GUILTY CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000

Even BBC news had the story of Durst getting COVID....

And true - @Chelly - time & effort to consolidate all those tweets & posting the pictures... again - you are all welcome!
citrouille14.gif

When the court was addressing restitution for Susan's funeral and memorial costs and Durst agreeing to waive his presence at any hearings, Durst pulled his mask down and said something to Chesnoff, also gestering with his hand in a sort of patting down movement. When I was watching it live I thought he was saying 'put NO limit on it', and for one crazy moment I actually thought he was moved by Sareb's difficulties since Susan's murder.

I went back to watch it to make sure that's what I'd heard. What he actually said was "put a LOW limit on it".

He is not only miserly. He is cruel and remorseless through his bones.

When the court was addressing restitution for Susan's funeral and memorial costs and Durst agreeing to waive his presence at any hearings, Durst pulled his mask down and said something to Chesnoff, also gestering with his hand in a sort of patting down movement. When I was watching it live I thought he was saying 'put NO limit on it', and for one crazy moment I actually thought he was moved by Sareb's difficulties since Susan's murder.

I went back to watch it to make sure that's what I'd heard. What he actually said was "put a LOW limit on it".

He is not only miserly. He is cruel and remorseless through his bones.
Miserly, cruel, and remorseless, yet he may still have at least one more long-deserved date with Lady Justice:

Grand jury hearing testimony in death of Robert Durst's wife

Durst’s other lawyer Chesnoff was the one handling pre-appeal matters during the trial. For example, all those mistrial motions he made - those have to be made as they come up at trial so an appeal can be filed later saying they were wrongly decided. If they don’t object at the time, they have no basis to appeal later.

There were a bunch of times Chesnoff said, while being overruled, that he just wanted to “make a record” or “mark the issue.” Those were references to future appeal considerations.

now if we were to hear that Chesnoff is no longer representing Durst, THAT would interesting! But highly doubt that’s going to happen…. unless Chesnoff wins the scratch-off lottery or something

eta - typos / words left out

Last edited:
Durst’s other lawyer Chesnoff was the one handling pre-appeal matters during the trial. For example, all those mistrial motions he made - those have to be made as they come up at trial so an appeal can be filed later saying they were wrongly decided. If they don’t object at the time, they have no basis to appeal later.

There were a bunch of times Chesnoff said, while being overruled, that he just wanted to “make a record” or “mark the issue.” Those were references to future appeal considerations.

now if we were to hear that Chesnoff is no longer representing Durst, THAT would interesting! But highly doubt that’s going to happen…. unless Chesnoff wins the scratch-off lottery or something

eta - typos / words left out
:D Scratch-off lottery...cracked me up. :D
Durst must be hanging on to life, but haven't read any reports that he's off the ventilator.

"A state police investigator filed a criminal complaint Tuesday in a town court in Lewisboro, New York charging Durst with second-degree murder in the death of Kathie Durst, who vanished in 1982. ...

“The Westchester County District Attorney’s Office can confirm that a complaint charging Robert Durst with the murder of Kathleen Durst was filed in Lewisboro Town Court on October 19, 2021. We have no further comment at this time,” Rocah's office said in a statement Friday. ...

The criminal complaint filed Tuesday against Robert Durst was done parallel to the grand jury proceedings, which could continue for several more weeks. Such filings are often seen as a first step in the criminal process because, in New York, all felony cases require a grand jury indictment to proceed to trial unless a defendant waives that requirement."

Robert Durst charged with 1982 murder of wife Kathie Durst

"The New York Times first reported the Westchester charge on Friday morning.

Westchester prosecutors had begun presenting the case to a grand jury this week. They took the unusual step of filing a criminal complaint while that was going on, likely out of fear that Durst, in failing health and reportedly hospitalized with COVID-19 over the weekend, could die before any charges were brought against him.

Lawyers for Durst could not immediately be reached for comment. There has been no public update on Durst's medical condition since one of his lawyers, Dick DeGuerin, revealed he had COVID-19.

Robert Abrams, a lawyer for Kathie Durst's relatives, said only that the family was happy with the criminal charge. He said there would be no further comment because the case is still before the grand jury. Some or all of her four siblings have either testified already or are expected to testify."

Robert Durst charged with murder in wife Kathie's 1982 disappearance

Notice he's not on the ventilator in that picture. Imagine he's gotten away with 3 murders - IMO, even though he's finally been convicted of Susan's murder 20+ years later. Can you imagine this man's luck?!
MOO
It was his latest mugshot. Perhaps the ventilator was temporarily removed for the photo.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson

2h

#RobertDurst indicted by a grande jury on a charge of 2nd-degree murder in the death of Kathie Durst who has been missing since 1982.

@Niner

Would that be in New York? Or?? TIA! if anyone knows! Guess I'll have to start another "file" for him! :D

edited to add: Never mind - found more info - Westchester County in New York State.
Now... to find their court sites...

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17