Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
While not likely, who is to say he didn't receive medical attention. Also some wounds can be cauterized, which would be extremely painful but possible. Who knows if BL has knowledge of some sort of off grid type of survival first aid or if someone in his circle does (such as someone who was former military). People have done crazier things to fake their own deaths and remain on the run. Hopefully the partial remains are body parts that he could not be alive without. IMO.

I suggest people read Chuck Palanuick's book HAUNTED, it's about writers going off-grid in an abandoned theatre and they start amputating body parts in order to become famous when found. Weird, a premise I know, but it's all about cutting off parts and surviving. This one BL's FAVORITE author. Food for thought.

This thread is moving so fast that I lost the post I wanted to reply to. But I just wanted to point out two things.

One is this video of RL and CL with a searcher talking to them. If you listen closely to the audio you can hear the searcher say “how about you guys go back home...”, and CL cuts him off, pleading “I don’t want to go home!”, the searcher responds “No no, I think we might have found something...so I just want you to go home...” and then he seems to comfort CL right after this by putting his hand on his shoulder. Brian Laundrie's mom seems to wipe tear from dad's face as 'items found'

This is important because it points to the L’s not actually being the ones to find the objects.

Also, I go backpacking myself and own a couple dry bags. I’ve seen some people confused because of the wording, picturing more of a large ziplock bag or something. But dry bags can be huge and the one the searcher or LE is holding in the photo seems to be a large one. Something similar to this: Outdoor Products 20L Dry Bag | Big 5 Sporting Goods

So it could be large enough to to hold about 20-40 liters worth of hiking gear, and they also have versions with straps like a backpack. All just IMO of course.

It points the LE finding the personal belongings (I thought the parents found the items) or points to LE finding the remains?
I hope the parents didn’t find any remains :(

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that BL went out there and killed himself sometime on 9/13. For me, theorizing over many of the other unknown details in this case has hinged somewhat on what he did when he disappeared on the 13th.

Committing suicide is far different than going on the run, living in a secret condo, or playing survivalist. It's desperate and impulsive. Yet he told his parents the truth about where he was going (or close to it if he said Carlton Reserve). And he brought his notebook.

Maybe this can tell us something in regards to GP's murder. Jmo.

Let me think - oh, police could have kept the place shut down and searched there again after the water receded. Instead we have this spectacle today of the parents finding stuff on their own.

Now, that is a different point than the original.

I think this questioning makes much more sense than wondering why the Laundries were allowed to search this morning in an unrestricted area.

My opinion

Yeah, maybe the notebook and backpack might not have ever been in any water (other than rain). I wonder if more items and remains might be scattered around due to being displaced when the water levels rose and fell. Jmo.
Maybe thru pre-arrangement the notebook and backpack were placed higher up than the water would ever get? If the Laundries picked up the evidence and walked 20-30 minutes before turning it over to LE, how does anyone know where they really found it? IMO

Did the Laundrie's know the area Brian would normally go in the reserve - Yes, according to CL.

Did CL go to the same area to assist in the search - Yes.

Has the water level dropped since CL was last there - Yes.

Was the area opened up to the public yesterday - Yes.

Have people been asking why they haven't made more of an effort to search for their son - Yes.

Did they go searching for their son the first chance they got - Yes.

Did the Laundries plan an elaborate escape for Brian and hole him up somewhere nice and cosy? - Doesn't appear so for the fact that as soon as they got the chance to search in the reserve, they did. Suggests a strong belief they knew where in the reserve he liked to go hiking.

Did Brian die yesterday/this morning - Doesn't seem likely if there were only partial remains found.

Bearing all that in mind, especially the last part. Of what benefit does it serve his parents to find evidence near "his" partial remains?

"Did they go searching for their son the first chance they got - Yes." My thoughts: No

"Did the Laundries plan an elaborate escape for Brian and hole him up somewhere nice and cosy? - Doesn't appear so for the fact that as soon as they got the chance to search in the reserve, they did. Suggests a strong belief they knew where in the reserve he liked to go hiking." Jury is Out on this. MOO

"Bearing all that in mind, especially the last part. Of what benefit does it serve his parents to find evidence near "his" partial remains?" We have to first learn whether they are his remains. MOO

I think the more people try and evoke sympathy for the Laundries, the more people are going to dig in. They acted in a way that was unforgivable for many of us, and constantly reading how tragic this is for them is just rubbing salt.. and evoking the type of replies that are objectionable to the Laundrie apologists.

they’re social pariahs for the rest of their lives, they’ve got people screaming on their lawn, their son has just died. I don’t think any of us are needed to join the pile on at this point.
That’s how I feel and you have every right to say you feel otherwise, but please don’t use terms like ‘apologist’ or ‘rubbing salt’.. because that suggests that the “many of us” are the injured parties in this, and people who think differently to that have the salt. That’s really unfair.

ETA :words

I think the more people try and evoke sympathy for the Laundries, the more people are going to dig in. They acted in a way that was unforgivable for many of us, and constantly reading how tragic this is for them is just rubbing salt.. and evoking the type of replies that are objectionable to the Laundrie apologists.
I agree.
They really have contributed to this outcome and they truly are actually accountable for it.
They could have saved his life in so many ways.
Too many to reiterate, we all know .

It is still a tragedy. The kind of tragedy that always evokes the depths of compassion and sorrow for those left grieving and I share that too.

But, there is simply nobody else to blame. They could have saved his life. They did not. That will be a heavy cross for them to carry if they face the truth of their situation.
They may.

But you are forgetting that the area where BLs belongings were found was underwater during the original search.

BBM - MOO
Yeah I heard that but was that wet bag the parents found the same bag as what is being referred to as a backpack found near the remains? Idk the answer to that. Even if it was underwater, still a big coincidence. IMO also idk why LE even opened this thing back up to the public. That is bugging me. All JMO.

I suggest people read Chuck Palanuick's book HAUNTED, it's about writers going off-grid in an abandoned theatre and they start amputating body parts in order to become famous when found. Weird, a premise I know, but it's all about cutting off parts and surviving. This one BL's FAVORITE author. Food for thought.
The thought crossed my mind before you even mentioned his favorite author.

Now, that is a different point than the original.

I think this questioning makes much more sense than wondering why the Laundries were allowed to search this morning in an unrestricted area.

My opinion

My questions about what happened today go more toward why they would handle what was obviously going to be evidence. The park was open, so it would seem to me they were free to go there...no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715