Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

The article states:

<snipped>

...During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them...

Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found
I’m surprised they weren’t told to not touch anything, just call LE to glove handle and bag it.:eek:

I was with you on this for awhile, but as time went on I questioned the reason they didn’t respond. Given the time line, it IS possible he came up with a story about why he was home without Gabby but had her plan. Who knows what that story was. Maybe they thought it was odd, but they didn’t think she was dead. Then her family reaches out to them. Something clicked for the Laundries, they asked him about it, called their attorney wondering what the next move should be and how he should turn himself in or if he should. It is absolutely reasonable to want your attorney present given the legal implications of turning one’s self in.

In the meantime while this is all happening Brian left. Then they waited a couple days to report him missing for whatever reason.
They still should’ve picked up the phone even afterwards.

@ShannonCwtsp

I asked the #Laundrie family attorney, Steven Bertolino, if #BrianLaundrie’s remains were found, he said “no comment”

I then asked if human remains were found, he said “no comment”
I asked the #Laundrie family attorney if he has reason to believe #BrianLaundrie could be suicidal, again, “no comment”

I asked for clarification from #BrianLaundrie’s attorney if Brian’s parents were at the reserve this morning to identify his belongings or to search for him? “Nothing further” is what Bertolino responded

So just remembering that the laundries searched for BL for hours when the car was left, if this was somewhere where they thought he could be they’d have searched that area at that time, especially being so close to the mustang. So IMO he wasn’t there the whole time (if this is him)

I have been and still am 100% dismayed and angry with how the Laundries conducted themselves with regard to Gabby's family, and with whatever info they may have been able to provide earlier in the search for Brian.

However, there is a part of me that feels for them at the moment. He was once their little boy.

If the FBI can prove they lied to FBI agents or they actively interfered with the investigation, they could consider charges for making a false statement or obstruction of justice. The feds routinely charge those crimes when they can't quite make the underlying crimes (like insider trading, wire fraud, etc.) so they have the playbook for it.

I would be surprised if they went with something like accessory after the fact since their lawyer could try to argue that LE never proved an underlying crime was committed.
If they have done something illegal, wouldn't they have already been hauled in?

MOO: It will be revealed he committed suicide the day he disappeared. MOO. And no note.
I 100% agree. From the beginning I thought he left and the parents genuinely thought he was just hiking. They retrieved the car, realized the gun was gone, and called LE genuinely concerned he was going to kill himself. He did, and a gator tore him apart. MOO.

If they have done something illegal, wouldn't they have already been hauled in?

Not necessarily. Sometimes LE likes to finish their main investigation before they look into tangential crimes. For something like making a false statement to the FBI, you need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the statement was factually false and misleading - not just an opinion or guess. So it can take a little work to gather up your evidence and make sure the prosecutors are on board that 1) there's sufficient evidence to take to trial and 2) it's a case the feds want to make. Not every "crime" is worth prosecuting. In a case where someone may have already lost a child, the feds could think no public interest would be served by further pursuing that case.

I want to be clear I'm not suggesting anyone did anything wrong. Just describing the procedure.

If it's confirmed to be partial human remains, can we stop with the wild theories of parents sending him food rations yesterday or planting the items belonging to him either through sending them to someone yesterday or planting them today.

I hope we can stop…the right answer to a puzzle is usually the obvious one. I never thought he left that park alive-a lot of us thought he’d died there. The only question I have now is why did his parents lie about which day they’d seen him last, and ehich day they picked up the mustang. I think his parents pretty much knew where he was going to be found and had to wait until they were allowed to be there in the reserve, so they could find him.

Really? They themselves handled and moved the items first? Now things are getting REAL strange. How is it known they didn't carry certain articles into the reserve?

IMO

Hope this isn’t one of those “let’s fake your death” cases. Completely wild I know, but everything is possible at this point IMO and the parents had plenty of time to prepare with the way they’ve eluded LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth