Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. I think the point is, there is not yet any evidence we've seen that has her dead by 8/30.

I guess BL leaving Wyoming and driving back (alone) to Florida is. He had to be on the road in order to arrive back to Florida by September 1st at 10:36 am. Unless we have flying cars and vans now like the Jetsons. jmo

I agree about the Benton sighting and probable card use. No one has debunked that. So, yeah, I think FBI has video surveillance of a transaction. How far is Benton from Jackson WY? Could he have made it there on one tank of gas? How far could he travel from Benton toward home before he had to buy gas again? jmo
So I used Google maps. I just put in Grand Teton as the starting place, put a stop at Benton, and destination at North Port.

It says the trip from GT to Benton is 1,408 miles, which would take 21 hours and 18 minutes under, I'm assuming, regular traffic conditions.

From Benton to North Port, it is 987 miles to North Port, which is 14 hours and 41 minutes.

I don't know that they shared a bank account, so if Benton was the first and only time he used the card (it's the only mention that I've been able to dig up but I understand that doesn't mean it is), perhaps he had money before, whether it was cash or in his own account, and it was basically gone and decided to use her card.

I also don't know if how he used the card has ever been confirmed, whether it was one big withdrawal or several smaller withdrawals. If anyone else has seen this, let me know, but my gut says it was one big withdrawal so he'd have cash to use the rest of the way.

I agree about the Benton sighting and probable card use. No one has debunked that. So, yeah, I think FBI has video surveillance of a transaction. How far is Benton from Jackson WY? Could he have made it there on one tank of gas? How far could he travel from Benton toward home before he had to buy gas again? jmo

Check out @Starglaze thread 62 post 365 and related posts for some well thought out gas stop theory

The first page is a press release announcing a warrant. the phrase "following her death" is not part of the charging documents that follow. it is part of the grand jury warrant that cites those charges and his activities following her death.

Again, the point is there is no evidence we have access to that has 8/30 as a cut-off date for her passing. The credit card charges do not mention her being dead, only the warrant that is filed later.

that's not evidence that's she's dead. It's just evidence that he's no longer there.
Then how did she end up dead and decomposing at Spread Creek after he left? They seem to have evidence that he killed her so he had to have killed her before he ran back home like the sniveling little coward he is. Jmo

So I used Google maps. I just put in Grand Teton as the starting place, put a stop at Benton, and destination at North Port.

It says the trip from GT to Benton is 1,408 miles, which would take 21 hours and 18 minutes under, I'm assuming, regular traffic conditions.

From Benton to North Port, it is 987 miles to North Port, which is 14 hours and 41 minutes.

I don't know that they shared a bank account, so if Benton was the first and only time he used the card (it's the only mention that I've been able to dig up but I understand that doesn't mean it is), perhaps he had money before, whether it was cash or in his own account, and it was basically gone and decided to use her card.

I also don't know if how he used the card has ever been confirmed, whether it was one big withdrawal or several smaller withdrawals. If anyone else has seen this, let me know, but my gut says it was one big withdrawal so he'd have cash to use the rest of the way.
Docket for United States v. Laundrie, 0:21-cr-00113 - CourtListener.com
'obtained things of value aggregating etc'
Indictment – #1 in United States v. Laundrie (D. Wyo., 0:21-cr-00113) – CourtListener.com

My parents were in a similar position before, with my brother. They just wanted him to be safe, even if that meant in a prison cell, rather than be in an unknown location with unknown vitals. The Laundries didn't beg for him to be found before he was charged either. IMO they're behavior is suspicious, but even with that said the media/public's response to them has been insane. I can understand them not wanting anything to do with the media or the internet to avoid any other crazy situations like the drone.
I have been giving this some thought today. I think given the little we know about BL, think maybe his parents have a more pragmatic approach to the wherabouts or well being of their son.

We do not know the circumstances under which he left their property, and we do not know his state of mind. There are 3 options:
  • He is deceased by his own hand;
  • He is deceased by the hand of another; and
  • He is alive.
Obviously, any parent would prefer option three - but would that be at any price? It has been said that BL would not like to be locked up away from the outside elements on this board, and perhaps that is true. What would BL prefer? Alive - but kept in a prison cell for life? Or dead?

Perhaps the perceived lack of reaction from BLs parents is because they know their son, much, much better than we do.

Last edited:
Then how did she end up dead and decomposing at Spread Creek after he left? They seem to have evidence that he killed her so he had to have killed her before he ran back home like the sniveling little coward he is. Jmo

We have no evidence, at this point that he killed her. It's the most likely scenario... but so far we have no evidence, he hasn't been charged, and he hasn't been named a suspect publicly.

The first page is a press release announcing a warrant. the phrase "following her death" is not part of the charging documents that follow. it is part of the grand jury warrant that cites those charges and his activities following her death.

Again, the point is there is no evidence we have access to that has 8/30 as a cut-off date for her passing. The credit card charges do not mention her being dead, only the warrant that is filed later.
I know exactly what they mention.
I'm merely presenting you with the evidence we do have that FBI stated it was after her death.
They have all the evidence.
We have none so we cannot produce it here.
We're just working off their press release statement.

We have no evidence, at this point that he killed her. It's the most likely scenario... but so far we have no evidence, he hasn't
been charged, and he hasn't been named a suspect publicly.
Then he should step into the light like a big boy and tell people he didn't kill her instead of acting as guilty as humanly possible. This is only my opinion. Jmo

It's true, the date is an assumption only. The FBI says the indictment is related to activities after her death. But the language in the indictment is open in regards to dates, using "on or about" legalese for dates beginning Aug 30 and ending Sep 1.

Cameras have BL getting gas in Illinois then around 15 hours later, arriving somewhere in Florida. My guess is BL would not abandon his Mustang unless he had another vehicle. BL was seasoned at driving long distances without any sleep at night or very little sleep. I think he left Florida and drove as much as he could to flee. With a passport, he could have easily gotten into Canada out West prior to his parents filing missing persons report. My guess is his parents knew he reached a safe location prior to filing missing persons report. I also believe there's other DNA (by unknown person(s))found on GP that does not match BL which is why perhaps murder charges not yet filed.
Benton IL is a 21 hour drive from the Grand Tetons. They are more than 1400 miles apart. jmo

Google Maps

SBBM - do you have a link to the evidence please?
Seeing as how they haven't released it yet, no. Why doesn't he be say it? State his innocence? Hmmm? Is common sense no longer allowed anywhere? It is up to LE to prove him guilty- once they find him- not me. But I have my opinions based on HIS behavior. Jmo

No.
They didn't say whether his wallet was empty or full tho'.It's easy to leave an empty wallet and an equally empty phone behind.
It looks good on paper but meaningless.
Agreed, and I don't know that he would keep that on him. I feel like I've read in an article somewhere that LE didn't find anything of GP's in the Laundries' home because I remember her mom making a statement along the lines of "where are her things?"

However, the arrest warrant didn't come until after their search. So either they got the proof they needed he used the card during the search of the home or they have video evidence. They wouldn't have filed that if they didn't have some proof that he used the card somewhere along the way.

I went back to try to find the original article regarding the gas station stop to see if it gave a date or name of the gas station. It appears the news station has taken the article down. Home | Williamson & Franklin County News That seems odd considering all the media surrounding this. So the story was never confirmed or denied and now it seems to have disappeared?

Agreed, and I don't know that he would keep that on him. I feel like I've read in an article somewhere that LE didn't find anything of GP's in the Laundries' home because I remember her mom making a statement along the lines of "where are her things?"
SBBM - I believe this quote from NS was in relation to the convo about the storage - e,g, if Gabby's things are not in storage, where are they?

However, the arrest warrant didn't come until after their search. So either they got the proof they needed he used the card during the search of the home or they have video evidence. They wouldn't have filed that if they didn't have some proof that he used the card somewhere along the way.

I went back to try to find the original article regarding the gas station stop to see if it gave a date or name of the gas station. It appears the news station has taken the article down. Home | Williamson & Franklin County News That seems odd considering all the media surrounding this. So the story was never confirmed or denied and now it seems to have disappeared?
I went looking for it a few nights ago too.
I note they archive their articles, is it possible it's still available, but archived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆