Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. If you're going to kill yourself you don't bring a dry bag to protect your belongings.

There's always the chance he thought he could get away with it, and then got depressed over what happened to Gabby, or thought maybe it was over for him and he would indeed be caught, and changed his mind about wanting to live.

And silly me for stopping to get something for lunch! I'm now 30 min and 6 pages behind. :eek:

I saw that on the WFLA Live stream and so wish they wouldve let us listen in...
TBH, I can see it growing worse. If it is him and he will never be held to account, the blame on the parents for not reporting him gone for days and possibly giving him an almost week head start will fall at their feet. They will bear the brunt of the blame for the family never receiving answers, justice, or a true resolution. MOO IMO JMO

Gabby's body was found on the 19th and Brian reported missing on the 17th. They didn't know she was dead, they thought Brian and Gabby broke up. He went to the reserve on the 14th and they reported him missing on the 17th. So they reported him missing after 2 days.
Over a month since Brian Laundrie went missing, is he alive?.

SH clarified that they originally thought the 14th but he actually left on the 13th. I have to think they knew something at least by September 10 or 11th or I can’t it anyway understand ghosting GB’s family at the expense of Gabby’s safety

Gabby's body was found on the 19th and Brian reported missing on the 17th. They didn't know she was dead, they thought Brian and Gabby broke up. He went to the reserve on the 14th and they reported him missing on the 17th. So they reported him missing after 2 days.
Over a month since Brian Laundrie went missing, is he alive?.

They knew Gabby was missing though. They knew that on 9/11. Also that she had been missing since 9/1 at minimum. Laundries released a statement on 9/14. BL was named a person on interest in the disappearance on 9/15. BL left on the 13th. Laundries originally said the 14th. They had to admend the day. They found BL's car on the 15th. They were concerned enough to go and look on the 15th. Reported him missing on 9/17

I thought Gabbys parents started calling & texting the Laundries on August 30.

Whichever way it falls, they started ignoring the Petito and Schmidt phone calls before BL arrived back in Florida. MOO I think they knew, and I think BL had already planned to go the run, hence, taking a grand from GP's account. MOO IMO

As a frequent hiker, certain items "live" in my pack, such as a light rain jacket and a first aid kit. Those things are there unless I go out of my way to remove them. just have to add some water and I'm ready to go. If I were in Florida, a dry bag might be among those items.

JMO
I like to keep my bags light. A day hike is just a light drawstring bag. I wouldn't bring a dry bag for a day hike, but then I'm not going the swamp. Only thing I need to keep dry is extra socks and that always goes in a ziploc bag.
If it's more than a day hike, then there would be need for something to keep stuff dry, but just a few hours? Not likely. I'm guessing it's the difference between where people are hiking.

In my opinion, he would still be alive if better choices had been made. I have no sympathy for them. I think in the coming months and years they will experience a lot of regret.
As soon as the texts and calls starting rolling in from GP’s family, they should’ve known something was up. Why let him go “hiking”? Why just shove a lawyers card in the police officer’s face??? They don’t get any sympathy from me. They made wrong choices and if they couldn’t teach their son to deal with consequences of his actions, now they get to. Because they’re gonna have to deal with this for a while.

This would be the first thing they would be told! I read the quoted post of "CL came out of the brambles (I am assuming)with something white in his hand" and was sitting here saying to myself, "no, no, no, NO!" MOO,MOO
I'm surprised that the Landries were operating so independently in the search that they had the opportunity to find something, look at it, put it into the white bag, and be filmed the whole time, with no intervention. IMO

I'm beginning to think that when BL took the van and went home he was already planning to take his own life. Maybe he was horrified by what he did. Maybe not. But I think he went home and kept his family in the dark so that he could spend some time with them and say his goodbyes, even if they didn't know that's what it was. He went biking with mom and did yard work with dad. He went with his parents to pick up the nephews at school. They all went to Fort de Soto for Labor Day. And then when GP's family started contacting them, he told his parents he needed a lawyer and not to answer any calls or texts from the Petito/Schmidts. Then, a couple days later when the coast was clear he took off to end it all out in the wilderness on his own terms.
I think he had already planned to go the run, hence, taking a grand from GP's account. MOO IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member