Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother-in-law buys enormous packages of bottled water at BJ's (similar to Sam's Club/Costco). Before we left her house this summer she was stocked up with five of those enormous packages. We have an RO system so we don't use as much bottled water as we used to; however, at our former home we went through a lot of bottled water.

ETA: When we're at Costco I always see people loaded up with bottled water.

I always see that at Costco too. That seems normal. A lot of people have an extra fridge in their garage where they store extra beverages, etc. Buying a bunch of water is probably the least suspicious thing they have done lately. IMO

I 'd missed this, it's really helpful thanks & am just reading through it now.
Is that definitely true that the Se Soto campsite doesn't have service?
Fort DeSoto really isn't very remote so I think that cell phone service is probably not a problem although it's not specifically addressed on their website.

Pinellas County, Florida, Park and Conservation Resources - Camping Information
Fort De Soto Campground Information:
A 236-site family camping area with facilities including picnic tables, grills, water, electricity, washers, dryers, sanitary disposal stations, modern restrooms, showers, play areas, and a campground store. Special camp sites for camping with pets.

Wi-Fi at camp store and office.

jmho

People seriously still go to the bank? As in get out of the car, go in the door, and let the teller do his/her thing, and come back out with a bunch of cash? Like actual bills? IMO this is very abnormal. I find it very red-flaggy. :confused:

It's declining, but it's still not unusual.. Paticularly amongst the older generations who grew up in an age without the internet and while ATM's were still not common.

I have multiple bank accounts and even with COVID, my bank only allows two transactions via drive thru. If I have more than two transactions that cannot be accomplished via the bank app, yes, I go into the bank. It’s not a weekly thing but it’s not rare.

I've thought about this. During the Moab stop LE told BL he would need to stop by the police station before a noon tomorrow (this was Thursday) to fill out the paperwork or they would be looking at until Monday morning (all weekend). Could BL and GP not have even hooked up again until Monday if he didn't go into the Police Station by noon Friday? Just something to ponder...
Gabby wasn't charged in the end so there was no need to go to the police station to fill out.
It seemed like they were on a kind of "honor system" to stay apart that night.

I haven't heard where Gabby went with the van until the next morning.
I would like to know what she did that night.

You're all going to hate me for this. But, GP's father said in her eulogy that Gabby would cry when she was grounded or something and he would let her off the hook. He then said he thought that maybe she was crying on purpose to get out of trouble. Sort of crying on command. Not saying she was doing this at the Moab stop at all, but just something that caught my attention. I'm on Gabby's side and this is probaby irrelevant but just wanted to mention it.
I don't hate you for saying it and I am sure her dad knows her better than anyone of us.... but Moab wasn't "that". She'd just been in a physical altercation with BL, he'd taken her phone and locked her out of her "home" and she was being questioned by the cops in the back of a patrol car. I'm curious what exactly caught your attention since you are saying you don't think she was doing that during the Moab stop? MOO

What is the consensus on the recent alleged "sighting" of BL on a bicycle in Dunnellon?

Has it been determined yet that it wasn't him?

Do any of you think BL is still alive? Personally I've been leaning towards him being deceased due to the elements.

Sorry, just trying to catch up now. This thread moves fast!

Personally, the only time I ever buy that much bottled water at once is when I'm throwing a party or when I'm going on a road trip. And since it's probably not the former...

Legally, though, there's nothing preventing them from leaving town, is there?
I didn't think that was really that much water. Especially when you only leave the house every two weeks or so. Plus they may use it for everything. Dishes, coffee, cooking or whatever. I bought six gallons the other day for emergencies. That maybe their regular purchase amount.

Are they not humans with basic needs nobody told media to follow them
No more so than the hundreds of SAR and LE that were forced to spend weeks searching a smelly filthy swamp on the basis of a lie, a lie they allowed to run until finally confronted by the FBI regarding clarification of the day he actually went to the alleged swamp and certainly no more than the beautiful girl found decomposing in a remote place, a girl they actively refused to help locate.
I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess at what they might need, physically or spiritually.

I've thought about this. During the Moab stop LE told BL he would need to stop by the police station before a noon tomorrow (this was Thursday) to fill out the paperwork or they would be looking at until Monday morning (all weekend). Could BL and GP not have even hooked up again until Monday if he didn't go into the Police Station by noon Friday? Just something to ponder...
This paperwork at the Police Station was only going to be necessary if one of them was going to be charged with Domestic Assault, which didn't end-up happening. The officer asked that they separate for the night (but also informed Brian that legally they can't enforce this, not sure that Gabby was given the same information regarding enforecement)

Gabby wasn't charged in the end so there was no need to go to the police station to fill out.

I agree. I remember someone saying her dad ordered food to be delivered to where she was and that they spoke on the phone. I'm not sure if that was the night they had to stay apart from one another or if that was during the time BL flew back to supposedly empty out the storage locker. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about either of those events. Where she stayed, where she went (while he was in FL did she sit in the hotel all day by herself), etc. IMO.

I agree. I remember someone saying her dad ordered food to be delivered to where she was and that they spoke on the phone. I'm not sure if that was the night they had to stay apart from one another or if that was during the time BL flew back to supposedly empty out the storage locker. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about either of those events. Where she stayed, where she went (while he was in FL did she sit in the hotel all day by herself), etc. IMO.

The food order was during the time BL was back in Florida. The timeline thread says it was August 21.

I don't hate you for saying it and I am sure her dad knows her better than anyone of us.... but Moab wasn't "that". She'd just been in a physical altercation with BL, he'd taken her phone and locked her out of her "home" and she was being questioned by the cops in the back of a patrol car. I'm curious what exactly caught your attention since you are saying you don't think she was doing that during the Moab stop? MOO
Well, it just caught my attention when he said to the effect that she could just cry like that on purpose to get out of trouble. She could have been using that technique, to some extent, to get them both out of trouble in Moab. JMO.

Personally, the only time I ever buy that much bottled water at once is when I'm throwing a party or when I'm going on a road trip. And since it's probably not the former...

Legally, though, there's nothing preventing them from leaving town, is there?
We can't drink the water here its horrible! We go thru cases and cases of water a week!

Well, it just caught my attention when he said to the effect that she could just cry like that on purpose to get out of trouble. She could have been using that technique, to some extent, to get them both out of trouble in Moab

Ok, wasn't sure if she still got a citation. Thanks for your help!
. JMO.

One major thing that is really bothering me, especially after the jokey comment by the lawyer tonight, how can he act on the behalf of BL when BL is missing? Has BL signed over his rights to his parents, would this imply he/they knew he was going ‘missing’, I cannot understand how a lawyer can make statements on behalf of a client who can’t give his ‘ok’ to the lawyer. I’m baffled and I would be very very upset if this ever happened to me. Who the heck is he getting his ok from to speak for BL? Is it a way for the lawyer to perhaps show wrongful representation if it ever comes to court, anything said now can’t be used, he didn’t have adequate council etc etc. I just don’t understand what is happening with the lawyers tweets, has this ever happened before? MOO

I don't understand it either. Clients have to instruct their lawyers and I've never heard of one doing anything like this without client approval. He can't simply take it upon himself to release info without their say-so. If he did, and there were consequences, I'd imagine they could take proceedings against him.

What is the consensus on the recent alleged "sighting" of BL on a bicycle in Dunnellon?

Has it been determined yet that it wasn't him?

Do any of you think BL is still alive? Personally I've been leaning towards him being deceased due to the elements.

Sorry, just trying to catch up now. This thread moves fast!

I think he’s alive. He’d have to really hate his parents to off himself in a manner that would ensure his body would never be found, thus leaving them to always wonder if he’s dead or alive. What would be the point? Instead, he’s in hiding and leaving investigators to think he may be deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn