Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's errand run was a game, imo. It was taunting the media and others, buying cases of water, bank run and FedEx - total bs. And it was both of them not just one L. All JMO
They could have definitely been more creative if they wanted to prank the media. Let's see....an "adult toy" shop, Ryder truck rental, horse supply, giant cookies, new glasses shop, an avalanche shovel, wool hat in hunter orange, football logo T-shirt... SM would go crazy trying to figure out what that was all about.

People seriously still go to the bank? As in get out of the car, go in the door, and let the teller do his/her thing, and come back out with a bunch of cash? Like actual bills? IMO this is very abnormal. I find it very red-flaggy. :confused:

I mostly don’t, but occasionally have to see a teller; and you ALWAYS have to go into the bank when you access your safe deposit box-they won’t bring it to the drive-thru!

May Gabby RIP, I feel she's being lost in these threads and discussions about actions of others. She lost her life, her family is devastated and those that have the answers are silent or missing. I hope no one has to deal with what they are dealing with.

Oh, wow! Now that's an interesting theory I've never thought of. What for?
No idea, but, IF that is the case, I am guessing it will be a while before we would know why. I do sometimes wonder....

And I imagine they have been holed up long enough that they actually needed to run errands and get supplies. I don't see anything odd about it. I personally wouldn't read anything into it.

MOO.
For a normal older couple, I would not, but they are parents of a fugitive, who hates water bottles, and they bought a couple of cases, went to the phone store, the bank, which given their age would not be an immediate flag, but then again, their son is a fugitive. They are of the age where cash app, Apple Pay, they may very well use it, and then to ship a package via fedex. I do use fed ex and other mailing apps, but it is mostly them coming to me with deliveries from online purchases. The rare things I mail are for work. Brian being a fugitive, his parents at Walmart, the bank, AT&T and then off to fedex, are they messing with us or do they really have no clue and are mailing things to Brian?

I don’t think we’re allowed to discuss mental health issues.

I balance my checkbook. I write some big checks for my daughter’s gymnastics that take a while to clear. Plus I’m an accountant.

my son flips real estate and it all takes place at the real estate office not the bank. Fedex isn't involved. jmo
When I sold my condo a hundred miles away, what wasn't done on line was done thru FedEx. When I closed it was in person at a Title company a hundred miles away. So, my point is, there is no SOP.

Again, getting caught up now. First time in this thread here. So are you thinking that BL is a sociopath? I guess if he's guilty (I think he is) it would make sense.
I haven’t seen enough of him to make that type of judgment. And I haven’t seen anyone ask the questions of him that would allow for a judgment to be made. I personally think most killers have some type of mental illness.

A poster had stated that personality disorders and mental disorders were different so I wanted to clarify with a link before it devolved into debate is all. :)

MOO

Perhaps they are restructuring their trust (if they have one) and wills to remove BL from those documents. They may also be removing him from any other entities - business, savings accounts, etc. This has all probably been mentioned.

They could have definitely been more creative if they wanted to prank the media. Let's see....an "adult toy" shop, Ryder truck rental, horse supply, giant cookies, new glasses shop, an avalanche shovel, wool hat in hunter orange, football logo T-shirt... SM would go crazy trying to figure out what that was all about.
You have clearly given this considerable thought!
Thanks for the giggle, I didn't realise quite how badly I needed it. :):)

They could be purchasing/closing on a new home loan or refinance.

Or they could have went in and had a cup of coffee and left. Most banks offer courtesy coffee. There's no telling and all we can do is speculate. I also think the more MSM and people online are talking about their errands, the less people are thinking about the task at hand which is finding their son. IMO.

do you have proof that they can’t? I’m pretty sure the FBI can’t just go and open packages when they feel like it without a warrant and I’m sure fed ex wouldn’t allow it without a warrant, and if it’s to a friend how could they prove it was for BL?
FedEx doesn't allow the mailing of cash. It is not illegal, but is on their prohibited list. When you sign a shipping slip, you agree to not do those things. This gives a little more detail Attorneys for Seizures of UPS or FedEx Packages for Forfeiture

Yes. People go to the bank. That's why there are bank branches all over, full of customers and employees. There is nothing abnormal about it.

We do not know, nor has anyone claimed, that they walked out with "bunches of cash." For all we know, they deposited cash.
My mention of cash was a general statement, not a particular reference.

The only people I know who may go to the bank are folks who need a mortgage or a loan, and small business owners. I've had an account for 20 years, and I've never been to any branch of the bank which holds the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler