AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
3) Online gaming and his financials. There are references to his unusual recent spending. Roger mentions he was buying gaming parts, and he was wanting to build a gaming computer. I wonder if there were online gaming "friends" he may have confided in.
SRBM. Great post, Tammy!
This makes me lean even more towards a bipolar episode or psychotic break of some sort. :( It's not abnormal to have issues regarding excessive spending when going through either of those things. I do not mean to say that *everyone* experiencing a manic episode or a breakdown starts with the excessive spending, but many do.

What is going on, both Jelani and Daniel take their clothes off before they go missing? Am I the only one finding this similarity weird??
Not really all that weird, can happen with a few different types of mental illness and also can happen with hypothermia.

@JJ Ray , in your opinion, what was the level and detail of the forensic analysis at the crash location? Little to none, half hearted or earnest effort?

I'm having difficulty trying to make his reported mental state work with a staged wreck scene. If the consensus was that it was a staged wreck scene, one gallon of gas would be about right for a mini-bike/small dirt bike to exit the wreck area and back to society.

Wow, possible sightings? I hope he is alive and did "take-off" during something like a manic episode (no shame in that, it happens) and is hopefully hanging-in there and will be located and helped.

I don't see any reason / evidence to suspect foul play and have been assuming he perished in the desert. The thought he could possibly be alive is great, but the car accident followed by lack of medical treatment concerns me.

I'm 3/4 of the way through the comments...but some recent thoughts:

1) I don't think D went into the desert take a nap. I don't understand what the PI is basing that on other than KE thinking D was saying "rest." The all night gaming marathon is based on what? I haven't heard of any evidence released he was logged into some type of online game to verify that or mentioned it to anyone. At that age I regularly had to pull all nighters for work projects...and the caffeine and adrenaline kept me going at 9am. Now I didn't feel great and the crash would be rough, but I wouldn't think of leaving my job to nap. So that morning he stops by a gas station and gets a gallon of gas. NOT a large iced coffee, energy drinks, caffeine pills. He could have napped in his jeep if he felt that bad. He had another reason to drive into the desert.

2) Police found K's texts to him in his trash folder on his phone per the police report. I think he moved on from K to another fixation. Not necessarily another person.

3) Socks. I don't see how the PI can claim that black sock found miles from the work site was D's without forensic analysis. I'd bet black Nike socks are fairly common. It also looked far more sun bleached to me than a few months. D's clothing pile at the jeep had mismatched socks. He was wearing boots, so it wouldn't show. Per the police report his room was a mess with clothing strewn on the floor. I wouldn't be surprised he didn't have all his socks neatly paired.

Last edited:
Just looking at the map in post 14 (AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021)
It looks like the Buckeye PD map (on the left) shows another road heading South East from the electrical sub station back to Sun Valley Parkway. I am wondering if this road would have shown up as a navigable highway on the navigation system of a 2017 Jeep Renegade.

Saturday Search Update;
Nada, as far as I know. The Search Coordinator and Mr. Robinson went west 5 miles with about 16 to the proposed I-11 corridor (west side of Hassayampa). I believe this is in response to a "tip". The logistics Coordinator took a group of 14 back up Wagner Wash near the work/well site. that seemed to be to satisfy his own curiosity about thoroughness of Buckeye and previous groups???

There is heavy redaction on page 26 of the police report in regards to the 2 text messages to Stephen, his boss, and recipient of the one of of the last 5 outgoing texts. I wonder why? Ken and K are mentioned, so someone else is redacted. Unless I'm reading it wrong. It looks like a recipient is completely redacted at the bottom paragraph. I can understand employee confidentiality needing to be upheld on the employer side but not even the date is given of the 2 to his boss. There's a lot redacted. I wonder if he was having difficulty at work.
Yes. I have that marked as well. Stephen is the Project Manager and I can't think of anything shared with him that would require redaction. There are 3 totally redacted names on the first page listing of subjects. One is I believe Brandon Skelton, the rancher. It reads like he only gave his first name to BPD. In the Daily Mail article he is clearly anti BPD. The other two, I can't determine....YET!

According to others he was not having difficulty at work outside of the last 2 weeks and "odd" questioning/behavior noted in the report.

Just looking at the map in post 14 (AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021)
It looks like the Buckeye PD map (on the left) shows another road heading South East from the electrical sub station back to Sun Valley Parkway. I am wondering if this road would have shown up as a navigable highway on the navigation system of a 2017 Jeep Renegade.
It does and my spreadsheet of driving distances notes it (under "other distance" I believe I left but may have deleted it for clarity). In fact, if you put in the well site in Google Maps, it directs you to Sun Valley and Cactus but warns of possible private property crossings. If you put in the transformer substation as a destination it takes you up 315th Avenue and then across to the track you mention. Many of us have searched and driven it. Matrix prepared a map for staff for use showing how to gain access via Sun Valley and Cactus which Daniel had but with 14 miles unaccounted for in the morning before meeting Ken Elliot and 22 after I'd say its a good bet he knew that route.

@JJ Ray , in your opinion, what was the level and detail of the forensic analysis at the crash location? Little to none, half hearted or earnest effort?

I'm having difficulty trying to make his reported mental state work with a staged wreck scene. If the consensus was that it was a staged wreck scene, one gallon of gas would be about right for a mini-bike/small dirt bike to exit the wreck area and back to society.
The report notes attempts to locate prints at the scene but there is not a lot of detail in the report regarding that aspect. I personally don't think it was staged. See my early "Day of disappearance" post....

Just as a data point, I found a bill board on Sun Valley Parkway, the development company appear to be:
Douglas Ranch AZ | Arizona City of the Future
From the website: "The Douglas Ranch property is generally bounded by Jomax Road alignment on the north, Thunderbird/Cactus Road alignments on the south, 319th to 328th Avenue alignments on the east and 379th and 355th Avenue alignments on the west."
So you are local! The exact property for the work site (and the wreck site is just inside the southwest boundary) is "TW Purchase LLC" which is a subsidiary of "Trillium LLC". Trillium is marketed as "the gateway" to Douglas Ranch and a small but vital first piece. Ultimately Douglas Ranch will be the largest single planned resident development in states history. Trillium (like Douglas Ranch) is owned by El Dorado Holdings. The partner in Trillium is JDM Partners, Jerry Colangelo and Mark Stein and some other guy (the "D") I always forget...
Trillium is Brown and that massive Green mass to the west is Douglas Ranch proper...
https://buckeyearizona.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?appid=690f24e4daf84883a8d7fdf547b3303f

After spending months searching for his son in Arizona, David Robinson wishes authorities were more aggressive in their efforts to find him.

His 24-year-old son, Daniel Robinson, was last seen on June 23 after leaving a work site in Buckeye, Arizona, in his Jeep Renegade. The geologist's car was discovered by a rancher on July 19 about three miles away from the work site where he was last seen. The vehicle had suffered crash damage and a pile of his clothing and belongings was discovered nearby, the elder Robinson said.

Robinson, who lives in South Carolina but has been in Arizona for the past several months, said Thursday that a volunteer search team is continuously looking for clues and evidence within an 11-mile radius of where his son's Jeep Renegade was found.

As mystery surrounds the death of Jelani Day, families of missing Black men plead for more accountability

After spending months searching for his son in Arizona, David Robinson wishes authorities were more aggressive in their efforts to find him.

As mystery surrounds the death of Jelani Day, families of missing Black men plead for more accountability

I’d like to add from the link above that was shared by @JerseyGirl

Buckeye police assistant chief Bob Sanders had previously told CNN the department has followed up on every lead, interviewed co-workers, friends and relatives, and reviewed all evidence. Sanders said officers were working to give the family closure "one way or the other."

Out of the many curiousities of this case, I am also curious about:
—Why did Daniel buy just one gallon of gas at the Shell?
—Why did Daniel work a second job?

Was money tight? Was that a potential stressor for him?

Out of the many curiousities of this case, I am also curious about:
—Why did Daniel buy just one gallon of gas at the Shell?
—Why did Daniel work a second job?

Was money tight? Was that a potential stressor for him?
I struggle with this as well. As another (others?) has/have stated, it seems more likely to me (JMHO) that this was to fill a small gas can that might be used in some small engine tool/vehicle. Unless maybe the distraction and possible mental issues he *may* have been dealing with could have somehow caused him to pull into a gas station with the intent to use the bathroom or grab a snack, but mistakenly led him to pull up to a pump and start pumping gas out of sheer habit - until he realized that gas wasn't what he came there for. ...so maybe he stopped after a gallon and then went in to use the restroom or whatever his original need really was.

Or was it possible the gasoline was purchased for the work at the jobsite?

Which is why I asked earlier, with no disrespect intended to anyone who had already posted on the subject, whether we know precisely what their work tasks were at the well that morning.

Were they perhaps using a generator to power some other equipment? Or any sort of landscape tool, maybe one of their tasks was to maintain the area around the well? What kind of tool did they use to do any of their tasks, including taking samples from the well -- and how were those tools powered, if indeed they were powered?

I don't think it's likely that the one gallon gas purchase is related to what happened to DR, but if we're going to try to understand it anyway, these are my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288