Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding partial human remains, it depends on what part of the body part they have discovered. Would you be content that he is deceased if they found a fingertip or a toe?

Although it is probably highly unlikely he managed to lop off a digit and cauterize it himself...in order to fake his own death.

I suggest people read Chuck Palanuick's book HAUNTED, it's about writers going off-grid in an abandoned theatre and they start amputating body parts in order to become famous when found. Weird, a premise I know, but it's all about cutting off parts and surviving. This one is BL's FAVORITE author. Food for thought.

Last edited:
I assumed the black thing sticking out of the bag was a "notebook" (laptop). Sorry!

MOO JMO

You know, when they said notebook I was thinking an actual notebook that you write in. You are absolutely correct, it was probably a laptop or notebook of that type.

jmo

This thread is moving so fast that I lost the post I wanted to reply to. But I just wanted to point out two things.

One is this video of RL and CL with a searcher talking to them. If you listen closely to the audio you can hear the searcher say “how about you guys go back home...”, and CL cuts him off, pleading “I don’t want to go home!”, the searcher responds “No no, I think we might have found something...so I just want you to go home...” and then he seems to comfort CL right after this by putting his hand on his shoulder. Brian Laundrie's mom seems to wipe tear from dad's face as 'items found'

This is important because it points to the L’s not actually being the ones to find the objects.

Also, I go backpacking myself and own a couple dry bags. I’ve seen some people confused because of the wording, picturing more of a large ziplock bag or something. But dry bags can be huge and the one the searcher or LE is holding in the photo seems to be a large one. Something similar to this: Outdoor Products 20L Dry Bag | Big 5 Sporting Goods

So it could be large enough to to hold about 20-40 liters worth of hiking gear, and they also have versions with straps like a backpack. All just IMO of course.

We know that the Ls found items via multiple sources. The "something" he is referring to would probably be the possible human remains.

It has been posted many many times now that the Ls met LE there to search together, according to their lawyer. There is nothing suspicious about this at all.

Consider the Conversation History of this case:
Domestic Violence
Find the killer
Legal and forensic topics
Role of family of POI

Now that possible remains BL have been found… looking at the videos again, the anger towards BL might be overshadowed by thoughts of how did this adventure and relationship of two young people go so wrong?

If this is in fact the remains of BL the conversation inevitably will change to:
—> Helping Young Couples to have a Healthy Relationship

and

What did the Laundrie family really do, what did they know, and when?
Did someone aid and assist BL?
More like --> How to Stop Domestic Violence

IMO, if you're strangling someone as self defense you'd probably let go of them as soon as they stop punching, kicking, hitting, bitting or otherwise hurting you. It takes a while longer of depriving the brain of oxygen to be able to cause brain death.
I said I don’t think it was that but I was using an example, you never know what reason his lawyer could have come up with in court if it came to that.
I don’t see what everyone’s issue is, today is the first time that murder has been said instead of homicide from what I remember. That was my point, if anyone can show me evidence that they did use the term murder instead of homicide, I will stand corrected. It was relevant enough for WFLA to mention it, that’s all I was trying to point out. Just my humble opinion.

My hope is that LE had previously set up a lot of cameras and hopefully one was in the area where they were this morning before walking 20-20 mins prior to meeting up with LE. This would at least put to bed the speculation of whether they found the items or brought them in with them. MOO

Last edited:
I think Cassie has. I think if the parents are cooperating at all, it began far, far, far too late - and was done for some modicum of self preservation. Lying to the FBI alone gives you 0-5; minimum 6 mos with no priors MOO IMO JMO. I do not believe they have been cooperating from the beginning. They made NPPD and FBI efforts at the outset very difficult. MOO
I believe the Ls really made some huge mistakes at the beginning on the advice of their attorney and it hampered the investigation into BL.
Sadly, Gabby was already gone by then.
The Ls were never in a position to save her.

jmho

4:56:00 "...such as a backpack and notebook belonging to Laundrie"
I think they confirmed the items to be his . just not the body.

Wow, just saw this new development! I'm glad the search is seemingly over! I always thought the FBI must be in Carlton Reserve day after day for a reason. I didn't really buy all the sightings elsewhere.

The thought crossed my mind before you even mentioned his favorite author.

I started LULLABY but got distracted by other things in my life...but just finished HAUNTED and boy what a wild book. Dark satirical humor...about wannabe writers seeking fame for their "suffering." Who suffered the most. "We are either HAUNTED or HAUNTING."

I think it's important to remember that every defendant, every criminal, every murderer has parents, family members, friends. Parents that often wished their child became a doctor or carpenter or salesperson instead. Unless you have actually dealt with families on all sides of a crime, you may not understand that these are often regular people. People who maybe were too busy to notice their kid falling in with the wrong crowd or too nervous to seek mental health services for their child. People who overcame addiction themselves and did everything to try to break the cycle for their own kids.

If you accept that every killer was once just a baby in diapers with a whole life ahead of him or her, you see that there are still real people attached to these crimes. Some people commit horrific murders and they deserve to spend their lives in prison. They deserve to have their liberty taken away. But you can't automatically convict every OTHER person in their lives.

You will meet people who tried for years to get their brother or sister on the right path and had to give up for the sake of their own kids. Do you think those people are celebrating when their sibling commits a serious crime? Or are they beating themselves up thinking back to "one more thing" they could have done to save their loved one?

So if you feel like celebrating that someone gets to live with the hurt, regret, and pain of losing a child, think to your own life first. The idea that an entire family is responsible for the crime of one adult son without knowing any actual facts is just inhumane.

Last edited:
Partial human remains makes sense given the time BL disappeared, the prolific animal life within the reserve and the flooding.
"TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Law enforcement officials searching for Brian Laundrie found partial human remains in the Carlton Reserve on Wednesday near personal items that belong to the 23-year-old, according to the FBI."
Has Brian Laundrie been found?

Perhaps they had wanted to search all along, but were unable to do so because the park was closed. So their first opportunity was the day the park opened, and they had the presence of mind to let LE know that they were going to search. Nothing coincidental about that. Plus, they knew where the Mustang was parked, so they started there. JMHO
Oh I’m sure that’s what it was in terms of why they were out there. I said that earlier in the day that the park now being open is why they were probably doing that. It is still a huge coincidence that LE has been searching for over a month but right when they walk out there…bam. Which it’s true as far as we know at this point. But still strange & a big coincidence.

Should we assume since LE said they would be ‘in the area for days’ (and we saw the large area taped off) that human remains are likely scattered all around that area?

could be other items.... scattered by water, animals, etc.

Regarding partial human remains, it depends on what part of the body part they have discovered. Would you be content he is deceased if they found a fingertip or a toe?

Although it is probably highly unlikely he managed to lop off a digit and cauterize it himself...in order to fake his own death.

I suggest people read Chuck Palanuick's book HAUNTED, it's about writers going off-grid in an abandoned theatre and they start amputating body parts in order to become famous when found. Weird, a premise I know, but it's all about cutting off parts and surviving. This one is BL's FAVORITE author. Food for thought.
Wow. And he seemed so suggestible anyway. IMO

It points the LE finding the personal belongings (I thought the parents found the items) or points to LE finding the remains?
I hope the parents didn’t find any remains :(
It points to the parents NOT being the ones who found the belongings. I haven’t seen anything to think the remains were found before the other items, so I believe the remains were found after the items. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member