Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But also idk why LE would have opened the park! That’s bugging me! Like they’ve kept it closed before when they were waiting for waters to recede. Idk why they would have opened it if there were other places to search. That bothers me. JMO.

They didn't plan to search it. The Laundries did. When they told LE what they were going to do this morning, LE met them there to accompany them.

Last edited:
During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

BRIAN LAUNDRIE SEARCH: PARENTS MUM ON SON'S SEPT. 1 HOMECOMING AS THEY STEP OUT ON LONG DAY OF ERRANDS

Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.
Brian Laundrie search: Human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park

As a parent who has lost a child and never received the full story on what led up to his death......justice for me would be closure and the ability to move on. I personally would not to relive everything through a trial etc. We had to come to the realization that knowing the full story didn't change that our son was deceased, it wouldn't lessen the pain. We had to figure out how to best do life without him in it. And he wouldn't have wanted us to stay stagnant and never move on. This is MOO only, but a valid one since I have personally lost a child, though not in these same circumstances. As a side note, I teared up and my heart broke at the video of RL and CL speaking to the searcher. Being notified of your child's death is not something any parent should ever have to face, even the parents of the person who most likely killed Gabby.
I am so sorry for your loss.:(

It's difficult to read some of the comments this afternoon. We don't know either family, we never knew Brian nor Gabby. We weren't in the van with them for weeks, nor at the last campsite, nor privy to the highs and lows of their relationship, and we will never know exactly what led up to either tragedy. Social media often gives people a false sense of familiarity, to believe they are somehow friends with people they've never met and inspires extreme emotions that we would not normally have for a stranger, such as love or hate. We can mourn Gabby and we can mourn Brian - it doesn't detract from their actions to have humanity and empathy. I would not call anyone a coward here. It's a sad situation for both families. moo

I agree. But also idk why LE would have opened the park! That’s bugging me! Like they’ve kept it closed before when they were waiting for waters to recede. Idk why they would have opened it if there were other places to search. That bothers me. JMO.
It is strange. I wonder if part of the reason the park was closed was actually due to flooding concerns, and not just the BL investigation?

Is it just a coincidence that the parents show up and find him?

I don't think so. They said at the beginning, through their attorney, I believe, that they believed he was where they found him and that he could have harmed himself. So today, the waters had receded, the park was opened back up to the public and they decided to go look for him and found his stuff in the general vicinity where they expected to find it. jmo

They didn't plan to search it. The Laundries did. When they told LE what they were going to do this morning, LE met them there to accompany them.
I’m saying LE has been searching that area - the park - & kept the park closed. They’ve even kept places closed when they were waiting for waters to recede. Idk why they opened the park if they hadn’t searched everywhere they were told by the parents BL frequented.

How would her cause of death be considered manslaughter?
Some people on here have mentioned the fact several times that this was a homicide not a murder as murder is a legal term. I shared what I shared because I thought it was relevant, I always thought it was murder, but technically it’s a homicide not a murder or manslaughter until court I believe I’ve been told, so because he said that it’s quite significant. I’ve said I wish I hadn’t shared it because it’s getting a little overwhelming. MOO

Where's the map of location? Needing some google earth for context

I don't think so. They said at the beginning, through their attorney, I believe, that they believed he was where they found him and that he could have harmed himself. So today, the waters had receded, the park was opened back up to the public and they decided to go look for him and found his stuff in the general vicinity where they expected to find it. jmo
I wonder if this is the same area that BL's parents said they spent 4-5 hours searching for him when he first went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975