Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t possibly catch up on all the posts before the FBI statement but I have to wonder if the articles belonging to BL were the clothes he was wearing….. if so, it’s so, so sad since GP stepdad JS said they showed him a sweatshirt. Bodies will decompose within the timing, clothing, not so much! Just so sad all they way around!

For what purpose?
There's absolutely nothing to substantiate it, but just in considering any potential scenarios. Maybe the anger and sadness and any other amount of emotions they could have felt if they didn't know until GP's parents started contacting them.

Like I said, nothing to substantiate. I think it's the most unlikely scenario, but you've got to be willing to consider everything when you don't know much.

I’m bemused why people think it’s a conspiracy that BL’s parents found items today, seeing as the park has been closed to the public since 23/09 and only opened yesterday. They are members of the public thus had no special dispensation to be in the park during that time. Instead they started their search as soon as they could i.e. today!
They may be members of the public, but they have also had LE trailing them on errands, to libraries, etc. so I’m surprised they were allowed to search the area of interest for their own son without some type of LE presence in order to preserve any type of evidence. JMO.

I don't think the BL would have given Gabby's family any answers. Very few defendants ever explain why they did what they did.
In this case (IMO) I imagine BL killed her in anger over some sort of perceived slight. In the end he didn't want to face the consequences of his actions.

Definitely agree that her murder occurred in a fit of anger, IMO. Perhaps it is me merely wanting in vain, but for the Petito/Schmidt families to reach some sort of closure, I still hope that there is some answer available to them, whether through clues, texts, or other means. All MOO.

The fact that they're doing a whole press conference instead of just a tweet is very significant to me. if the "apparent partial human remains" weren't actually human would they do to all this trouble?
This is also very telling to me. I think the possessions might be definitive in saying that they could belong to BL

I have been struck by how disjointed the WFLA live coverage has been. I'm guessing it's because they are having to fill air time with live conversation when we really dont know much and they havent really prepared to do that. The other announcer with JB has several times said he can't remember a detail but he thinks it was at such and such time. I dont really think he should say anything unless he's got the facts in front of him, but I can see why he's improvising. IMO

First the other guy said Gabby's remains were found 50 days ago, then he corrected himself and said it was 40 days ago, which is still incorrect.

What does everyone think the large black squareish object in the bag is?
It looks like there's a gold butterfly-shaped object on it but that's jmo because you can't see well through that bag...it looks to be embossed or at least have some detail on the corner that is poking through the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member