Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
just very poor journalism. I use that term lightly. Some versions of this article have 7 bodies. Read the details. A couple in NC found a body and people online speculated it was Brian. It was not. They were not looking for Brian and the Brian hunt did not find this man It is similar with the two separate women found. The one man in the Tetons could arguably be directly tied to searching for Gabby, but not for the hunt for Brian. These bodies would have been found even if Brian had not run. JMO

I agree for the most part, but I am not so sure about the man in the Tetons. If I remember the story correctly new witnesses came forward after seeing the man mentioned in the stories searching for GP and reported on what trail they had seen him. That allowed the searchers to actually get a comprehensive search out for him. Before that they just knew he was in the area and had no idea what trail he was hiking. So that one should be directly at the feet of the GP search. They may have found him at some point, but maybe not.

Strange part is waiting 30 minutes for bank to open and going to a AT&T that is closed. JMOO they are wierd people, why not go for a coffee? Or plan your day better?

I wonder if they spoke to any random people who did not work in those places? Perhaps to pass on information or hand something off or place/hide something somewhere in the store that a third party could come in later and pick up. Could be a way to pass on something like money or information to B. IMO.

I seen a Sm account in BL's name, yet it said he lived in Charlotte. Did he follow Gabby down south from N.Y.

The pathways GP and BL took after high school are pretty murky to me. I have no clear idea how GP came to move in with him in FL. But IF he followed her to NC, I don't see why he'd move to Charlotte. That's a 3 1/2 hour drive from the Wilmington area where she was working.
JMO

I've seen this happen before in other cases. Places that haven't been searched, get searched, and other missing people are found. Especially in places like the AT or other Nat'l or State reserves. If we could spare the resources for an agency who just did in depth searches at specific reserves or forests it would most likely bring closure to lots of families.

My thoughts on the latest " The poor Laundries" comments by Steve Bertilono:

His attempt to create sympathy for the clients HE represents is laughable. HE chose to advise them to keep quiet, and to stand by his advice. IMO, HE chose to USE the Laundries as his claim to fame...regarding their right to remain silent. He now is trying to repair the damage done by HIS direction, and he is failing.

IMO, this is not the case to hang your hat on, regarding the right to remain silent. BL, and possibly his family are in serious jeopardy ....rightly so..and SB has complicated this situation tenfold.

Well, it just caught my attention when he said to the effect that she could just cry like that on purpose to get out of trouble. She could have been using that technique, to some extent, to get them both out of trouble in Moab. JMO.

That would be some award-winning acting, IMO! In the eulogy, Gabby’s dad was describing a very happy child who knew tears worked on Daddy to get her out of being grounded. As a previous poster said, MOAB was not that. The happy Gabby in their memories must have contrasted so painfully with the deeply suffering young woman in those videos. It would have been hard to watch no matter what—but I think it’s especially hard to witness the agony and destruction of someone (your baby!) who had been so joyful, loving, and full of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong