Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long was Jodi on the stand for? Days IIRC. Enough to establish a baseline I'm guessing. Brian was on camera for a few minutes. Nobody knows his mannerisms. Especially not armchair behavioural analysts.
It doesn't matter how long he was on camera. It mattered WHEN he did it. The context. At what point in the conversation.
For instance, If someone asks me do I like to hurt people and I say " No, of course not!" But I smirk as I deny it that is DD.
Jmo

Would they answer honestly when asked what is in the box? IMO.

I ship numerous FedEx and UPS packages every month. Mostly eBay sales of mundane used goods. I print my labels at home, tape them on the box, and drop them off at the FedEx store. Only rarely am I asked what's in the box, and usually just on the bigger items.

At the Post Office, IF (and a big IF) I go to the counter to say Hi to my favorite clerks, all I'm asked is if it is fragile, liquid, dangerous, etc...nothing about the actual contents.

I once received a bottle of Mampoer (South African moonshine) wrapped in barbed wire from a friend in South Africa via the USPS, which is not legal. I lived in Utah at the time. I still wonder what went through that customs inspector's mind when/if he opened up that box. Maybe "Oh, Utah? Yeah, I'll just look the other way on this one today."

IMO, I don't think that we know they aren't insulated as much as CaL. It could be that the the only thing they know is that BL came home without GP and asked for a lawyer, so they arranged for one. They may not know anything else. Or it could be true that they know everything. We just don't know.

I dug into this question yesterday in this post and, based on all that timeline, their actions definitely seem to point BL's parents being quite well informed on the situation.

With UPS & Fedex, FBI would need warrants to do business with them legally. They both are not government entities. jmo

And someone could drop a package in USPS mail without a return address - and send it to an address where someone might be hiding, but addressed to some other name. As long as BL knows the package is coming. Addressed to BL Jones or even Mysteries INC. Such packages are delivered all the time.

And how would the FBI, in that scenario, know that the Laundries are sending anything?

These presumes that BL is staying someplace known to his parents. He'd need a fake ID to rent at all but the lowest rent hotels, but he sure could be squatting or harbored someplace.

I would say way over analyzed...what happened to boyfriend/girlfriend argument? The future action was much bleaker, but who can predict the future? Certainly not Moab LE or Park Rangers. If what Rose has said is true, why was BL'S rage and hallucinations ignored or not treated. That is scary! MOO
when an argument escalates to hitting and slapping it becomes domestic violence. The Moab LE need better training. JMO

I never said it was their fault. I said it made me angry and sad that they didn't realize why she was so anxious and upset. It was difficult to watch. Jmo

Maybe they had a months worth of Colorado supplies in the van after visiting town all day and she was terrified LE was going to search the van? Is it possible that there might be something else that might make someone anxious and upset? My daughter's first traffic stop overwhelmed her so much that she was in a crying panic until my wife could get to her.

And someone could drop a package in USPS mail without a return address - and send it to an address where someone might be hiding, but addressed to some other name. As long as BL knows the package is coming. Addressed to BL Jones or even Mysteries INC. Such packages are delivered all the time.

And how would the FBI, in that scenario, know that the Laundries are sending anything?

These presumes that BL is staying someplace known to his parents. He'd need a fake ID to rent at all but the lowest rent hotels, but he sure could be squatting or harbored someplace.
RBBM :)
I’ve speculated for some time that what you said might be the case. An apartment or hotel room or something. JMO.

I agree. Seemingly very normal. However, not everyone has a son that’s missing who is a person of interest in his fiancée’s death. Having to go into a bank & spend 25 minutes in there…I think I would run any errand you can think of BUT that lol JMO. & if you think about it, you can do so many things online with banking these days - even thru the drive thru. There is a relatively small list of things that you must go inside the bank in-person to do. Could be innocent like you said. However, considering the circumstances I would argue that the specific list of errands don’t do a whole lot for them lol. JMO. :)
Maybe BL was on their business account? When the feds froze Brian's accounts it may have included the business account, if he was on it. It could easily take 25 minutes to open a new business account, which you probably have to do in person.

Just bored and speculating here.

I'm not a fan of the protestors but you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt when the parents aren't doing anything to suggest they're helping. You're also not going to get much sympathy given the responses given by the lawyer who is representing both BL and the parents.
They’re bringing it all on themselves, all of them. Every single one of their actions aren’t normal-people-who-have-compassion-for-others behavior. They’re defensive, and likely due to the guilt behind those actions. MOO.

Maybe they had a months worth of Colorado supplies in the van after visiting town all day and she was terrified LE was going to search the van? Is it possible that there might be something else that might make someone anxious and upset? My daughter's first traffic stop overwhelmed her so much that she was in a crying panic until my wife could get to her.
It could have been just upset about being stopped by the police. Heck that would get me upset lol. However, I did notice a distinct difference in her behavior when the officer said something about a citation & separating them for the night. For some reason something was triggered. Idk what it was, but something that officer said in that moment sent her anxiety thru the roof. JMO. I wish we knew what that was :( poor girl.

Maybe BL was on their business account? When the feds froze Brian's accounts it may have included the business account, if he was on it. It could easily take 25 minutes to open a new business account, which you probably have to do in person.

Just bored and speculating here.
Could have been! It’s possible.

Im not gonna get on here and pretend to hold any sympathy for the Laundries. Im also not gonna come on here an pretend that all the anguish they are recieving right now they dont deserve. They do...say what you wanna say but they are suppose to be adults and there are certain things as a adult that you should just know how to react too. I dont care what kind of story Brian told them as to why he came home without Gabby to begin with, as soon as they found out Gabby was missing right then they should have contacted the Petito family and told them what they knew, if they thought Brian was completly innocent then what did they have to loose by contacting their lwyer and sending him with Brian to speak to the police and tell them exactly what happened. instead they decided to close him up in their home and stay completey quiet and let the parents suffer when Brian had enough info to put things into perspective for them.
Thats not how parents are suppose to react to problems from their children, then some say, he is grown they cant make him do anything....ok then...thats when you say, listen if your not gonna do the right thing then we will go down and tell them everything we know ourselves.....
There is a time to just be a decent human being when it comes to someones life being in danger and they chose not to be one! IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes