Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked if they didn't. Jmo

Long ago, I was a witness (FBI case). One home visit, my assigned agent arrived with an IRS agent for a "meet and greet" he said. The IRS agent told me they looked into my finances bc the government wanted no surprises at trial. My agent said they knew more about me than I knew about myself at that point. Maybe as a thank you, the IRS audited me for the next 7 years.

But Border Control or Customs are allowed to open packages or mail.

I don't know about international laws and procedures. I imagine that's completely different when these entities suspect something illegal is in bags or package. jmo It's crossing continental lines, it's seems like a different animal.

Long ago, I was a witness (FBI case). One home visit, my assigned agent arrived with an IRS agent for a "meet and greet" he said. The IRS agent told me they looked into my finances bc the government wanted no surprises at trial. My agent said they knew more about me than I knew about myself at that point. Maybe as a thank you, the IRS audited me for the next 7 years.
Oh, wow! They did that because you were testifying as a witness in a trial? Fascinating and scary.

So what he is saying, that people who are nervous, uncomfortable, and/or insecure are basically psychopaths. That's pretty scary.
I would say way over analyzed...what happened to boyfriend/girlfriend argument? The future action was much bleaker, but who can predict the future? Certainly not Moab LE or Park Rangers. If what Rose has said is true, why was BL'S rage and hallucinations ignored or not treated. That is scary! MOO

In their shoes, if I didn't know where my son went, I know I would be trying to find him. I believe I would make appeals to him, as well as work with authorities.
Maybe they feel they are working sufficiently with authorities?
At first contact, handing police officers the attorney's contact information is hardly 'working sufficiently.' jmo

And… cue my disgust for SB for today! This is why people (myself included) don’t like the Laundries. There’s been a homicide of a young girl. It’s not funny. Her life and sense of humor is gone forever. SB’s lack of tact and lack of situational awareness is gross to me. Since the parents have not distanced themselves from this man, I have to assume they approve of his public statements which, for the most part, is why I think poorly of them. JMO.
My take is not that it was a "joke", more like him being a smart-a$$.

I would be shocked if they didn't. Jmo

Oh, wow! They did that because you were testifying as a witness in a trial? Fascinating and scary.

Yes, and scary yes. After 2 years, it never went to trial, ended in plea bargain.

So what he is saying, that people who are nervous, uncomfortable, and/or insecure are basically psychopaths. That's pretty scary.

In my completely amateur opinion, it seems to me like it might be plausible that a diagnosed psychopath might smile when lying, but it absolutely does not necessarily follow that anyone who smiles when lying is a psychopath. I don't think amateur sleuths are in a position to judge based on a video. MOO

I don't know about international laws and procedures. I imagine that's completely different when these entities suspect something illegal is in bags or package. jmo It's crossing continental lines, it's seems like a different animal.

Yes and sending certain amounts of cash isn't illegal. I would also doubt that when someone is asked what is in the package and (i.e. someone says clothing but really there's a couple stacks of cash and a tshirt) the person would face any legal consequences as long as those items aren't something illegal. IMO

Pretty much. In a nutshell.... :confused:
If you ever witness it, you will never miss seeing on a person again. For example, when Jodi Arias was on the witness stand calmly lying about the murder she would have a slight smile/smirk when she lied and thought she was smarter than everyone else . CA did the exact same smirk when lying about her baby being taken by a Nanny. Jmo

Yes, and scary yes. After 2 years, it never went to trial, ended in plea bargain.
I really am trying not to be nosy but I have questions, lol!

If they don't, they can be prosecuted. jmo

They would be prosecuted if it was something illegal. It is legal to send certain amounts of cash through the mail. It's not recommended of course but it's not illegal. IMO.

In my completely amateur opinion, it seems to me like it might be plausible that a diagnosed psychopath might smile when lying, but it absolutely does not necessarily follow that anyone who smiles when lying is a psychopath. I don't think amateur sleuths are in a position to judge based on a video. MOO
I never said that everyone who smiles when lying are psychopaths. There are a few who are very memorable though. Bundy, Drew and Scott Peterson, Jodi Arias, CA. Jmo

If you ever witness it, you will never miss seeing on a person again. For example, when Jodi Arias was on the witness stand calmly lying about the murder she would have a slight smile/smirk when she lied and thought she was smarter than everyone else . CA did the exact same smirk when lying about her baby being taken by a Nanny. Jmo
How long was Jodi on the stand for? Days IIRC. Enough to establish a baseline I'm guessing. Brian was on camera for a few minutes. Nobody knows his mannerisms. Especially not armchair behavioural analysts.

How long was Jodi on the stand for? Days IIRC. Enough to establish a baseline I'm guessing. Brian was on camera for a few minutes. Nobody knows his mannerisms. Especially not armchair behavioural analysts.

BL may be an abuser, a murderer, and a coward. We have no idea if he has a mental illness such as psychopathy. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23