Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

The article states:

<snipped>

...During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them...

Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found
From the article it sounds like Fox got video of CL and RL searching.
I hope so!

How very convenient. MOO I remain skeptical until we receive a report that they found his body or remains that ultimately identify as his. MOO JMO

Seth Ferranti, Fugitive:

"...Ferranti added that when he was on the run, his mother sent him chocolate brownies by mail and spoke to him on a payphone, and that marshals only visited her once a month."

Ex-fugitive says Brian Laundrie's parents will do what they can to help him stay free

and

"...My plan was to disappear, wait for Seth Ferranti to be declared legally dead after seven years — the amount of time it takes for a missing person to be declared dead in absentia — and live my life quietly under an assumed name somewhere far away. Faking my suicide seemed the best route available. So the night before the feds wanted me to testify against my associates in court, I wrote a suicide note and left some clothes on the edge of the cliff, along with my wallet, the bottle of liquor, and a pack of cigarettes. I even threw a pair of shoes and some clothes in the raging river below.

It turned out that killing my old self was not so simple. Rather than fading away quietly, however, I wound up on the agency’s Top 15 Most Wanted List. It’s kind of like the FBI’s Top 10, but different — the FBI is more investigative and focused on both national and international issues, while the U.S. Marshals are in charge of apprehending fugitives who failed to appear in court or escaped... After dragging the river for two weeks, the feds declared my suicide a hoax due to no body being found."

I spent two years as a fugitive

Fugitive Brian Laundrie's parents ship a mysterious box labeled 'meal kit' | Daily Mail Online

This article came out today and describes where his parents went yesterday.
  • Christopher was seen stopping at a FedEx store and carrying a parcel with the words 'meal kit' stamped on it
  • The couple emerged from their home in North Port, Florida, at 7.45am Tuesday and climbed into their red Dodge Ram truck for the trip
  • They made several stops, including at a Walmart, Bank of America and AT&T store
  • Wednesday morning Christopher appeared to snap for the first time when confronted by a protestor outside his home

I’m thinking about what body parts are needed to positively ID a dead body. Teeth. Fingerprints. Those tattoos on his hands. Why do I feel like identifying some of his stuff doesn’t carry the same weight as using Gabby’s favorite sweatshirt? I guess what I’m saying is this: I hope there are solid dental records. MOO.

Absolutely- the area was largely under water, and things float around. Animals could drag around body parts and or fdood packed by a human.
Interesting that once the water receded the police didn't think to being in the cadaver dogs again. I'm more than a bit puzzled by that. Didn't this park open back up to the public last week? Welcome public! JMOO

The remains being so close to the backpack indicate 3 possible options to me.
1. It’s BL and that’s where he committed suicide.
2. It’s BL & he was wearing/was near his backpack when an animal got him.
3. It’s a complete coincidence & it’s someone else.

I always thought BL killed himself fairly soon after disappearing, he never struck me as this “great outdoorsman” that others suggested. I think the water receded & that uncovered the remains - not far from where the car was found and on one of the trails he was known to enjoy.

I also won’t be surprised if we hear that BLs parents didn’t know anything for sure and were convinced by a lawyer, totally out of his depth, to behave in a manner abhorrent to others.

JMO

I’m quoting this from previous thread as I was too slow to bring it over

“I really wish he is alive. I need to see him sit through a trial.
I really hope Gabby's family gets proper closure”.

Unfortunately, In my own experience, there’s no such thing as closure. Waves of grief slowly very slowly become further apart but never go away
JMO.. and I am not here to argue on definition of closure which can mean different feelings to any person but would like to add that if GP was still missing and winter set in, then spring to the Jackson Hole region, and maybe never found, then her parents would be suffering to the fullest extent with the term "closure". I mentioned it before and owe so much to WS-Missing Persons Section, when my brother was identified (John Doe) after 2 years of searching, and for my Parents, the term closure was discussed along with relief, that we could bring him home and respectfully lay him to rest near our home. I do respect your viewpoint, not arguing just need to add our experience with closure.

What proof do you have. I am happy to be corrected with a source. Its assumed they knew, by people in the internet who know nothing. We literally know nothing. If I came home in a van and my family was under the impression I financed it or co owned it and police came and confiscated it and the father of my Ex came to the house and there was an altercation and LE had to be called for whatever reason. They would probably hire a lawyer for me as well. Would they think I murdered someone, No. But they would at least think "oh crap, theres going to be a car theft charge." We don't know what he told them. He seems to be pretty convincing when needed.

Brought this over from the previous thread because I wanted to say that I would certainly know whether or not my son was an owner, or co-owner of a vehicle that he was going to be traveling/sleeping in all over the country. If BL said it, which I doubt, his parents would simply say “we know how much he worked, and there is no way he had the money, and no bank would finance it, especially with no job.” No way did his parents think he owned that van, and no way did they not not wonder what happened to Gabby when he came home without her. And if they did not know what happened to her, or strongly suspect, there is no way they would have ghosted her parents. No. Way.
I seem to recall Gabby's parents saying that Gabby and Brian bought and fixed up the van together. If Brian wasn't working or had bad credit or whatever, he couldn't have a vehicle loan in his name. Some people are willing to look beyond the technicality if vehicle registration when they know other things. Why was there no charge of grand theft auto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆