Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
the parents found the items

The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.

Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at North Port park after fugitive's items found
Really? They themselves handled and moved the items first? Now things are getting REAL strange. How is it known they didn't carry certain articles into the reserve?

IMO

I feel very sad right now and can't help thinking about the tragic ending in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. If BL is found deceased, two families will have suffered the loss of their children :(

“For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo.”

― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
Agreed. It’s all tragically sad.

The ME was called in.

Does the ME ALWAYS mean a body was found or are the accessing the scene (forensics)?

Yes. Some kind of remains have been found. Sometimes the ME will be called and the remains will turn out to be non-human but I think that is unlikely given the situation. All we can do is wait and see.

If they find his body there, LE is going to have a lot of explaining to do
I would normally give them the benefit of the doubt, but after the way the North Port PD botched the surveilling of Brian, I do think they have to own up and take some responsibility for the way they handled this case. They could have brought in a live fugitive. Instead, there’s a coroner in the wildlife reserve.

Shawn Reynolds
Producer,

@NBCNewsNow

@NBCNews

#BREAKING A senior law enforcement officials tells
@NBCNews
@PeteWilliamsNBC
what appears to be partial human remains have been found in the Carlton Reserve in an area previously underwater. The remains were found near a backpack consistent with items Brian Laundrie may have had
https://twitter.com/ShawnReynolds_

@LeoFeldmanNEWS
·
Remains found near the location where #BrianLaundrie’s articles were found today in #Florida, according to reports

crime online:
BREAKING: Partial Human Remains Found in Search for Brian Laundrie

Last edited:
If there is evidence that his parents assisted him in anyway in avoiding arrest for the pending charges, could charges still be pressed against them?

I don't really know how they'd prove it, unless there were any messages or the parents admitted it, but if they come out and say they believe BL murdered GP and believe his parents knew of the events upon his return, could there be potential charges in that area?

If the FBI can prove they lied to FBI agents or they actively interfered with the investigation, they could consider charges for making a false statement or obstruction of justice. The feds routinely charge those crimes when they can't quite make the underlying crimes (like insider trading, wire fraud, etc.) so they have the playbook for it.

I would be surprised if they went with something like accessory after the fact since their lawyer could try to argue that LE never proved an underlying crime was committed.

WFLA reported that the parents called LE last evening and told them that they wanted to go to the area, where the current activity is taking place, and that they wanted to search it. That makes me think that they had been in some sort of communication with BL and that communication stopped.
Also, WFLA reported that RL is at home and appears to be "dressed up." That's different from what we have seen previously. IMO.

I think they called LE last night because they knew the park was going to be open to the public for the first time today. jmo

Last edited:
I would normally give them the benefit of the doubt, but after the way the North Port PD botched the surveilling of Brian, I do think they have to own up and take some responsibility for the way they handled this case. They could have brought in a live fugitive. Instead, there’s a coroner in the wildlife reserve.
Let's go all the way back to Moab. Could the entire situation have been prevented.

The only place where I have any issue with the Laundrie parents is the disregard for Gabby's frantic family and the strange ability they have to appear nonchalant in the face of what likely happened to their own son. I don't have any animosity towards them as the parents of a person who likely murdered a young woman. In fact, were it not for those two things, I would be easily able to have tremendous sympathy for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288