Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
A second woman picked up Brian on the 29th. She told the news outlet that Brian asked her if she was going to Jackson, Wyoming and when she told him no, he asked if she could drop him off at the Spread Creek campsite and she agreed. Spread Creek is about a 20-minute drive from the dam. During the drive, Jalovec said she made small talk with Laundrie - the same kind that Baker claimed to have had. He also offered her gas money, but she didn't accept it. Jalovec said Laundrie asked her to drop him off at the gate of the remote campground (which has a single dirt road that extends miles to various camping sites in the area), but when she said she could drive him inside he tried to "get out of the moving car.” Jalovec said she joked with Laundrie about wanting to impress his fiancée by hiking into the campground rather than hitching a ride, but he responded only by insisting that he be let out of the SUV. At 6:30 or 6:40PM there would have still been some daylight to see into the camping area. Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking
The Jalovec story is one that makes me think that BL was afraid of what she might see if she drove all the way to the van; on the other hand, what about all the other campers around the van that could have seen the same thing.
So why wouldn't he let her drive to the van.

The pathways GP and BL took after high school are pretty murky to me. I have no clear idea how GP came to move in with him in FL. But IF he followed her to NC, I don't see why he'd move to Charlotte. That's a 3 1/2 hour drive from the Wilmington area where she was working.
JMO
SM was probably just posted from Charlotte. I think parents had an apartment in SC for business...no idea if any of them ever lived there, but Charlotte is fairly near SC. jmo

For those of you wondering why LE is searching the game preserve...
Let's say Brian resurfaces, is arrested and charged and goes to trial.
What would LE say if they had NOT searched the game preserve?
If they had decided NOT to act on the Laundries claim he was in there committing suicide?
BL's lawyer would accuse them of sloppy police work, bias, a rush to judgement.
JMHO

My thoughts on the latest " The poor Laundries" comments by Steve Bertilono:

His attempt to create sympathy for the clients HE represents is laughable. HE chose to advise them to keep quiet, and to stand by his advice. IMO, HE chose to USE the Laundries as his claim to fame...regarding their right to remain silent. He now is trying to repair the damage done by HIS direction, and he is failing.

IMO, this is not the case to hang your hat on, regarding the right to remain silent. BL, and possibly his family are in serious jeopardy ....rightly so..and SB has complicated this situation tenfold.

I think I missed his last statement... where can I find it?

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFLAJB

NOW: From
@WFLAAllyson
, there's been a ramp up in police activity on both sides of the Carlton Reserve, the search area for Brian Laundrie. Interestingly, this comes a day after the reserve was reopened. #WFLANow stream is in the works.
Makes me wonder if they think he does have some sort of burner phone that he's using to check news, and once they reopened the reserve(s) it might make him feel he's off the hook and no longer being searched for.

The Jalovec story is one that makes me think that BL was afraid of what she might see if she drove all the way to the van; on the other hand, what about all the other campers around the van that could have seen the same thing.
So why wouldn't he let her drive to the van.

My speculation: I think that BL went off hiking to "cool off" during an argument and left GP at Spread Creek by herself, possibly without keys and/or her phone (or without enough phone service to get a hold of her friend, whom she was supposed to contact to meet up with that day).

BL knew that GP would be upset about him deserting her and missing her friend's birthday and, after Moab (and Merry Piglets?) he was sick of other people getting involved in or "putting their nose into" their arguments, so he didn't want the driver around to witness whatever Gabby's reaction was upon his return.

For those of you wondering why LE is searching the game preserve...
Let's say Brian resurfaces, is arrested and charged and goes to trial.
What would LE say if they had NOT searched the game preserve?
If they had decided NOT to act on the Laundries claim he was in there committing suicide?
BL's lawyer would accuse them of sloppy police work, bias, a rush to judgement.
JMHO

I don't think that argument would work in the slightest. Plenty of people go missing while suicidal and none get the extent of search and Police resource that has been focussed on Brian. If he wasn't a POI in a murder and was just another suicidal person they'd have given up some time ago sadly.

JMO.

My speculation: I think that BL went off hiking to "cool off" during an argument and left GP at Spread Creek by herself, possibly without keys and/or her phone (or without enough phone service to get a hold of her friend, whom she was supposed to contact to meet up with that day).

BL knew that GP would be upset about him deserting her and missing her friend's birthday and, after Moab (and Merry Piglets?) he was sick of other people getting involved in or "putting their nose into" their arguments, so he didn't want the driver around to witness whatever Gabby's reaction was upon his return.
IF that were true; why would Gabby NOT go try to talk to another camper or get help from someone?
To me this explanation makes no sense. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member