Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it's terrible to lose a child.

That said, as far as I'm concerned, the case will not be closed until we learn more about what happened to Gabby and also about what happened to BL.
  • So far only minimal info has been released about the cause of death, but the FBI probably knows a lot more about Gabby's death and BL's trip back to Florida. Especially if the FBI believes that BL killed GP, I hope we see a report.
  • If the remains are BL's, when did he pass away? What was the cause?
  • If the remains are BL's, is there a reason they weren't found earlier? Was that just because of the water? Given the massive search, are there any lessons to be learned by LE and the FBI?
JMO
There is a very good chance that those questions will never be answered. I wish we could get definite answers. The remains will be DNA tested but they are partial remains. There is a good chance that the coroner will not be able to determine a cause of death unless a bullet is found in the partial parts.

JMO, but if it turns out that the Laundrie's were the ones to find their son, in the exact place they have been saying he was the whole time. It'll be interesting what the protesters outside their homes, the media commentators etc are going to say today. Will they back track, or double down and start with the, the body was planted theory. I can see already on social media alot of doubling down.

Also, do they get the reward money? Technically, they were the ones who said he was there this whole time, even with doubters they were adamant, and even when the search stopped, they found him. Well if they do, I assume its going to go to old Bertelino
We don't know the details, but it doesn't sound like the parents found the items. It sounds like some items were found, and BL/RL ID'd whatever it was that was found.

If the gators got him (or other animals) can they actually determine time or cause of death? Anyone know?
Doubtful after all this time.
But someone in a previous thread mentioned bringing in entomologists ?
Bones can tell a story as well.
My guess is that BL committed suicide the day he left his parent's house or very soon after.
After all of this time it's be difficult to ascertain anything.
I don't think he fell foul of anyone else in the preserve; but who knows ?
Wonder if the investigators will find a gun ?
MOO.

Sue the parents with a wrongful death suit? I don't know, just a guess.

How, you cannot be responsible for what your grown son did. Unless you can prove they helped murder her. They didnt even aid and abet. He was a free person at the time he went missing. He could of flown out of the country freely. There was no charge, they only thing that we know they are guilty of is getting there son a lawyer. We know no other facts. We have assumptions. But so far, what they have publicly said is correct. He is in Carlton reserve. Well turns out he was.

Yes. He went there to die, not escape.
sorry but not sorry he is most likely deceased. He was never going to admit anything or say anything. So, just as well. I know people and Gabby's parents want answers but he was never going to give any. And really...we know what happened anyway...so sad to say.

I do feel for the Laundries to an extent -- they have lost a child, one who almost certainly committed a horrible crime.

If they truly knew nothing, though, and were just parents concerned their son harmed himself, I am wondering why they have not been speaking with Cassie, as she said, since this all began?

Bingo! Their lawyer said the parents and Cassie could talk, just not about this.

First of all- I don't blame Cassie for acting like she can't speak to them at all- who wants to discuss sport teams, school curriculum, weather... everything is banal gibberish when her future sil was dead, and her baby brother might be. Plus, baby brother may have committed an awful crime. It is bogus of SB to say it is not true that Cassie can't speak with her parents.

2nd, and more vexing, exactly why did the lawyer instruct the parents not to talk about this? If they knew nothing (Brian just appeared and said Gabbie went off with a new van lifer- they truly knew no more than Brian went off hiking- how would their be any damage to Brian or his parents to talk? It is 100% sus . Cassie would follow instructions from LE and SB on what not to mention publicly, so it couldn't be about protecting the investigation. MOO- it was because the parents have some information that is incriminating to one of his 3 clients, and SB doesn't want it known by Cassie.

They may have reused the box from a meal delivery kit to mail something unrelated to someone unrelated?
I think so. That is what it looked like in the Daily Mail photo. It looked like the box was folded down to ship something smaller than the original box size. IMO.
Similarly, I dropped (non-food) things off at a donation center last week in a reused meal kit box.

IF he killed himself in there, it wasn't right after, in a fit of despair & remorse about what he did to Gabby It appears to have been weeks later, when he realized he wouldn't get away with it.

JMO
That may explain why his parents never seemed distraught. Like Gabby's do, for instance. IMO

And it could explain why the Laundries didn't find him on their initial search on Monday, the day he went missing. Their lawyer said they searched for hours on that day. But THIS day, his things are easily found by the parents. IMO

No, they've searched this area many times over the last month

I know they did not too long ago with CL but did they search this area in Oct without CL?

Of note (related to my previous post), on Sept 21 WFLA reported that the search moved from Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park to Carlton Reserve.

ETA Link

Teams to pick up search for Brian Laundrie on Monday

The search first focused on the 200 acres around the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park before spreading to the 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County. Josh Taylor, public information officer for the North Port Police Department, said Laundrie could be in danger.

by: Christine McLarty

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 / 08:15 PM CDT / Updated: Sep 21, 2021 / 11:39 AM CDT

Last edited:
I seem to recall Gabby's parents saying that Gabby and Brian bought and fixed up the van together. If Brian wasn't working or had bad credit or whatever, he couldn't have a vehicle loan in his name. Some people are willing to look beyond the technicality if vehicle registration when they know other things. Why was there no charge of grand theft auto?

The grand theft auto issue came up many threads ago-you may not have been here at that time. Allowing someone to regularly drive your vehicle clouds the issue in a way that allowing someone to occasionally use your debit card doesn’t, legally

I don't feel it is hinky. But I wonder how they feel now about when they reported their son missing 4 to 5 days after he was missing.
What were they thinking?
Maybe they had a note and knew he had committed suicide. But were hoping/expecting someone else would be charged with Gabby being missing?

OR, most likely, the FBI was already involved and they did exactly what they were told to from the very beginning of this...maybe? MOO.

This is heartbreaking on so many levels. I hurt for the Petito family for the loss of Gabby and lack of answers. I hurt for the Laundries who may have lost a son. I hurt for both Gabby and Brian who's happy van life plans ended in such tragedy.

And if this turns out to be someone else, it's still going to be a heartbreak for someone out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak