Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about that. The only thing I can think of is that they knew which day, but got the date wrong initially. I work at home. Often it's Wednesday and I think it's Tuesday or Thursday, and I have no idea what date it is if I haven't had to pay attention to the date the past few days. Granted, you'd think they would have been accurate when reporting him missing, though.
I'm willing to give them some leeway with this, except they also forgot that CL also searched that same night for him when he didn't return.

Initially CL and RL reported BL missing and said they weren't concerned for the first 24-48 hours, that's when they went to the park and located his car. There was never an initial mention of CL going the same night to look for him.

It could seriously be nothing, but something about that story has always bothered me.

I don't think the BL would have given Gabby's family any answers. Very few defendants ever explain why they did what they did.
In this case (IMO) I imagine BL killed her in anger over some sort of perceived slight. In the end he didn't want to face the consequences of his actions.
Black and white.
This is a perfect comment!

In my experience, even abusive people can love--and do.

No one is 100% rainbows and light or 100% evil and demonic. So many shades of gray exist. I believe Brian loved Gabby. Perhaps way too much.
At the risk of endangering another young woman, I have to be really blunt and say if someone is hurting and abusing you, they don't love you. Get out and find someone who does love you. As the saying goes, you don't hurt a person you love with the same hand you caress them with.

They reported him missing after 2 or 3 full days, which is reasonable for an adult.
I'm not sure what to say, because those aren't correct numbers. The 13-17th is not 2-3 days. It's 4-5 days. On top of that, they claimed to be concerned he was going to harm himself. That's why it seems especially odd they waited so long. His age has nothing to do with my thoughts. JMO

First of all he didn't "accidentally kill her". He wasn't trying to strangle someone else and she got in the way. The fact that he went on with his life, drove back home, went camping with his family.... etc does not indicate that he was was in "unbearable pain". If he was wracked by guilt, he would have confessed and told GPs family where her body was. IMO
I agree, It’s the fact that he went about his normal life up until the point she was declared missing and the van removed, then it seems he thought, I’m not doing prison. All selfish in my opinion. Gabby never got to say goodbye to her family or have s’mores and a bike ride with them, she was left dead hundreds of miles from them. MOO

There is no evidence to believe the parents are at fault in any way. As far as we know, their lawyer told them not to talk to anyone and that is what they did. We don't know if they knew/know any details about what happened to GP other than BL came home alone in her van. They could have learned from the media that he used her bank card, that she was dead and that the COD was strangulation. We'll probably never find out if they knew more than this.

However the fact that the parents contacted LE last night to tell them they planned on searching that specific spot this a.m. and then in a short period of time found his belongings there, leads me to believe that they knew where he was.
I would guess they were regularly communicating with him and then the communication stopped abruptly. They could have had a rally point to meet at if that happened and that's how they knew where to go. If that is the case, they will have some explaining to do, possibly to a grand jury. IMO.

It sounds like you might live in a strange place. In my part of town criminals don't immediately report to law enforcement after committing a crime. The norm is typically quite the reverse.
The topic was making the least number of assumptions, and what scenario would have provided for that. So I'll just leave it there, the actual theme of the conversation.

Mmm mm qqqqqqqqqqqqqq
I keep thinking about that. The only thing I can think of is that they knew which day, but got the date wrong initially. I work at home. Often it's Wednesday and I think it's Tuesday or Thursday, and I have no idea what date it is if I haven't had to pay attention to the date the past few days. Granted, you'd think they would have been accurate when reporting him missing, though.

But both parents said it was Tuesday, when it was really Monday. One day might not seem significant, but I can’t help thinking that it was a deliberate deception, the putpose of which may or may not have given BL an extra day’s head start if his plan was to exit the reserve. I wonder if all of these gaps will be filled in after his remains are officially identified?

RSBM to say imo that isn't anywhere near the only reason the FBI would still be looking for him. If BL is a murderer--which I believe--then that means a murderer is on the loose. I'm not worried about BL seeing my comments. Gabby will never see anything again.
Exactly. That bag in the photo posted earlier appeared to have quite a bit of things in it, including something that could possibly be electronic. When they brought the Verizon truck in, it made me think they were trying to track something. Of course that could have just been for communication purposes across the reserve, but wouldn't they have radios for those types of areas?

I almost wonder if one of the Laundries' "errands" was moving the body.
Idk. I’ve speculated they might have been very involved. However, over the last few days maybe a week or so, I don’t think their involvement went as far as knowing exactly where he was. I would think that if they were involved, their purpose would have been for him to not die. Like if they knew & were in contact with him, they, as parents, would want to keep him alive & keep this from happening. Which is why I don’t understand why they didn’t make him cooperate in the beginning & make the prosecution prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Maybe that was because of really great advice their real estate lawyer gave them*sarcasm font*. But who really knows. It’s just so sad all around. :( All JMO.

I’m not that theory-oriented but is it possible that the Laundries somehow knew where BL was? A note or they knew his plans or where he always went? And, per the attorney, they feel tortured so they decided to end all the speculation? Maybe they got errands done yesterday in case things got worse with the announcement of finding him? Then they think the protesters will go home at this point? I don’t know how they would know where to find him, I’m just trying to make the coincidences make sense in my head and speculating. The timing is so odd, but that doesn’t always mean suspicious. JMO.
Certainly very strange timing, as much of the Laundries timeline has been since BL returned Sep 1. Hard to imagine the guilt they might feel with this outcome (if BL remains found) if they were aware of his whereabouts and in communication at some point directly or indirectly through SB

I’m bemused why people think it’s a conspiracy that BL’s parents found items today, seeing as the park has been closed to the public since 23/09 and only opened yesterday. They are members of the public thus had no special dispensation to be in the park during that time. Instead they started their search as soon as they could i.e. today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth