Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly but have seen varying accounts. Most of the recent accounts say it wasn't til 2019 ( Her family said 2.5 years in all of the interviews eg
But Brian himself told the MOAB LE it was ' three years'

Another link says 2018 but doesn't narrow it down further

link is in the media thread here
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-%E2%80%98gabby%E2%80%99-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-8-25-21-media-maps-no-discussion.586401/page-2

Thanks. It makes me a little suspicious of this coworker's story if he claims GP came in several times a week during a time she and BL may not even have been dating? MOO

I think I see the point what you're saying about the ignore feature
Very true, names and dates, I think that too, could they hold it without opening it and then obtain a warrant? I just find these ‘errands’ suspicious, when they’ve got a son who is a POI in a homicide, especially when you can get things delivered, use a banking app or online banking, maybe they’re going stir crazy cooped up in their home but I doubt me personally would risk leaving the house for fear of someone hurting me or worse. It’s just so strange to me and they must have a purpose for it. IMO

I agree. However, I think that everything they do in public is calculated. It's not what it appears to be. Go to the bank. Take your time there. Mail a package to FedEx. If it's something nefarious, they are being way too obvious. Perhaps they want to give LE another task that will be a time waster and a wild goose chase. Investigating the possible cash from the bank and the package and who is was sent to and how it's all connected could lead them to a dead end to take the focus off of time sensitive true leads. IMO.

Just saw the article about the errand run today, and the pic. You know IMO I actually thought it was a very passive aggressive way of the L family saying 'screw all of you'. There certainly is some mystery in time spent at bank. I think they may have been getting new phones/lines/etc. The whole water thing is to me them making a statement. JMO and adds no value to where BL is, but I still don't think he's dead.
Their son hates bottled water, doesn't he? Maybe the statement was directed at him. I don't believe he's dead. jmo

I'm finding it hard to have any respect for a man willing to make fun

My respect level is subterranean at this point.

Gabby is dead and his client is on the run. Now is not the time to channel his inner child.

MOO.

That this lawyer would consider this something worth a chuckle is abhorrent, IMO.

I don't know what legal jeopardy may await him, as we don't yet know for certain what, if any, extra-legal role he has played, but I cannot imagine how he won't lose his clientele.

He is notorious now, he has allowed his clients to descend into an abyss of scorn, and his offhand remarks about "dusty relics" is not going to inspire any older clients to hire him in the future. IMO. At least I never would.

In Long Island and here in NYC there are lawyers on every block. He passed the NY bar, he must know something, but he's a walking, talking fiasco. JMO.

I agree. However, I think that everything they do in public is calculated. It's not what it appears to be. Go to the bank. Take your time there. Mail a package to FedEx. If it's something nefarious, they are being way too obvious. Perhaps they want to give LE another task that will be a time waster and a wild goose chase. Investigating the possible cash from the bank and the package and who is was sent to and how it's all connected could lead them to a dead end to take the focus off of time sensitive true leads. IMO.
If it comes out that all that is true - the part about the parents purposefully sending LE on wild goose chases with the reserve, this errand stunt, etc. - or that they aided BL in any way… I hope they absolutely throw the book at them in court.

That this lawyer would consider this something worth a chuckle is abhorrent, IMO.

I don't know what legal jeopardy may await him, as we don't yet know for certain what, if any, extra-legal role he has played, but I cannot imagine how he won't lose his clientele.

He is notorious now, he has allowed his clients to descend into an abyss of scorn, and his offhand remarks about "dusty relics" is not going to inspire any older clients to hire him in the future. IMO. At least I never would.

In Long Island and here in NYC there are lawyers on every block. He passed the NY bar, he must know something, but he's a walking, talking fiasco. JMO.

I was in attendance at a real estate closing in Long Island last week. Three lawyers were there. SB was the topic with much mirth and eye rolling. I don’t know what his prior reputation was, but I do know going forward that his peers think he is laughable.

Last edited:
I agree. Seemingly very normal. However, not everyone has a son that’s missing who is a person of interest in his fiancée’s death. Having to go into a bank & spend 25 minutes in there…I think I would run any errand you can think of BUT that lol JMO. & if you think about it, you can do so many things online with banking these days - even thru the drive thru. There is a relatively small list of things that you must go inside the bank in-person to do. Could be innocent like you said. However, considering the circumstances I would argue that the specific list of errands don’t do a whole lot for them lol. JMO. :)

Could they have needed to access a safe deposit box, for either BL or for themselves? Maybe they are tax dodging and putting cash from whatever (their business) in the safe deposit box. Just thinking outloud here…

Definitely a good point, throw suspicion elsewhere as it seems that the preserve is showing up empty (so far)
The normality of their behaviour weirds me out, I would literally be terrified someone would exact revenge in gabbys name (which I would never condone) but as a rational person that certainly would be on my mind. I like your theory that it’s to potentially throw LE off the scent so too speak. Considering CaL has received threats we can assume the laundries have also, so why risk it? MOO

Well, that's what I meant. At some point, this became a federal fugitive case, which it wasn't at the beginning.

Can you weigh in on why you think all three of his clients face considerable exposure? According to the parents, BL left before he was charged with anything.

But if the lawyer does know where BL is, it could be because he's in direct touch with him, and not through the parents. Or, it could be through the parents, in which case, it seems like a conflict of interest to handle all three clients. In either situation (BL directly in contact with lawyer; BL only in contact with parents).

Personally I don't think BL is directly in contact with his lawyer or his parents...

ALL MOO/Speculation

The parents met LE at the well-check visit or van seizure (they happened to occur right after each other) with retained counsel. If the parents knew nothing, SB could have successfully counseled BL to the best of his abilities, leaving the parents out of it, as he made sure he did with Cassie. MOO The fact that the parents could not be left out of this at that EARLY date speaks volumes "to me." Still, if SB had negotiated for a surrender after GP was found, he still could have had a very good chance at keeping the parents out of it. Instead he did not. BL was already gone, but not necessarily to a place where his parents could not find him. MOO Now, nearly a month and a half later all of his clients face significant exposure bc of these decisions IMOO. The window of opportunity that SB had to fashion a plausible defense that would insulate them has closed. This is JMO.

Could they have needed to access a safe deposit box, for either BL or for themselves? Maybe they are tax dodging and putting cash from whatever (their business) in the safe deposit box. Just thinking outloud here…
Could have been!! I didn’t even think about one of those. I feel like they are a lot less common these days. Lol.

ALL MOO/Speculation

The parents met LE at the well-check visit or van seizure (they happened to occur right after each other) with retained counsel. If the parents knew nothing, SB could have successfully counseled BL to the best of his abilities, leaving the parents out of it, as he made sure he did with Cassie. MOO The fact that the parents could not be left out of this at that EARLY date speaks volumes "to me." Still, if SB had negotiated for a surrender after GP was found, he still could have had a very good chance at keeping the parents out of it. Instead he did not. BL was already gone, but not necessarily to a place where his parents could not find him. MOO Now, nearly a month and a half later all of clients face significant exposure IMOO. The window of opportunity that SB had to fashion a plausible defense that would insulate them has closed. This is JMO.

IMO, I don't think that we know they aren't insulated as much as CaL. It could be that the the only thing they know is that BL came home without GP and asked for a lawyer, so they arranged for one. They may not know anything else. Or it could be true that they know everything. We just don't know.

ALL MOO/Speculation

The parents met LE at the well-check visit or van seizure (they happened to occur right after each other) with retained counsel. If the parents knew nothing, SB could have successfully counseled BL to the best of his abilities, leaving the parents out of it, as he made sure he did with Cassie. MOO The fact that the parents could not be left out of this at that EARLY date speaks volumes "to me." Still, if SB had negotiated for a surrender after GP was found, he still could have had a very good chance at keeping the parents out of it. Instead he did not. BL was already gone, but not necessarily to a place where his parents could not find him. MOO Now, nearly a month and a half later all of his clients face significant exposure bc of these decisions IMOO. The window of opportunity that SB had to fashion a plausible defense that would insulate them has closed. This is JMO.
RBBM :) completely 100% agree. That train has left the station IMO. A jury would have a hard time with everything that has transpired & everything he, himself has said IMO.

If it comes out that all that is true - the part about the parents purposefully sending LE on wild goose chases with the reserve, this errand stunt, etc. - or that they aided BL in any way… I hope they absolutely throw the book at them in court.

I agree. I believe that in the CA case, the search for her daughter was supposed to be reimbursed by CA because she knew her daughter wasn't alive and let the search go on by lying to LE that she was missing. Whether or not she was sued and forced to pay or it was a condition in the case that she paid for it like one has to pay court fees, attorney fees, etc. who knows. I've never seen it mentioned since. It could be the same exact situation with BL if the L's knew exactly where he was the entire time and even joined LE to search for a day. Asking the dad to help search could later be mentioned to show next level deceit on his part if they find out he knew exactly where BL was and it wasn't in the reserve. IMO.

I know opening anyone’s mail in England that isn’t your own is massively illegal, you’re not even allowed to open your spouses mail. So definitely I think they could send it. I can’t see the FBI showing up and opening it without some legal ramifications.
I do enjoy other people’s opinions and haven’t used ignore so far but I think today is the day unfortunately. MOO

That is basically true in the United States also. The difference may be that the United States Post Office is a branch of government and I don't know how that would be applied in a FBI investigation.

The postal inspector's do their own investigations regarding all mail functions, including customer's whose mail is being stolen from a mail box, stealing from the facility by employee's, dumping mail by employee's, mail fraud, and those are just a few.

Ted Kazynski was using Postal Services to mail his bombs, this is the only public case that I can recall where postal inspector's were involved. I'm sure there are many more, I just don't know the cases. jmo
eta: I believe when the FBI is involved in a criminal investigation such as Ted Kazynski's case, they would work in tandem, sharing information to be used in tracking the criminal involved. jmo

MOO, but possibly they were withdrawing a large amount of cash, then mailing it through FedEx. The only time we go into a bank anymore is for reasons as such. JMO

I do want to post something that is going to upset many.
We laughed at Jose Baez, we thought he was a low life, we thought he was incompetent.
Casey Anthony lives free though.

I agree, it's very easy to make fun of SB (he makes it easy!) but...his client is still not in custody and his other clients are still not making any incriminating statements. He may be obnoxious, but he is so far effective. MOO

I agree, it's very easy to make fun of SB (he makes it easy!) but...his client is still not in custody and his other clients are still not making any incriminating statements. He may be obnoxious, but he is so far effective. MOO
I agree. However, I feel like he’s talking enough for all three of them…& maybe not in a good way lol. JMO.

Thanks. It makes me a little suspicious of this coworker's story if he claims GP came in several times a week during a time she and BL may not even have been dating? MOO

Agreed but I think the issues here are
- none of the links /statements are consistent imo ( We've had from 2019, from 2018)
- Also I can't tell whether this Fox link means mainly vacation/seasonal work at the garden centre. Does the co-worker mean 2-3 times a week just during Brian's summer weeks in 2018 there?

Petito and Laundrie rekindled an old friendship in 2018 while living on Long Island and "from then on they were madly in love," according to the friend.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-%E2%80%98gabby%E2%80%99-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-8-25-21-media-maps-no-discussion.586401/page-2

BTW the WS media sources page is really good, it has extra info that's easily missed. Think that link I gave you on page 2 is the one which explains an off & on relationship during high school before they started again & quickly moved to Florida. ( I'd have to recheck it to be sure)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member