August 29th. I would expect any defense attorney who stayed awake more than he slept in law school would argue pretty hard against that date being the latest date she could have died.

Gabby Petito Was Strangled, Likely Died 3-4 Weeks Before Body Was Found, Coroner Says

Last edited:
Agreed. There's no way BL is hiking on foot from Florida to Canada. In my head I was thinking if BL were to hitchhike along the way then he might have been able to get further north towards Canada. I didn't add the hitchhiking thought in my reply.

But just on his own 2 dirty little feet, no way!

Speaking of which... wouldn't BL need more than one kind of footwear or more than one pair of shoes?
He sure would - if he was hiking. But IMHO, he's not walking or hiking. Why do I say that? Because if I wanted to not be caught, I would try to give the impression that I would be hiking in, say Carlton Reserve, while I am really in a nice, cozy cabin a short drive away. He had a fair amount of time to formulate an escape plan. The problem is that whatever money he brought with him is not going to last forever. That's when the chase is on. I hope BL will be found soon, hopefully alive, and I seriously cannot wait to find out where he's been. JMHO

She was less than a foot away while he yelled, but she couldn't make out what he was saying? Hmm that doesn't really add up to me. Then she said the whole incident took place over 10-15 minutes, but at one point she said they were gone for 10 minutes before they came back again. Maybe she just isn't recalling correctly because they didn't think it was important at the time, I don't know but there were a lot of contradictions in that short interview.
Weird.

Angelo said it did not appear that Laundrie was on drugs, and he was "not screaming." But he was behaving aggressively with the restaurant staff, a waitress, a hostess and the manager – all women.

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

He sure would - if he was hiking. But IMHO, he's not walking or hiking. Why do I say that? Because if I wanted to not be caught, I would try to give the impression that I would be hiking in, say Carlton Reserve, while I am really in a nice, cozy cabin a short drive away. He had a fair amount of time to formulate an escape plan. The problem is that whatever money he brought with him is not going to last forever. That's when the chase is on. I hope BL will be found soon, hopefully alive, and I seriously cannot wait to find out where he's been. JMHO
I can't shake the feeling he's in Mexico. I know several Floridians including members of my family who are aged 55 to 70 also have homes in Mexico. jmo

Yes, you’re right about that, he’s a physician, & this is a bit off topic on my part, but sometimes people who aren’t *even* physicians run for coroner!! And win! o_O It definitely seems from what we know so far that Dr. Blue tried to arrange for a proper & thorough investigation, in terms of the experts he brought in.
There is a difference in a Coroner and a Medical Examiner. What is his title?
I looked his title up on Google and he is the Coroner. I also found this.
Dr. Brent Blue resigns from hospital post; will continue as Teton County coroner
Oh wow, that's really really messy.
Sounds like he did use online sources in his research. I'm surprised, but I'm thinking it's okay if he did....

Tbh I don't think BL is hiking either, especially in that reserve. Imho, all of that activity is a decoy.

My response was to another poster who suggested BL would be able to hike to Canada (lol no). Maybe if he combined hiking with hitching rides in the early days of his disappearance but then he'd need clothing and supplies for the changing weather.

Money and supplies will run out eventually. It's mid October already. Even if he went somewhere fully stocked, by now supplies must be running low. The further he goes from home support, family, friends, the more money he's going to need for food and shelter. If he's not getting help from anyone, he'll be spotted eventually right? Somewhere along the way, this guy has to get caught! There's no way people like him can escape, can they?!

thinking out loud:

What makes this case so bizarre are two long delays, both that Brian‘s parents are at the heart of.

Gabby was missing for more than two weeks and almost no one knew! Brian was on the run for over four days and almost no one knew!

it is insane that in this day and age Gabby was missing for more than two weeks and almost no one knew. What drew many of us to this case was that we suddenly found out almost in real time with her parents that she hadn’t been seen for over a half a month. and also found out in real time that her fiancé had quietly come home and was acting strangely but there was no evidence to do anything. Her parents, the police, the public all found out “wait she’s been missing for over two weeks and her fiancé has been sitting at home the whole time but we can’t do anything because we don’t know anything else besides that” But Brian’s parents knew. They may not have known she was mysteriously missing but they knew that Brian came home by himself with her van.

then the fiancé is home hiding behind his lawyer while the whole world is watching the Laundries house for a week and rabidly frustrated that he can’t be a suspect without knowledge of a crime. but wait actually he’s been on the run most of the week and now completely disappeared! But Brian’s parents knew. and they were actually looking for him and retrieving his car for days without telling anyone.

It will be fascinating to find out, if we ever do, exactly how Brian’s parents played into those two insane delays.

MOO

Last edited:
OCT 18, 2021
Brian Laundrie Possibly Caught On Video In Florida
Surveillance video captured in Florida showing an individual resembling Brian Laundrie -- the fiancé of Gabrielle 'Gabby' Petito and a person of interest in her death -- pedaling an old bicycle has reportedly been submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review.

The Dunnellon, Florida resident who captured the footage on his property told TMZ the video was taken along a rugged sugar sand patch that is hardly visited by pedestrians.

The man said the unidentified bicyclist was struggling while carrying an oversized backpack and heavy clothing, leading him to believe the individual was trying to lay low.

The property owner submitted the footage to the FBI for review in connection to its search for Laundrie as he felt it was enough of a match to flag it.

[...]

t
It will be fascinating to find out, if we ever do, exactly how Brian’s parents played into those two insane delays.
MOO
Snipped for focused reply, and BBM.
Indeed it will be. If they have been involved in deception and abetting, they should face punishment to the extent the law provides, including having to pay (for the rest of their lives no doubt) for the expensive swamp search.
Of course, nothing has been proven that they have committed any wrong doing, so this is just...amateur opinion and speculation.

But if it closed (sold) on 7/30, the new owner would already have taken possession by the time BL flew back a couple weeks later. So someone else would have had to move their things into storage two weeks previous to his return.
True but this would explain their belongings being in storage and that they did live in the condo and not with the parents. On Gabby's instagram there is a picture of her at Venice Beach.

But they spoke to the merchant about Yellowstone. I wish I still had her Twitter screenshot, it was far more complete than this. There was also another reference to Victor, ID merchant in the "Emporium" on 48 hrs. I have never been clear as to whether there were 2 Idaho merchants who called in sightings and interactions, or if it was only the one here in Rustic Row (or whether rustic row and emporium are one and the same).

Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser
@Jurisprudence, I think you are correct. Here's a link:
Business owner says Gabby Petito and boyfriend made stop in Victor after visiting Wyoming - East Idaho News

“Brian and Gabby came to Rustic Row. They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance.”

The owner of Rustic Row said Petito and Laundrie spent about 15 to 20 minutes in the store and came in either on Aug. 25 or 26 in the afternoon.

From google, it appears the Rustic Row is open from 2-7pm (although I’m not sure if that is just the current, off-season hours). Victor is a little over 1 hour from Jenny Lake. Considering the Aug. 25th Jenny Lake sighting was around 5pm, and the Rustic Row witness said she saw them in “the afternoon,” I’m going to assume they did not go to Victor after Jenny Lake on the 25th. I think they were in Victor on the 26th.

My best guess is that GP and BL drove the GTNP loop (map attached) on the 25th, starting on the east side of the loop and ending up at Jenny Lake around 5pm before heading to camp (I think at Spread Creek, but who knows.) This is supported by GP telling her mom she was in the Tetons on the 25th, as well.

We really don’t have anything about what they did on the 26th other than the possible Victor sighting and JS seeing BL alone in the van, supposedly in the evening at Spread Creek (not sure the source for the time is permissible here). I do think they planned to go to Yellowstone around the 27th/28th, so all their snapchat and Victor comments about that fit.

I'm curious what they were doing on the 26th and morning of the 27th. I'm not sure about BL's skateboarding interest, but there are two skate parks in the area. One is in Jackson, and the other in Driggs, ID, which is immediately north of Victor.
Driggs Skatepark, Idaho

Also, by the time they had driven to WY, I bet the van had almost 3,000 miles on it, which could mean it was time for an oil change. Did they do that on those days? Maybe walked to MP while they waited for it to get done? Maybe getting supplies, gas, etc. before heading to Yellowstone while in town? Just random thoughts.

Attachments

• GTNP1.png
    GTNP1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
But if it closed (sold) on 7/30, the new owner would already have taken possession by the time BL flew back a couple weeks later. So someone else would have had to move their things into storage two weeks previous to his return.
True but this would explain their belongings being in storage and that they did live in the condo and not with the parents. On Gabby's instagram there is a picture of her at Venice Beach.

So, a girl who is very sociable on a trip that involves isolation, by it's very nature--and a guy with a temper who is mindful of zen, who uses yoga and walking to ease his inner turmoil on a trip that requires hours inns small vehicle. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Wonder how Gabby's family missed Brian's negative traits described by this guy and Rose? I would think that their suspicions of what he may have done to GP would have unleashed their real thoughts about him.

I can't find the pic, but are you sure it isn't Venice, California?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member