SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could see this coming once the judge began speaking.

Judge Clifton Newman has ruled no bond will be given to Alex Murdaugh. Murdaugh will remain housed in the Richland County Detention Center where he has been since this past weekend. Judge is asking for a Psychiatric Evaluation. @WCBD

https://twitter.com/realrileybenson/status/1450479770739875847?s=21

Bland argued that Alex Murdaugh presents a danger to the community.

“This is a man who used a gun on Labor Day weekend,” Bland said, referring to Murdaugh’s alleged suicide for hire incident.

Bland said he wanted the court to make sure Alex Murdaugh’s assets were locked. He said Murdaugh has made several financial moves such as selling his $100,000 bond.

Bland argued that this case has larger implications on both the law profession and the state of South Carolina.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh Denied Bond

I hope AM takes full advantage of any resources available to him while in custody. Many jails have very robust 12-Step programs. It's not the appropriate treatment approach for every addict, (of course) but when thrown a life-ring, it's not a bad recommendation to grab on tightly and put your life in the hands of a power outside /greater than yourself.

IMO

‘He’s a Liar And A Cheat’: Alex Murdaugh Denied Bond

South Carolina circuit judge Clifton Newman denied bond for Alex Murdaugh during his highly-anticipated court hearing in Richland County Tuesday morning.

Newman said that Murdaugh presented a danger to both himself and the community. He said he couldn’t provide a bond at this time.

“There’s no amount of bond the court can set that can provide safety to Mr. Murdaugh and the community,” Newman said.

Applause to this brilliant judge. He didn’t buy any of Harpootlian and Griffin’s ridiculous lies and fact spinning. He took none of it concerning AM’s addiction and state of mind. He called them on it and said “prove it”!
I also liked that he mentioned tons of people coming through his court with addiction problems and they get sent to jail without benefit of rehab. (...or something like that, it was hard to hear him sometimes...)

AM threw some people under the bus today and his attorney just doubled down on that in his comments outside the court. Can't imagine how that is going to help him in any way.

What stinks is AM will have a pretty easy time in jail. He's an experienced attorney. He will be a valuable friend to a lot of the inmates who need legal 'help' on their cases. That could mean anything from protection to commissary items and anything else that is a tradable commodity in prison.

During the bond hearing, Muradugh’s attorney Dick Harpooltian claimed that during the Satterfield lawsuit, Murdaugh had no say in where the money went and that he was not the lawyer -- but the defendant.

The prosecutors claimed that Murdaugh used his position of power to take control of the Satterfield situation.

Judge denies Murdaugh’s bond, orders psychiatric evaluation

FitsNews delves into “Boll Weevil” and Murdaugh connections, as they promised. There is more than I am probably allowed to copy but it’s so tangled, I don’t dare try to outline the salient points remaining.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: More Ties Linking Alex Murdaugh, Alleged Drug Smuggler Uncovered | FitsNews, 18 Oct 2021

<snipped>
Boulware and Murdaugh were thick as thieves – and so were their families. In fact, two months before he passed away Barrett granted power of attorney (.pdf) to Alex Murdaugh – putting the ethically challenged lawyer in charge of all of his assets (including the disposition of numerous properties in the Palmetto Lowcountry).

Additionally, Murdaugh and Barrett were co-owners of multiple Lowcountry properties … and Barrett was the former owner of “Moselle,” the Murdaugh family hunting lodge which was the site of a brutal double homicide in June of this year.

<snipped>

Given the sheer volume of records involving both of these men, the trail is not easy to follow. … But there is one connection I found which struck me as … very curious.

One of the first records goes back to June 9, 2010, which is when Ronnie Crosby – one of Murdaugh’s partners at the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm – took out a $150,752.81mortgage (.pdf) on a piece of property Boulware was selling to a company called Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters LLC. A second mortgage (.pdf) in the amount of $151,164.09 was taken out a year-and-a-half later – also on a piece of property Boulware was selling to a separate incorporation called Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management, LLC.

On the second mortgage, Crosby is listed as a member of the Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management LLC. To be clear: Crosby was not listed on the mortgage document as a registered agent or as an attorney representing the company, but rather as a member of the limited liability corporation

On the first mortgage, however, the signatory listed as the responsible member for the other company, Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters LLC, is none other than
Alex Murdaugh. [BBM]

(Click to view)

(Via: Beaufort County Register of Deeds)

As with Crosby’s signature on the second mortgage, Murdaugh did not sign his mortgage document as a representing attorney or a registered agent. He signed it as a member of the limited liability corporation

Of interest? On May 17, 2021 – three weeks before the Moselle murders [BBM]– the second mortgage (the one for Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management LLC) was recorded as having been “satisfied” (.pdf) with the Beaufort county register of deeds. As of this writing, however, there is no record of the first mortgage – the one issued to Alex Murdaugh’s company – having been satisfied.

Last month, though – on September 24, 2021 – the Boulware property that was purchased by Murdaugh’s incorporation, Jenkins Creek Marine And Charters LLC, was granted to Crosby in a bizarrely worded “covenant” (.pdf) for $5.00.

Among the conditions of this “covenant?” Crosby’s assurance not to sue Murdaugh’s company “in order to recover a personal judgment” against it. [BBM]

That is curious language considering Crosby remains a partner at PMPED, which just this month filed a lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh in connection with its allegation that he stole more than $10 million from its coffers – which, incidentally, is the focus of one of the six SLED criminal investigations. It is even more curious considering PMPED partners claimed to have discovered Murdaugh’s theft on September 2, 2021.

<snipped>
THERE IS MORE IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BLOG.

LetsSolveIt... snipped?? I cannot read any of the fits articles.... so not sure what has been snipped here.........

I would say he is safer in Jail. Who knows if he has anyone else that is willing to meet him on a lonely road and put a bullet in him. Oh snap he knows now that the suicide clause won't count. He can do it himself. Seriously though if he is going to spill the beans on others he may not be safe out of jail.

I would say he is safer in Jail. Who knows if he has anyone else that is willing to meet him on a lonely road and put a bullet in him. Oh snap he knows now that the suicide clause won't count. He can do it himself. Seriously though if he is going to spill the beans on others he may not be safe out of jail.

i am quite sure this is true. I could see him disappearing. Even though the judge has said his assets are to be locked.... my guess is he did fanagle and hide monies while he was living in his "get out of jail free card" rehab....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken