Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure it does. Granted, LE/FBI aren’t disclosing all the details, but if there were any indication of an additional POI or suspect they would have shared that by now.
why would they have shared it? I'm not saying I don't agree with you but I don't see how you can be certain that they would share.

If it was a regular notebook, supposedly under the water, my guess is it won't be readable, the ink will have washed out.
most ink isn't water soluble. its alcohol and carbon based. things like washable markers or some art marker pens are water soluble, but I'm thinking most likely it wouldn't wash out.
source... Im an art conservator, I know my media and what its soluble in. like we wash paper in water because most ink inst water soluble. markers/watercolor yes.

I do as well.

The area had been previously flooded and the water just recently subsided.
Yeah, maybe the notebook and backpack might not have ever been in any water (other than rain). I wonder if more items and remains might be scattered around due to being displaced when the water levels rose and fell. Jmo.

FBI names Brian Laundrie person of interest in murder of Gabby Petito during search update | KLAS

TAMPA (WFLA) – The FBI announced Wednesday afternoon that Brian Laundrie is a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito.

The announcement was made following the discovery of partial human remains in an area of the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County that had been underwater until recently.

“As you’re aware, the FBI and the North Port Police Department and our state and local law enforcement partners have been searching the area of the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito,” FBI Tampa Division Special Agent in Charge Michael McPherson said.

Last month, the FBI issued an arrest warrant for Laundrie, who was previously named a person of interest in the homicide investigation of Petito.
BBM "a" person of interest

"person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito." BBM

But yet the last video of their daughter is her crying and being scared in the back of a cop car saying her boyfriend grabbed her face “like this” and cut her cheek, then was ultimately found dead at a camp site most likely by her POI boyfriend when he strangled her. IMO. They are suffering more than the Laundries. Brian didn’t have to kill himself if that’s what happened. He could have faced a judge and jury, but no. So again, they still have THEIR memories. Gabby’s family is worse off.
Why are we even comparing them? Leave them all to grieve.

Sorry... i have to ask this. BL goes camping for a day or maybe two, leaves his new phone behind but takes his notebook with him? Why carry extra unnecessary weight?

MOO JMO

He may not have considered it unnecessary or thought the weight was unworthy.

My opinion

Multiple Agencies
Precise and methodical Grid Searches
Dive Teams
All kinds of special equipment
Blood Hounds
Cadaver Dogs
Returning again when the waters receded

Millions of Dollars spent.

Maybe they should rush right out and play Lotto. MOO

Last edited:
If it was a regular notebook, supposedly under the water, my guess is it won't be readable, the ink will have washed out.

LINK please - to where it is reported the notebook was under water?????

In this situation it’s the easy way out IMO. I’ve been so close to taking my own life. He didn’t want to face justice for what he’s done (imo). That’s the easy way out.

I’m really sad to hear that you have thoughts of taking your own life. There are always hotlines you can call. Friends to talk to. And us, your Websleuths’ family. If you ever want to talk, please message me.

BL may have been thoughtful enough to place the notebook into the waterproof bag before his demise. I think he would have, hoping his drawings would inspire a cult following. MOO

Possible, or, he might have not known of his demise. Or, if he did, he might want to say his goodbyes and apologies.

My opinion.

Sorry... i have to ask this. BL goes camping for a day or maybe two, leaves his new phone behind but takes his notebook with him? Why carry extra unnecessary weight?

MOO JMO
phones track... paper notebooks do not. and anyone thinking notebook means computer... no, not in that part of Florida and most other places in the us

Thank you! I figured I had just missed it in all the commotion.
This is from a meteorologist in Fort Myers FL.

https://twitter.com/pcavlin/status/1450927585194659848?s=21
Weather has played a role in the search for #BrianLaundrie

The unknown remains found today were in an area that was previously underwater. As Florida moves into its "dry season" water levels across the state begin to drop

The Myakka River is already 4' lower than a month ago

Attachments

• A0607F58-1D88-4261-8C39-BB12C08110B1.jpeg
    A0607F58-1D88-4261-8C39-BB12C08110B1.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 13
Seriously... and thank goodness the cops decided to join them on their search today...

but would they eat a dead body? I though alligators would be the only scavengers there... but (and i have lived in this part of Florida before) I really don't know how it works
Alligators are not picky eaters, and not the only scavengers in or out of the water. Nature has a clean-up team of fish, raccoons, opossums, skunks, vultures and insects.

Michael Ruiz reports:

“Parents found a dark object and white bag just off the beaten trail. They handed it to law enforcement before departing.”

“Chris and Roberta gave that officer the bag. They found it at the edge of a clearing about 20 yards off main trail.”

“He [officer] was not there when the parents picked it up. They carried it for about 20-30 minutes before meeting up with him and handing it over.”

“I was walking about 30 feet behind them”

“Couldn’t really see it. It was about half the size of the bag and black.”

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1450937891606220802?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads