Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what evidence has been gathered regarding Gabby's murder. The FBI spokesperson did state that BL is a POI in her murder. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an indictment in the works against BL if he had been located/captured alive. Will we ever know everything or really much of anything about exactly what happened? Doubtful. But two people go into the woods, one is murdered, the other drives across the country, is named a POI and then has potentially been found dead several weeks later. It's definitely a horribly sad situation. IMO

I heard that too, and I was kind of surprised he said it since murder is a legal term.

If the manner of death is homicide and the cause of death is strangulation, could this not be a murder? If she accidentaly or purposefuly asphyxiated on her own, manner of death would be accidental or suicide and cause of death would be asphyxiation, no?

Edit to add I just realized it could be manslaughter and not necessarily murder.

Telling slip from BL attorney IMO:

https://twitter.com/ShannonCwtsp/status/1450931341780979719?s=20
FCK-XRiWQAQvSmt

"where human remains were found", when FBI said, "what appears to be human remains".

MOO MOO
He's a real estate attorney and since we know he talks quickly and frequently on Twitter, he probably doesn't think to use the right terminology. MOO

I strongly disagree. Life vs Death. How is choosing death easier than living life?
Because my situation was not because I possibly murdered someone and didn’t want to face justice. Mine was because I was tortured and tormented by people who were supposed to love and protect me. It’s easier for Brian so he wouldn’t have to face his peers and the public and face consequences for what he’s possibly done. He possibly killed someone. He could’ve spent the rest of his life behind bars. He didn’t want his privileges taken away and have to sit in a 8 by 8 cell. IMO. So death was easy for him.. he doesn’t have to deal with that now.

Maybe I don't understand Florida reserves that well. Just weird parents would suddenly, the day it reopens, lead to the spot remains were found. Off a trail nea the car? How was this missed. Why do I still not trust the parents... Want to know actual body parts and DNA I guess but still suspicious. Like did he only get selectively eaten? By what a gator? Like what would be left
Gators are messy eaters.
They leave stuff behind.
jmho

If it was Brian's dry bag, wouldn't it have been placed into an evidence bag?

Perhaps the dry bag is the police evidence bag.

(I imagine this has probably been discussed in the two previous threads that I haven't read. Sorry.)

There is a photo of LE officer looking at the dry bag on the ground - probably where he found it.

My personal opinion, if BL was found alive and sentenced there would still not be justice. My uncle was murdered, every few years my mother got a letter that he was up for parole consideration, after my mother passed, I learned he got parole, is out living a life. At least if this is him, and they can prove without a doubt that he is deceased, there won't be a letter every so often telling GP family that hey he may get out....
I just don't know. But I feel there is never real Justice. The only Just thing is for bad things to never happen to good people. And We cannot forget the other Florida case CA where someone is walking around enjoying life....

There are a thousand lessons in all of this. The greatest one is learning to use the "Golden Rule" like a tool in your sentient toolbox. Want to build a relationship with a fellow human being? Reach into the toolbox, grab the Golden Rule and start constructing an edifice of kindness, compassion, respect, understanding, personal sacrifice. If you want a refuge from the awful things in life, be a refuge for someone else.
Two lives wasted. So much promise.
JMHO

I hate that the above is the only post I've made on Gabby's threads, but I have been totally crushed by her last days and the ending of her life. She was naturally a bright, shining young lady, and it's so hard to think of her life being snuffed out.

If that is Brian's partial remains, I'm going to try to follow Gabby's advice. While I'd love to see him spend the rest of his life in a small room with bars, he still has paid a high price. Remember what Gabby said .. "Let It Be."

JMO

I mean what was that movie about the mountain climber who got stuck and cut off his own arm?
agree unlikely, but possible.

IIRC he was somewhere dry and hot, less chance of an infection than a critter filled swamp filled with stagnant water. He was also hospitalised twice for surgery because of infection: Climber Who Cut Off Arm on Lessons Learned

BL might have been alive until recently, communicating with mom and dad via burner phones. Maybe he got tired of hiding but knew he was screwed and suicided very recently, telling them where to find him. That would explain their actions today. Or maybe he didn’t tell them he was going to kill himself, but they knew where he was hiding and got worried when they didn’t hear from him.

The time since death will be interesting to find out (if it’s him, which seems likely).
I've been thinking about that too... that IMO they could have been in contact but he recently went silent...does that perhaps coincide when CL began looking...

I imagine decomposition is rapidly sped up in a place like that (heat, water) but I wonder if we will come to find he died very early on, or if it was within the past week or two... could he have been "roughing it" till things blew over, & then he learned her body was found &/or he was charged with theft, etc... I wonder if we will ever know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288