Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speculation: I think that BL went off hiking to "cool off" during an argument and left GP at Spread Creek by herself, possibly without keys and/or her phone (or without enough phone service to get a hold of her friend, whom she was supposed to contact to meet up with that day).

BL knew that GP would be upset about him deserting her and missing her friend's birthday and, after Moab (and Merry Piglets?) he was sick of other people getting involved in or "putting their nose into" their arguments, so he didn't want the driver around to witness whatever Gabby's reaction was upon his return.

Ah, very interesting....IMO, he would have taken her phone. Can't remember when the odd texts were sent... previously, I assumed that he sent those and she was already dead, but maybe not?

I noticed the plane earlier. May I ask how you identified they were photographers?

Moo...
Sure!
I looked up the owner of the plane on Flight Aware and googled U S IMAGING FLIGHT OPS LLC
Tail Number
N207AL · Registration
Owner
U S IMAGING FLIGHT OPS LLC

US Imaging specializes in precision aerial surveys and digital imaging solutions, covering the southeastern United States, Caribbean Islands, and Central America.
https://www.cylex.us.com/company/u-s-imaging-incorporated-10438633.html

jmho

The nearest campers were about a mile away. The van was parked in an unauthorized camping spot, there were no nearby campers.
Where has it been established that it was an unauthorized spot? I have been in dispersed camping areas in WY and have done similar things (like camping on the other side of the creek; if that's what Gabby and BL did) and never once got in trouble even after talking to a Ranger.

IF that were true; why would Gabby NOT go try to talk to another camper or get help from someone?
To me this explanation makes no sense. MOO
It only really makes sense if he didn't leave her alone. I think we are assuming that maybe he did, but we can also assume that maybe he didn't. And no, not with some completely random stranger, tho I guess that is also a possible assumption, as well. MOO.

Something else to consider. IF Gabby was left alone without access to the van, can you imagine BL giving her food or enough clothing to survive not freezing to death considering the temperature at night was in the 30s. I can't especially with all the other things he would take away from her. IMO

I would hope that in that case, she'd walk the mile down to the campground, where there were people, a campground host (who would have a phone) and water.

Temp got below 40 on 2 nights during the week after the couple arrived in the Tetons - about 38. Autumn was coming. Other nights were in the low to mid 40's. No rain.

Gabby doesn't strike me as the type of person so lacking in resourcefulness that she wouldn't be able to handle a situation like that. I suspect they had two sets of keys. But she did have a way to get help, if she chose to do so.

It only really makes sense if he didn't leave her alone. I think we are assuming that maybe he did, but we can also assume that maybe he didn't. And no, not with some completely random stranger, tho I guess that is also a possible assumption, as well. MOO.
When all is said and done; I have a feeling that it won't ultimately matter. As I do believe BL is long dead. MOO
I very much doubt that there will be any actual "justice" from this case for Gabby's family.

Something else to consider. IF Gabby was left alone without access to the van, can you imagine BL giving her food or enough clothing to survive not freezing to death considering the temperature at night was in the 30s. I can't especially with all the other things he would take away from her. IMO
BL could have taken they keys but left the van unlocked when he went off on his little hike/hitchhike on the 28th or 29th. That way, GP would have access to food and supplies and could shut the doors for some privacy and security, but she wouldn't actually be able to go anywhere without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nunyabiznazz